This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to agree with Kirmit when it comes to the sheer number of ha'taks

Look at it like this the system lords have controlled the the Milky Way for several thousand years and they know their are enemeis out their who have better tech so what would any smart person do who has worse tech do, build more ships

So I have to agree with the thousand remark, also if you can't just count the fleet in threads, you have remember there were other system lords and lesser goa'uld who controled ha'taks

So saying theha'taks were in the thousands is a pretty safe number
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
      I have to agree with Kirmit when it comes to the sheer number of ha'taks

Look at it like this the system lords have controlled the the Milky Way for several thousand years and they know their are enemeis out their who have better tech so what would any smart person do who has worse tech do, build more ships

So I have to agree with the thousand remark, also if you can't just count the fleet in threads, you have remember there were other system lords and lesser goa'uld who controled ha'taks

So saying theha'taks were in the thousands is a pretty safe number

I gave you a line RIGHT from an episode, where the System Lrods said they could only send "a force 100 times stronger than what Apophis attacked Earth with" to assault the SGC. Where are you getting thousands???
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
        1.) I HAVE disproven that "thousands of ha'tak" thing with my quote from "Fair Game".
        2.) How is that an "obvious goof"? Several other ha'tak have been shown to move that fast... Anubis' ships were able to arrive a few minutes after Anubis had his confrontation with President Hayes, after all.
        3.) Ha'tak haven't taken that long to get anywhere since Season One, and even then, they crossed the galaxy in under 24 hours.
        4.) Yes, "the last time", I've said it in several posts. Read through before you tell me what I said, please.
        5.) Yes, they can be entered because WE KNOW THEY'RE THERE. They ARE weapons, so I can count them as an offensive capability of an Aurora.
        1) what was said in that episode was later disproven in 'Reckoning'.
        2) & 3) Anubis sent that hologram while he was already on route to Earth, no normal ha'tak can pass the galaxy in a matter of hours, Earth ships, which have ASGARD hyperdrives take days just to cross it.
        5) You know nothing about these weapons to say how effective they would be on the ha'tak so how can you use them in an argument? for all you know they are simply used for ground bombardment and totally ineffective in space I'm not saying that's what they are but you see my point, we know nothing at all about them.

Comment

I gave you a line RIGHT from an episode, where the System Lrods said they could only send "a force 100 times stronger than what Apophis attacked Earth with" to assault the SGC. Where are you getting thousands???
          But that doesn't mean they couldn't send more or have more it just means they have a big fleet.

I'm sorry but thats not not a good of enough quote for me. Now had the System lords said we have a combinded fleet of 200 ha'tak class vessel then I would agree with you but they don't they just say they could bring a 100 times what Apophis brought. It was a threat not actual intel on the Goa'uld fleet.
          A Face you Can Trust
          sigpic
          It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

But that doesn't mean they couldn't send more or have more it just means they have a big fleet.

I'm sorry but thats not not a good of enough quote for me. Now had the System lords said we have a combinded fleet of 200 ha'tak class vessel then I would agree with you but they don't they just say they could bring a 100 times what Apophis brought. It was a threat not actual intel on the Goa'uld fleet.
            Can I just add to that the system lords are not all the Goa'uld, there are plenty of others like fugiman mentioned, minor goa'ulds and simply ones not apart of the system lords with fleets of their own. Sokar was not a system lords and he had loads of Ha'tak which later went into the possession of Apophis.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
              Can I just add to that the system lords are not all the Goa'uld, there are plenty of others like fugiman mentioned, minor goa'ulds and simply ones not apart of the system lords with fleets of their own. Sokar was not a system lords and he had loads of Ha'tak.
              And didn't it say somewhere that Sokar had several hundred ha'taks
              A Face you Can Trust
              sigpic

Comment

Most likely as no other goa'uld would challenge him, there must've been a reason why, because his fleet could crush any other is my guess. Now after Aphophis was defeated the chances of his fleet being incorporated into the system lords fleet is high imo, add to that goa'uld who joined them after 'New Order' which is high imo when they saw the threat of the replicators. Add to that conquered fleets, ba'als was pretty big (no pun intended lol) then what he obtained from Anubis we're talking about a hell of alot of Ha'tak. Maybe not over a thousand for just the system lords but cetainly close and definately enough to take down one Aurora class but imo there are over a thousand Ha'tak out there in total.
                Last edited by kirmit; 03 October 2007, 05:19 PM.

Comment

They tend to use the word system lord very loosely, IMO system lord refers to Go'uld in total control of Ha'taks and armies and the Jaffa are loyal to him and hima alone so Sockar would be a System lord
                  -what you are thinking of Is like the band of system lords that CHOOSE to be a part of the organization kind of like the AU or EU some countries don't want to be part of the organization but they are still countries.
                  - And IMO thier are maybe a 500 ha'taks all together
                  -And the Go'uld would destroy the Auora ship bt scheer numbers just like the wraith.

