This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
    Just watch reckoning to see they have many many more that 200, heck there were likely more than 200 just in that battle.

As someone pointed out earlier, the 'Its good to be king' event with the 2 drones was performed by someone who basically knows a ha'tak inside and out, the ancients would not have that advantage. Plus that tactic may work on a few ha'tak but I really doubt they're going to be able to perform the same feat on every single ha'tak at the same time. That's the only way they could win, if they could take out every ha'tak at the same time with only 2 drones, otherwise they'll get pummeled before they could lift a finger.
    I wouldn't say "many more than 200". It always looked to me to be about 100, maybe a little more, plus Replicator warships.

And we're talking about drones here. Semi-intelligent, self-seeking missiles. If Sheppard and O'Neill can send drones wherever they want to, why couldn't someone at the controls of an Aurora-class just direct them toward an enemy ha'tak's engines? As someone else pointed out, Anceint ships can scan other ships incredibly fast ("The Return, Part 1"), so they could no doubt find weaknesses with ease.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
      I wouldn't say "many more than 200". It always looked to me to be about 100, maybe a little more, plus Replicator warships.

And we're talking about drones here. Semi-intelligent, self-seeking missiles. If Sheppard and O'Neill can send drones wherever they want to, why couldn't someone at the controls of an Aurora-class just direct them toward an enemy ha'tak's engines? As someone else pointed out, Anceint ships can scan other ships incredibly fast ("The Return, Part 1"), so they could no doubt find weaknesses with ease.
      Replicator warships? There were only ha'tak there and replicarters ship. There were definately more than a hundred there and remember the milkyway is very big, it would've taken all the ha'taks in the milkyway a long time to get to Dakaara, they were likely just the closest ships to it.

Even if they did know the weaknesses they would have to simultaneously hit all the ships because if they didn't they'd get pummelled. Even still they would not have enough drones to take out all the ships if it takes 2 to take down a ha'tak. Someone said an aurora has about 500 drones, that could only take out 250 ships. Even while the drones are taking out those ships the Aurora will be getting beaten down by the other hundreds of ha'tak.

Comment

Replicator warships? There were only ha'tak there and replicarters ship. There were definately more than a hundred there and remember the milkyway is very big, it would've taken all the ha'taks in the milkyway a long time to get to Dakaara, they were likely just the closest ships to it.

Even if they did know the weaknesses they would have to simultaneously hit all the ships because if they didn't they'd get pummelled. Even still they would not have enough drones to take out all the ships if it takes 2 to take down a ha'tak. Someone said an aurora has about 500 drones, that could only take out 250 ships. Even while the drones are taking out those ships the Aurora will be getting beaten down by the other hundreds of ha'tak.
        No, there were several of the "Replicator" warships (the ones that look like giant bugs). And you're completely speculating on the numbers here. Bra'tac's display from when Ba'al arrived couldn't have shown more than 75 ships, probably less, and the Replicators brought the same sized force, for a total of (less than or equal to) 150 ships tops.

Finally, NO ONE knows how man drones an Aurora can hold; whoever said it was 500 is just speculating.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

No, there were several of the "Replicator" warships (the ones that look like giant bugs). And you're completely speculating on the numbers here. Bra'tac's display from when Ba'al arrived couldn't have shown more than 75 ships, probably less, and the Replicators brought the same sized force, for a total of (less than or equal to) 150 ships tops.

Finally, NO ONE knows how man drones an Aurora can hold; whoever said it was 500 is just speculating.
          I'll have to watch it again but I'm pretty sure it was just Ha'tak vs Replicator controlled Ha'tak. I said it was definately over a hundred and you've just backed me up on that so I don't know what you're trying to say. There are plenty more Ha'tak than those shown in the battle though, like I said the galaxy is a big place and Ha'tak hyperdrives aren't as good as Earth ones, so the ha'tak not close to dakaara would've taken weeks to get there.

Well lets be honest the drone count is not going to be several thousands, which it would need to take out all the ha'tak in the tactic suggested. I doubt the 2 drones every ship tactic would even work, the drones in mass numbers have not been shown to be that controlled. Even if the Aurora shot 2 at a ha'tak then 2 at the next then 2 at the next etc etc it would still lose as the other hundreds of ships would be constantly firing upon it while it did this. It may be able to take out a sizable chunk of the fleet but it wouldn't win.

