Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well i thought that Chemical was K/Nah, a potassium naquadah compound which we know to be extreamely volitile when an electical current is passed through it.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson View Post
      *cough*refraction*cough*

I agree with chicer_mister, the drones cannot be organic because there is no way that the organism could possibly last thousands of years (The tower drones in the Jumpers) to millions of years (i.e. Atlantus outpost) without replacement... even if you say they are Uber advanced and genetically engineered, not even near ascended ancients have lived that long without cryogenics (i.e. Frozen) or in stasis pods (i.e. Merlin). If they did genetically engineer the lifeform they would presumably alter their own DNA (which we know they could do) to include the gene which prolonged life.

No, I believe that a naquada warhead of some description is more likely, or possibly a more stable form of the explosive Camulus used on the ZPM
      *cough* sorry it is refraction *cough*

I agree. All biological lifeforms have a limit to there mortal age (existence). If they are biological life and can "live" forever, then wouldnt the Ancients make themselves immortal as flesh and blood beings? Or at least a sect would (Ori or another break away group)
      sigpic

Comment

perhaps they found this creature and after that they geneticly grew something like it (sinthetic) and than was able to mass produce them besides why bother using drones for every thing when you have to use a squid to make them of corse they could breed them but its still faster to use the lazer weapon on the satilites
        I'm also know as "Meredith" on Keepthegateopen.net and SG community.com
        "No it only sound ridiculous till you hear yourself say I'm trapped on a spaceship stuck in a time dilation field."

http://sg1.stargatecommunity.com/eluvatar

Comment

Originally posted by chicer_mister View Post
          which episode is that?
          SG-1 Zero Hour (8x04 I think)

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
            1) The drones use a ships power source not their own warhead in order to cause damage and fly.
            probably true, this has already been discussed before. the theory goes that the device controlling the drones (be it a ship/chair/whatever) transfers power remotely to the drones, just like the DHD/jumpers transfer power remotely to the stargate.
            2) The drones are organic in nature
            I think it's pretty unlikely that something organic would survive for millions of years intact.
            but I guess anything is possible in scifi

Comment

thats why I say it is a sinthetic I say they found a creature and reengenered the creature from this creature but they made it inatimate so it cant die but has the same properties of the real creature
              I'm also know as "Meredith" on Keepthegateopen.net and SG community.com
              "No it only sound ridiculous till you hear yourself say I'm trapped on a spaceship stuck in a time dilation field."

http://sg1.stargatecommunity.com/eluvatar

Comment

Originally posted by eluvatar View Post
                thats why I say it is a sinthetic I say they found a creature and reengenered the creature from this creature but they made it inatimate so it cant die but has the same properties of the real creature
                you lost me

Comment

Essentially they cloned it but gave it non degrading properties.
                  sigpic
                  You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                  11000! green me

Comment

so.....living crystal?

Comment

weve seen it before
                      sigpic
                      11000! green me

Comment

weve seen it before
                        good point. Organic doesn't necessarily mean biological, I guess
                        Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
                        Check out my Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Matarrese View Post
                          good point. Organic doesn't necessarily mean biological, I guess
                          Hydrochloric acid and Hydrogen Peroxide are technically organic (exists naturally in nature).

I do agree with the energy being transferred at some level to the Drones (either whilst in storage, or possibly to detonate), I do disagree with it be a living creature or an engineered one.

Comment

.... wow. Just wow.

1. Drones probably don't take ZPMs to charge up. The Orion didn't need a ZPM to fire drones. In fact, the one thing that DOES need a ZPM to use is the chair, and that has been the only reason we've ever needed ZPMs to fire drones. So theory shot down.

2. Drones are NOT organic. If it was, it would either be capable of decay, or be constructed from once-living things. If it was capable of decay, NONE OF THE DRONES WOULD BE OF ANY USE TO US BECAUSE AFTER 10,000 YEARS THE DRONES WOULD BE GONE BY NOW. As for constructed from once-living things, THEY WOULD STILL DECAY ZOMG.

Pick up a book before you make claims that make 5th grade science students laugh at you.

Comment

Drone's don't need ZedPMs for power, but we DO know that they take their power from whatever powersource they're hooked up to.

This would explain why Jumper-fired drones are somewhat less powerful than city/ship-fired drones and why the drones deactivated and fell from the sky when their powersource was depleted (see The Tower in S2).
                              sigpic
                              http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Who's to say that a Jumper-fired drone is less powerful, though? One of them took out a Hatak.

Comment

Working...
                                X