This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
    In "No Man's Land", the drones were ebing operated by an inexperienced Earth scientist. He proabably just targeted the nearest ship and let fly. Most likely, Ancients, or a smarter human, could figure out how to divy up the drones to allow just enough to destroy the hive to go.

And in "Lost City", most of those drones cut through the ha'tak and went on to other ships, so it stands to reason that we didn't need all of them.

Finally, we have no idea if the Tria was already damaged during that fight, so I don't think we can use that as proof.
    Didn't Lorne just say fire to Zelenka? There was no other control than that, I don't see how an ancient pushing the fire button would make any difference.

Even if some drones did survive it still took the majority of them to take out the ships and that was just 30 ships, there was no way enough to take out a 1000+ ships.

The Tria Captain (I forget her name) said the damage was sustained during the engagement with the cruisers didn't she?

Comment

were assuming that the aurora is completly reliant on drones here.
      and even the anchients couldn'y have benn soo stupid as to use only amunition based weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by chicer_mister View Post
        were assuming that the aurora is completly reliant on drones here.
        and even the anchients couldn'y have benn soo stupid as to use only amunition based weapons.
        We've seen that they have turreted energy weapons on them, but they've never been seen firing (unless you count the flashback in "Progeny").
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
          An aurora has roughly 500 drones per ship, it takes 2 drones to take out a Hatak and thats only with high level tactical knowledge about Hatak weak spots (something the ancients do not have, as shown by thousands being used to take out anubis when using ancient knowledge while it should only have taken 100 max if oniel was in full control)
          Now that means that for the Systems lords to gain the upper hand they would need at least 250 ships. 300 in fact because it would take 50 to destroy the aurora and 250 for drone fodder. The system lords have many more Hataks than those needed as shown by reckoning.
          Now some variables:
          Does the Aurora have ZPM? If yes the number of hataks needed to destroy the Aurora post drone silo emptying. If no then it doesnt make a difference.
          Are the Hataks pre or post anubis? if pre, will need more, post, will need same amount.
          500 drones? Where is this number coming from?
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

His arse, where a majority of the world's hot air comes from.

Comment

If it has ONE FULL ZPM and Unlimited drones, the entire system lord fleet would fall. Just watch "Lost City," an Aurora is more formidable than the outpost.

You guys don't seem to realize that a single ZPM can last for Centuries to Millenniums if McKay isn't at the helm. In combat it should last for a minimum of months.
              sigpic
              "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
              ~David Hewlett

Comment

This really depends on how strong the shields of the Aurora are, and I'm not talking about power. Some shields have been shown to be advanced enough that less advanced weapons have no effect whatsoever. Example, Revelations, where the Beliskner makes no dent at all in the Ha'taks shields. Put the Ancients, most advanced race in the show, against the Ha'tak, one of the weaker ships, and I'd give it to the Ancients.
                www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                  If it has ONE FULL ZPM and Unlimited drones, the entire system lord fleet would fall. Just watch "Lost City," an Aurora is more formidable than the outpost.

You guys don't seem to realize that a single ZPM can last for Centuries to Millenniums if McKay isn't at the helm. In combat it should last for a minimum of months.
                  But the point is an aurora would not have unlimited drones, it does have a limited amount and a ZPM cannot last centuries under constant fire. Atlantis with the best shields around could only stand a few days of constant fire from a few hives. Now you have Aurora shields which i think it's pretty much accepted are not as powerful as the kind on Atlantis under fire from thousands of ships, the zpm as great as it is couldn't hold upto that for long.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                    But the point is an aurora would not have unlimited drones, it does have a limited amount and a ZPM cannot last centuries under constant fire. Atlantis with the best shields around could only stand a few days of constant fire from a few hives. Now you have Aurora shields which i think it's pretty much accepted are not as powerful as the kind on Atlantis under fire from thousands of ships, the zpm as great as it is couldn't hold upto that for long.
                    But ha'tak weaponry is, on the whole, far weaker than that of the Wraith. I'd be willing to bet that Atlantis could last for weeks under ha'tak bombardment, if not months.

Comment

But ha'tak weaponry is, on the whole, far weaker than that of the Wraith. I'd be willing to bet that Atlantis could last for weeks under ha'tak bombardment, if not months.
                      Ok say the power of one hive equals 4 ha'tak, say bout 7 or 8 hives take 2 days to drain Atlantis' shields, so that would only need 32 ha'taks maximum. The system lords have thousands of ha'tak at their disposal, it wold take a matter of hours perhaps less for the ha'tak to drain the shields. That is Atlantis' aswell, an Aurora under that much fire would barely last 10 minutes imo. BTW I don't think the hive weapons are more powerful than a ha'taks, they simply have a much faster firing rate, just my opinion though.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                        Ok say the power of one hive equals 4 ha'tak, say bout 7 or 8 hives take 2 days to drain Atlantis' shields, so that would only need 32 ha'taks maximum. The system lords have thousands of ha'tak at their disposal, it wold take a matter of hours perhaps less for the ha'tak to drain the shields. That is Atlantis' aswell, an Aurora under that much fire would barely last 10 minutes imo. BTW I don't think the hive weapons are more powerful than a ha'taks, they simply have a much faster firing rate, just my opinion though.
                        In "Fair Game", the System Lords claimed to have 200 ha'tak ready for battle. That number steadily declined over the years, so I doubt that they have thousands.

Besides, a few drones could just target the engines and start a chain reation.

Comment

In "Fair Game", the System Lords claimed to have 200 ha'tak ready for battle. That number steadily declined over the years, so I doubt that they have thousands.

Besides, a few drones could just target the engines and start a chain reation.
                          Just watch reckoning to see they have many many more that 200, heck there were likely more than 200 just in that battle.

As someone pointed out earlier, the 'Its good to be king' event with the 2 drones was performed by someone who basically knows a ha'tak inside and out, the ancients would not have that advantage. Plus that tactic may work on a few ha'tak but I really doubt they're going to be able to perform the same feat on every single ha'tak at the same time. That's the only way they could win, if they could take out every ha'tak at the same time with only 2 drones, otherwise they'll get pummeled before they could lift a finger.

Comment

most people are forgetting that the auroro has sensors, they could scan the hatak and determine weak points in them, since the asgard were capable of scanning entire hataks when thor was captured....

and the system lords own hundreds of ships including death gliders and alkesh's, those agaisnt a ancient ship would lose pretty quickly...

now if it was one ORI ship against the system lord ships then thats another story......

DOES ANUBIS SUPERWEAPON SHIP COUNT OR THAT AND APOHOSIS MOTHERSHIP
                            sigpic

Comment

I was just thinking about a single Ori ship vs all the ha'taks. As much as I'd love it to rip apart the system lords ships, those stupid fluctuations would probably be it's downfall, god i hate TPTB for idea of the fluctuations. It could probably take out a large chunk of the fleet though, with it pulse weapon and the beam (which seems ta keep going after ripping through a ha'tak).

With anubis, the fleet could give his main weapon time to charge in which I reckon it could destroy the Ori ship.

Comment

1 drone can destroy a Ha'tak.

However, if 20+ Ha'tak start firing on an Aurora class simulataneously...

200 Ha'taks, forget about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X