Comment

and thise hive ship guns are about the size of the Deadalus

Comment

I'll have to watch it again but I'm pretty sure it was just Ha'tak vs Replicator controlled Ha'tak. I said it was definately over a hundred and you've just backed me up on that so I don't know what you're trying to say. There are plenty more Ha'tak than those shown in the battle though, like I said the galaxy is a big place and Ha'tak hyperdrives aren't as good as Earth ones, so the ha'tak not close to dakaara would've taken weeks to get there.

Well lets be honest the drone count is not going to be several thousands, which it would need to take out all the ha'tak in the tactic suggested. I doubt the 2 drones every ship tactic would even work, the drones in mass numbers have not been shown to be that controlled. Even if the Aurora shot 2 at a ha'tak then 2 at the next then 2 at the next etc etc it would still lose as the other hundreds of ships would be constantly firing upon it while it did this. It may be able to take out a sizable chunk of the fleet but it wouldn't win.
              On the number of ha'tak: You were claiming thousands. I disproved that, so you claimed 200+. My point was, there's no WAY it was 200+ in that battle, so there can't be that many ha'tak out there (and a good tenth of those ships were rebel Jaffa ones, don't forget, along with al'kesh). As for your statement on the hyperdrives... no. Goa'uld hyperdrives may not be as good as ours, but they are pretty darn fast. In "Camelot", Teal'c went across the galaxy to enlist the Lucian Alliance's help, and their ha'tak (same as the Jaffa/Goa'uld's) arrived within 1 or 2 hours.

And for the LAST time; Aurora's are COVERED in turret-based weapons! Look at any screenie and you can quite clearly see them! The ship would be able to fire energy weapons ALONG WITH drones.

Comment

People, we are over-analysing this. it all boils down to this:

Can the simultaneous bombarment from hundreds of Ha'ataks overcome the Aurora's shields? The answer is no.

I think that the problem people have here is that they don't fully comprehend just how powerful the Aurora's shields are. To understand just how powerful it's shield is when powered by a ZPM, try to imagine the shield strngh of an O'Neil class ship, then multiply that by 10 times. An Ori ship had to shoot the O'Neil 3 times with it's main weapon before the shiled was overwhelmed. Well, we know for a fact that the Aurora's shields were even stronger, and that the energy weaons of the Ha'ataks are much weaker than the Ori weapon. If a weaker shield(O'Neil's) could stand the firing from several Ha'ataks without giving in, then imagine how much the stronger Aurora's shield could take.

Comment

Originally posted by NoobTau'ri View Post
                  People, we are over-analysing this. it all boils down to this:

Can the simultaneous bombarment from hundreds of Ha'ataks overcome the Aurora's shields? The answer is no.

I think that the problem people have here is that they don't fully comprehend just how powerful the Aurora's shields are. To understand just how powerful it's shield is when powered by a ZPM, try to imagine the shield strngh of an O'Neil class ship, then multiply that by 10 times. An Ori ship had to shoot the O'Neil 3 times with it's main weapon before the shiled was overwhelmed. Well, we know for a fact that the Aurora's shields were even stronger, and that the energy weaons of the Ha'ataks are much weaker than the Ori weapon. If a weaker shield(O'Neil's) could stand the firing from several Ha'ataks without giving in, then imagine how much the stronger Aurora's shield could take.
                  When did we EVER see an O'Neill take 3 hits from an Ori main weapon...? I know it definately wasn't in "Camelot"...

Comment

Confirmed. This was never shown. Cut the BS please. No fansplooge. Only citable sources.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                      Confirmed. This was never shown. Cut the BS please. No fansplooge. Only citable sources.
                      Is this directed at me? Wow...you're rude. Anyway, it was shown in "Unending" that an upgraded Asgard shield could take 3 hits from the Ori main weapon before failing. So I should have said "best Asgard shields" and not "O'Neil shields"`. Nevertheless, my point stands: the best Asgard shields could take up to 3 hits from the ori's ships main weapon before giving out, which means that the Aurora's shields powered by a ZPM could take even more. Just imagine how much it could take from the Ha'ataks energy weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by NoobTau'ri View Post
                        Is this directed at me? Wow...you're rude. Anyway, it was shown in "Unending" that an upgraded Asgard shield could take 3 hits from the Ori main weapon before failing. So I should have said "best Asgard shields" and not "O'Neil shields"`. Nevertheless, my point stands: the best Asgard shields could take up to 3 hits from the ori's ships main weapon before giving out, which means that the Aurora's shields powered by a ZPM could take even more. Just imagine how much it could take from the Ha'ataks energy weapons.
                        That was never said in the show. The Asgard ship was seen engaging the Ori once, and then it disappeared without any further conversation about it.

