Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Neutrino Ion Generators - better than ZPMs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The asgard beaming device cant make a ZPM because 1) the computer dont know how to. 2) The humans would be too powerfull, and the show would end.

I dont know why people keep saying it`s impossible to make zpms and that it would require too much energy, even though we have no idea of how a zpm works.
    We dont know how it creates a "pocket universe" inside it. But the ZPM is just a machine, just like the naquadah generator, or NIG. The ZPMs didnt fall from the sky, they were MADE. If we understood how to, we could program the asgard machine to make it.

And one more thing, if the machine were a molecular converter, it would be easier to explain why we cant make naquadah for example... But as some people say ( dont really remember if it was stated in the show ) that it transforms energy into matter, there`s no real difference in making naquadah or oxygen ( I mean, there`s but it`s little ). Making matter from energy requires a LOT of energy.

Comment

My point was that neutrino ion generators utilise neutrinos. They may use neutronium as part of the device, but we don't know that. I was just wondering where all the Replicator/Asuran/neutronium talk came from considering it's a neutrino ion generator, not a neutronium ion generator.

I figure that the ZPM may be the most powerful energy source, but it'll eventually run out of power/reach maximum entrophy. The neutrino ion generators power those ridiculously fast Asgard hyperdrives, so they can't be slouches in the energy department. I'd say that, since we have the info on how to make the generators and don't know how to make ZPMs, the neutrino ion generators have the edge. They may/may not be as powerful as a ZPM, but they're certainly far more accessible.
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Unbreak View Post
        The asgard beaming device cant make a ZPM because 1) the computer dont know how to. 2) The humans would be too powerfull, and the show would end.

I dont know why people keep saying it`s impossible to make zpms and that it would require too much energy, even though we have no idea of how a zpm works.
        We dont know how it creates a "pocket universe" inside it. But the ZPM is just a machine, just like the naquadah generator, or NIG. The ZPMs didnt fall from the sky, they were MADE. If we understood how to, we could program the asgard machine to make it.

And one more thing, if the machine were a molecular converter, it would be easier to explain why we cant make naquadah for example... But as some people say ( dont really remember if it was stated in the show ) that it transforms energy into matter, there`s no real difference in making naquadah or oxygen ( I mean, there`s but it`s little ). Making matter from energy requires a LOT of energy.
        I'm afraid that, at best, you'd obtain an empty ZPM, and when you'd try to get the universe in, something bad would happen.
        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
          My point was that neutrino ion generators utilise neutrinos. They may use neutronium as part of the device, but we don't know that. I was just wondering where all the Replicator/Asuran/neutronium talk came from considering it's a neutrino ion generator, not a neutronium ion generator.
          On that, I totally agree. That's why I also speculated about the role of neutrinos there.

Looking at articles about stars, fusion and neutrinos was a primary source of inspiration behind that theory.
          The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
            I'm afraid that, at best, you'd obtain an empty ZPM, and when you'd try to get the universe in, something bad would happen.
            I dont know why people talk about the ZPM as if it were some magical device. It`s a machine, every machine can be replicated.
            The problem is that in order to replicate, we would have to understand it.

Comment

What about an Ori powercore can it beat a ZPM?

Comment

I dont know why people talk about the ZPM as if it were some magical device. It`s a machine, every machine can be replicated.
                The problem is that in order to replicate, we would have to understand it.
                You can replicate, in theory, and assuming you have enough energy, anything in realspace.

Problem is that a ZPM carries its own universe in a pocket. It's *a tad* beyond the point of replicating a fusion power plant.

Comment

You dont need to make the universe, that`s what the zpm does. You can replicate the device that creates the pocket universe. As far as I understand, the zpm doesnt hold energy, it`s a generator.

There`s not much difference when you are materializing something about the material, I mean, the fact that we can take energy from something doesnt mean anything.
                  E=mc^2 , to convert energy to any amount of matter, would require an VERY large amount of energy.

Comment

You dont need to make the universe, that`s what the zpm does. You can replicate the device that creates the pocket universe. As far as I understand, the zpm doesnt hold energy, it`s a generator.

There`s not much difference when you are materializing something about the material, I mean, the fact that we can take energy from something doesnt mean anything.
                    E=mc^2 , to convert energy to any amount of matter, would require an VERY large amount of energy.
                    It taps energy from the pocket universe. I really doubt the synthetizer can manage things as complex as recreating whole subuniverses out of the blue.
                    The ZPM doesn't create the pocket universe, it's built around it. The ZPM is just a host and an extractor.

Comment

Nintendo generators whut?

Comment

OK people... time for some science. Neutronium is made out of neutrons that are densely packed togheter. Neutrons are composed of a proton, an electron and an antineutrino. So if you bombard neutronium with neutrinos, it will annihilate with the antineutrinos resulting in protons, electrons and energy. The protons and electrons could fuse with other neutrons resulting in ions. That's how the NIG could work. It's sort of like a nuclear reactor.
                        Now for the ZPM. I think we're forgeting what ZPM means... Zero Point Module... that extracts Zero Point Energy. Zero Point energy is also referd to vacuum energy. Vacuum is thought to be composed of virtual particles (a particle and its antipartener that constantly annihilate and then are recreated from the resulting energy), as shown by the Casimir effect. If you could somehow harness that energy from the particle - antiparticle annihilation, you would have a lot of energy. The ZPMs probably extract this energy from subspace as opsed to Arcturus which used normal space.
                        Last edited by Andru10; 13 June 2008, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Could you use a food analogy?

Comment

the initial question is stupidly simple : ofcourse. they dont have a finite amount of power.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                              Could you use a food analogy?
                              NIG is like broccoli. ZPM is like a turkey dinner on Thanksgiving Day

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                                the initial question is stupidly simple : ofcourse. they dont have a finite amount of power.
                                We know this from where?

Originally posted by Andru10 View Post
                                NIG is like broccoli. ZPM is like a turkey dinner on Thanksgiving Day
                                Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

Working...
                                X