Specs for the BC-304

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re: finite lifesupport.

i never got this. is it's capacity finite (like, a CO2 reducer that can scrub and reduce CO2 indefinately but can only handle so much per hour) or is it finite in itself (the chemicals used to scrub CO2 are finite)

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      re: finite lifesupport.

i never got this. is it's capacity finite (like, a CO2 reducer that can scrub and reduce CO2 indefinately but can only handle so much per hour) or is it finite in itself (the chemicals used to scrub CO2 are finite)
      who knows as it was just a vague statement in the show to add a bit of drama to that particular ep all i mean is the ep would have been over quite quickly if the daedy had fit all those people in one go,
      on another note the Daedy should have "borrowed" gate from another world had it in a hangar then just beam people onboard and send em through the gate = no lifesupport issues

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
        indeed.

and yes but it is only the limit due to "finite" life support

yes imo that would be logical to use daedalus personell aswell as some atlantis personell on the orion
        No it wouldn't be logical to use Daedalus personnel on Orion. First, the Daedalus would need its crew on board to operate fully. Remember its a warship, so its only got a crew large enough to use the ship to its full capacity in battle, with very few additional personnel. Second, the Orion is an Ancient warship, which means that only personnel that know how to fix Ancient technology would be able to fix it, and therefore be on board. This means that the crew would be from the Atlantis Expedition because there aren't any (or at least not many) techs on the Daedalus that know how to fix Ancient technology. If they did they would be stationed on Atlantis, not Daedalus. Third, because the Orion is Ancient most of the systems require the ATA gene and I seriously doubt that anyone on board the Orion even has the ATA gene, and even if they did there are more people on Atlantis who have it and have more experience with using Ancient technology. Finally and most important, Atlantis has more than enough personnel to fix and crew the Orion. And since the Orion was in need of repairs, most of the crew were technicians. So as of the episode "No Man's Land" the crew was definitely less than 200, most likely between 150-175. Besides in the scenes on the Orion I don't remember seeing one person in a Daedalus uniform. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)
        As for why there are differences in the numbers is that it is possible that additional personnel were added when new systems were added.
        It is also possible that it is an error made by the writers.
        Why are there six pedals and only four directions?
        -Michael J. Caboose

Sergeant, make it spin.
        Walter - Spin? Si-sir, it doesn't spin.
        What? It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I-I'm the general, I want it to spin. Now!

Comment

the deadalus can be ran with 2 people.....

Comment

Originally posted by deltaCain054 View Post
            No it wouldn't be logical to use Daedalus personnel on Orion. First, the Daedalus would need its crew on board to operate fully. Remember its a warship, so its only got a crew large enough to use the ship to its full capacity in battle, with very few additional personnel. Second, the Orion is an Ancient warship, which means that only personnel that know how to fix Ancient technology would be able to fix it, and therefore be on board. This means that the crew would be from the Atlantis Expedition because there aren't any (or at least not many) techs on the Daedalus that know how to fix Ancient technology. If they did they would be stationed on Atlantis, not Daedalus. Third, because the Orion is Ancient most of the systems require the ATA gene and I seriously doubt that anyone on board the Orion even has the ATA gene, and even if they did there are more people on Atlantis who have it and have more experience with using Ancient technology. Finally and most important, Atlantis has more than enough personnel to fix and crew the Orion. And since the Orion was in need of repairs, most of the crew were technicians. So as of the episode "No Man's Land" the crew was definitely less than 200, most likely between 150-175. Besides in the scenes on the Orion I don't remember seeing one person in a Daedalus uniform. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)
            As for why there are differences in the numbers is that it is possible that additional personnel were added when new systems were added.
            It is also possible that it is an error made by the writers.
            i do not agree.

Comment

Originally posted by colbmista View Post
              the deadalus can be ran with 2 people.....
              It can due to mostly automated systems, but were not talking about full combat abilities or the ability to repair properly. Systems like damage control require crew members and you would never bring a ship into combat without at least a skeleton crew given the ability. You also have to count in the security contingent, pilots, and repair crews.
              -Michael J. Caboose

Sergeant, make it spin.
              What? It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I-I'm the general, I want it to spin. Now!

Comment

Originally posted by deltaCain054 View Post
                It can due to mostly automated systems, but were not talking about full combat abilities or the ability to repair properly. Systems like damage control require crew members and you would never bring a ship into combat without at least a skeleton crew given the ability. You also have to count in the security contingent, pilots, and repair crews.
                but to fly the ship into combat and win, you really only seem to need two people with the Asgard beams.

Comment

Originally posted by Laertes View Post
                  but to fly the ship into combat and win, you really only seem to need two people with the Asgard beams.
                  exactly one to fly and one to control the asgard core

Comment

Originally posted by Laertes View Post
                    true, but once again we are talking about a normal crew, and more specifically I was talking about the Daedalus at the time of "No Man's Land"
                    -Michael J. Caboose

Sergeant, make it spin.

Comment

The one where Ronon pulled "a wookie" and started beating the weapons console?
                      "You spent 7 years as MacGyver and you can't figure this one out? We got belt buckles and shoe laces and a piece of gum, build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud.."

"...."

Comment

That was hillarious, but no that was "The Daedalus Variations". "No Man's Land" is the one where the Orion was destroyed.
                        -Michael J. Caboose

Sergeant, make it spin.

Comment

Working...
                        X