Comment

I think thats the point me and kirmit are trying to make just by sheer numbers the Ha'taks would win
                    A Face you Can Trust
                    sigpic

Comment

That was never said in the show. The Asgard ship was seen engaging the Ori once, and then it disappeared without any further conversation about it.
                      Wow! Are you able to read? I have already stated that it wasn't an Asgard ship per se, but a Tau'ri vessel with upgraded Asgard shields. Wow! Wow! Wow!

Comment

Can I just add to that the system lords are not all the Goa'uld, there are plenty of others like fugiman mentioned, minor goa'ulds and simply ones not apart of the system lords with fleets of their own. Sokar was not a system lords and he had loads of Ha'tak which later went into the possession of Apophis.
                        Thread title says "System Lords", so we'll be using them.

1) what was said in that episode was later disproven in 'Reckoning'.
                        2) & 3) Anubis sent that hologram while he was already on route to Earth, no normal ha'tak can pass the galaxy in a matter of hours, Earth ships, which have ASGARD hyperdrives take days just to cross it.
                        5) You know nothing about these weapons to say how effective they would be on the ha'tak so how can you use them in an argument? for all you know they are simply used for ground bombardment and totally ineffective in space I'm not saying that's what they are but you see my point, we know nothing at all about them.
                        1.) You have ZERO proof of that unless you count ALL the ships up. And from just looking, it still looks like there are less than 200 ships present, total.
                        2/3.) Okay, ships CAN traverse the galaxy in hours. Did you not read what I posted? Go rewatch "Within the Serpent's Grasp" if you don't believe me. And that was with Season One's hyperdrives; they've advanced since then.
                        5.) Okay, they're ANCIENT-BUILT energy weapons. All energy-based weaponry we've seen form the Ancients is obscenely powerful. Why would these turrets, on their frontline warships, no less, be any weaker? It's speculation, yes, but I'm using canonical fact to back it up.

Plan and simple... no.

My interpretation was that it was a threat, yes, but they were also showing just how poerful they were. 200 ha'tak is nothing to sneeze at, remember, so it's logical to assume that was the full force of the System Lord fleet.
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by NoobTau'ri View Post
                          Wow! Are you able to read? I have already stated that it wasn't an Asgard ship per se, but a Tau'ri vessel with upgraded Asgard shields. Wow! Wow! Wow!
                          Wow! Wow! Wow! You never said "Tau'ri vessel with upgraded Asgard shields". Never. Go re-read your own post.

And besides, the Korolev's shields, the ship I assume you were referring to, could only take 2, really. One lowered the shields, the second overloaded them, and the third sliced through the ship.

Comment

I'm not saying that the Auruoa could not make a dent but to think that it could take out a fleet that big is just plain stupid
                            Why is it stupid? Just because you say so? I have provided ample logical arguments supporting what I said, while you just dismissed it as stupid while providing no logical reason whatsoever for why you believe that is the case. So who's stupid?

And how does the great number of Ha'ataks make my argument that an Aurora ship could take them out invalid? A single tank could take out an entire Babylonian army from 5000 years ago, so why does the sheer number of Ha'ataks immediately invalidates the possibility that the Aurora could come out victorious. You're not a smart one, now are you?

Comment

But the point is an aurora would not have unlimited drones, it does have a limited amount and a ZPM cannot last centuries under constant fire. Atlantis with the best shields around could only stand a few days of constant fire from a few hives. Now you have Aurora shields which i think it's pretty much accepted are not as powerful as the kind on Atlantis under fire from thousands of ships, the zpm as great as it is couldn't hold upto that for long.
                              But ha'tak weaponry is, on the whole, far weaker than that of the Wraith. I'd be willing to bet that Atlantis could last for weeks under ha'tak bombardment, if not months.
                              I agree s09. In addition to that you have to realize several things.

1. That 1 ZPM was powering a shield at maximum that had to form a bubble around an entire city that doesn't even have a hull. An Aurora is a Warship designed to be taking on fire from enemies such as the Wraith.

2. McKay was at the scientific helm. Yes, he is probably the smartest Tau'ri & 2nd best Tau'ri scientist, but he's no Lantean. Since the tech is so far above his head I strongly doubts that everything was operating at peak efficiency. Heck, a Master Control Counsel was sitting in the middle of the Gate Room for 3 years, and he never realized it.

3. Age & destruction could've done gosh knows what to the proficiency of the power conduits.

4. Atlantis was designed to operate with 3 ZPMs, operating at maximum with only one may drain it exponentially more.

And if the measly Tau'ri can carry relatively unlimited nuclear ordinance and railgun ammo, why can't the Ancients carry relatively unlimited drones?

I'm saying, if an Aurora was shiny & new, and under the command of Jack or Hammond, with Ancient Scientists running the key systems, I can see it taking down a few hundred Ha'taks.
                              sigpic
                              "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                              ~David Hewlett

Comment

Wow! Wow! Wow! You never said "Tau'ri vessel with upgraded Asgard shields". Never. Go re-read your own post.
                                wow! Wow! Wow! Yes, I did, when I retracted my post and said that it was not an O' Neil ship but the upgraded Asgard shields on the Human ship in "Unending" that was able to withstand 3 shots from an Ori ship before giving out. Wow! Wow! Wow! I feel like I'm in a Mensa meeting!

Comment

Working...
                                X