Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right and i have the worst theory ever, you really need to get out and about because there are worst ones.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

i've always assumed the ZPM increases the charge of a drone, as seen in lost city drones can literally pass right through stuff and come out the other side when powered in that way, and also powers the chairs telepathic link to the drones,
      honestly, my theory of drones is actually that they work using sheild and also inertial control technology, which allows then to pass through sheilds and causes more energy on impact than if they were inert, the inertial control is what steers them and gives them even more oomph, but requires higher levels of power drawn from the ZPM at source.
      i don't think that theory interferes with the organic theory, perhaps the organism has those features.
      Spoiler:
      Disclaimer:
      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
      Quotes!
      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
      sigpic

Comment

It doesnt and its quite plausable, we know the ancients had interial dampning technology, but my organic theory is in practice theoretic. It is just one epxlaination, that the warhead is organic.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        11000! green me

Comment

ah well, i'm saying i feel the warhead is sheild based, but perhaps the telepatchic control is organic based
          Spoiler:
          Disclaimer:
          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
          Quotes!
          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Silverbeacher View Post
            My personal thoughts on if the drones are organic or not,withstanding (i see them as being engineered in an organic manner, a 'replica' if you may of what once may have been an organic creature but now completely synthetic) but some of the arguments being used so far is that the drones are over 10,000 years old and can not possibly be organic as they would decay, die, etc and/or they're kept on racks like a mechanical item. May I remind everyone that the HIVE ships are ALSO organic in nature, THEY have lasted over 10,000 years, AND they travel in SPACE (no atmosphere, would kill any "normal" organic creature). Its science fiction kids; he had a theory, he didn't offer it up as canon, don't walk all over him like he's stupid or something.
            except the drones in the Atlantus outpost were millions of years old.

Comment

I havent got round to reading all the pages as I will forget what Im thinkin by the time I have finished so Im sorry if I repeat what someone has said.

The first thing is that they can be organic and still live for thousands of years. Well for a start this is sci fi so anything goes but just because we cant live that long isnt really an indication as ascended beings for one can live forever, going from plane (of existence) to plane as we know the plane of existence that the Others are on isnt the final step (cant remember what ep it is on)

Now I dont believe the drones are organic but if like immhotep said, they are organic then just think back to the kull warriors, now they were given life and yes only lasted a few days, but what if the drones are given life just before they are launched and like immhotep said, they soak up the energy from the power source like a sponge which creates the explosion. I mean the Ancients created the device that seeds life and Anubis used to create the kull warriors (I think he used the device, either that or the ascended knowledge) What if the Ancients after seeding life in the galaxy started modifying the device and maybe even created a small less powerful device to give life to the drone creature. This would probably mean that the Ancients created the creature/lifeform, but I would think they would have done anyway.

I understand immhoteps theory and it is quite impressive, although he does assume quite a bit but the only thing I find wrong with it is that yeah I understand the whole put more energy into them and get a bigger explosion etc but I at least would have thought the Ancients created the drone system so that only a constant amount of power is used when launching and controlling them. This for one reason is that near the end of the war between the Wraith and Alterrans, the Alterrans would have been getting so desperate that they would have been putting so much energy into them as they could to destroy the Wraith with a really big bang that they would have no power left at all.

We know this didnt happen cuz the ZPM in Atlantis for one still had power (not much, but still had some) after thousands of years. What Im trying to say is that if they were created as more power in, more power out type system that there would be no power left meaning that all other systems would have to close because of some power hungry guy in the chair and for two that the drones may not be able to take that much power being forced into them that they would explode before they were launched and destroy the city.

So, I would think that the Ancients created them to be fired with a set level of power. And if immhoteps theory is true, then they would have had a max level of power instead of sharing the power of a ZPM between all the drones fired.

If there is anything you didnt understand from that (and to be honest, I forgot what I was saying near the end, so bear with me ) or you disagree or spot a mistake, let me know

EDIT: Oh, and I think the only reason McKay was only able to fire the drone upwards was not the fact that the power being used was less, it was more of a case he was using his laptop and the programming side was hard. I mean he couldnt use his mind to control it as there was no chair or interface allowing him to do it
              Last edited by WraithWarrior; 16 October 2007, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Well the Ancients had 3 ZPM's but were fighting for 100 years, and only had was 30 or so drones left, they may not have considered it, they are not the most tactically brilliant race in the universe how i do see your point. And my theory doesnt go about it, im saying that yes the warhead is calibrated to opperate at different "levels" of power imput. IE activate certain systems only when the mimimum power requirements for that system to function is transfered to the individual drone.

I really like your idea of using the Telchak technology as part of the drones function, maybe the whole glowwy part of the silo's activating is a large telchak blast powering them up. Or something along the lines of a small amount of power will bring them to life(almost like really deep hibernation, where they power down to the point of near death then when they need to be control power hits the alarm and wakes the drone up, this along with computing instantly draws power to fill up the warhead and so drones only take a few seconds to power up but actually perform seriously advanced procedures in doing so.
                sigpic
                11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                  I really like your idea of using the Telchak technology as part of the drones function, maybe the whole glowwy part of the silo's activating is a large telchak blast powering them up. Or something along the lines of a small amount of power will bring them to life(almost like really deep hibernation, where they power down to the point of near death then when they need to be control power hits the alarm and wakes the drone up, this along with computing instantly draws power to fill up the warhead and so drones only take a few seconds to power up but actually perform seriously advanced procedures in doing so.
                  Yeah, I was thinkin more of the fact that they are created by the Ancients as a kind of shell and then the life is given at the time of control more than a deep hibernation but yeah, it would certainly make for an intersting episode

Comment

Working...
                  X