Comment

I'm sorry but how can you think that hundreds of ha'taks, al'keshs, and death gliders could not take down one ship

I'm not saying that the Auruoa could not make a dent but to think that it could take out a fleet that big is just plain stupid

Also using drones are hard to use unless you sue them in masses like O'Neill did but seperate targets like death gliders and al'keshs are hard to use as seen in adrift
                          Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                          A Face you Can Trust
                          sigpic
                          So whats the worst that could happen?
                          Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                          It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

On the number of ha'tak: You were claiming thousands. I disproved that, so you claimed 200+. My point was, there's no WAY it was 200+ in that battle, so there can't be that many ha'tak out there (and a good tenth of those ships were rebel Jaffa ones, don't forget, along with al'kesh). As for your statement on the hyperdrives... no. Goa'uld hyperdrives may not be as good as ours, but they are pretty darn fast. In "Camelot", Teal'c went across the galaxy to enlist the Lucian Alliance's help, and their ha'tak (same as the Jaffa/Goa'uld's) arrived within 1 or 2 hours.

And for the LAST time; Aurora's are COVERED in turret-based weapons! Look at any screenie and you can quite clearly see them! The ship would be able to fire energy weapons ALONG WITH drones.
                            Erm no you haven't disproven that there are infact thousands of ha'tak out there, we were only talking about the fight over Dakaara. About 'Camelot' well come on that's just an obvious goof, no ha'tak apart from replicator controlled ones has been shown to be that fast. Earth ships hyperdrives are much better than goa'uld onces and they take days to just get out of the milkyway so ha'tak would take weeks atleast the go across the galaxy.

for the last time? You've only brought those into the discussion once so no need to get touchy.

Yeah these supposed turrets, have you actually seen any energy weapons fired from them or how much distructive power they have (not including 'Progeny' as its still debated if they were drones and if those were aurora class ships)? No, so these cannot be entered into the discussion.

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                            I'm sorry but how can you think that hundreds of ha'taks, al'keshs, and death gliders could not take down one ship

I'm not saying that the Auruoa could not make a dent but to think that it could take out a fleet that big is just plain stupid

Also using drones are hard to use unless you sue them in masses like O'Neill did but seperate targets like death gliders and al'keshs are hard to use as seen in adrift
                            Thank you, this is what I'm saying, one ship taking down that many ships is just plain silly and I think people are way over estimating the Aurora's shields, they aren't like the Atlantis shields lol .

Comment

Erm no you haven't disproven that there are infact thousands of ha'tak out there, we were only talking about the fight over Dakaara. About 'Camelot' well come on that's just an obvious goof, no ha'tak apart from replicator controlled ones has been shown to be that fast. Earth ships hyperdrives are much better than goa'uld onces and they take days to just get out of the milkyway so ha'tak would take weeks atleast the go across the galaxy.

for the last time? You've only brought those into the discussion once so no need to get touchy.

Yeah these supposed turrets, have you actually seen any energy weapons fired from them or how much distructive power they have (not including 'Progeny' as its still debated if they were drones and if those were aurora class ships)? No, so these cannot be entered into the discussion.
                              1.) I HAVE disproven that "thousands of ha'tak" thing with my quote from "Fair Game".
                              2.) How is that an "obvious goof"? Several other ha'tak have been shown to move that fast... Anubis' ships were able to arrive a few minutes after Anubis had his confrontation with President Hayes, after all.
                              3.) Ha'tak haven't taken that long to get anywhere since Season One, and even then, they crossed the galaxy in under 24 hours.
                              4.) Yes, "the last time", I've said it in several posts. Read through before you tell me what I said, please.
                              5.) Yes, they can be entered because WE KNOW THEY'RE THERE. They ARE weapons, so I can count them as an offensive capability of an Aurora.

Comment

Thank you, this is what I'm saying, one ship taking down that many ships is just plain silly and I think people are way over estimating the Aurora's shields, they aren't like the Atlantis shields lol .

Thank you, the Aurora's shields ar not as powerful as atlantis shields so after getting shot at by 200 Megaton by some hundred ships then the ancinet ship's shields would fail
                                Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                                A Face you Can Trust
                                sigpic
                                So whats the worst that could happen?
                                Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                                It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Working...
                                X