No announcement yet.

Specs for the BC-304

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, it was confirmed that the ships use a series of Naqahdah generators, at least for the Prometheus but probably for the Daedalus class as well in "Ethon" when Carter was trying to reroute power.

Vala,

Comment

dont forget the second set of 5-6 'belly mounted' missile doors.
      "It's because you just cant spell manslaughter without the laughter..."

"If you move around the letters in "Ori Infantry" it spells Meatsheild."

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
        Actually, it was confirmed that the ships use a series of Naqahdah generators, at least for the Prometheus but probably for the Daedalus class as well in "Ethon" when Carter was trying to reroute power.

Vala,
        Wow! Good catch. At least a confirmation that they used naqahdah generators.
        This should put a strict end to the idea that naqahdria was still in use, despite all the problems they had with it.

There's also the problem that unless they managed to do it elsewhere, only Langara's nations could provide naqahdria, and right now, at the end of s9 and during s10, it's in the hands of the Ori.
        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
          Wow! Good catch. At least a confirmation that they used naqahdah generators.
          This should put a strict end to the idea that naqahdria was still in use, despite all the problems they had with it.

There's also the problem that unless they managed to do it elsewhere, only Langara's nations could provide naqahdria, and right now, at the end of s9 and during s10, it's in the hands of the Ori.
          Thanks!
          Yeah, I think they quit using Naqahdriah after "Enemy Mine" when they finally got a Naqahdah mine for Earth.

Vala,

Comment

Well, the whole instability thing put a damper on future use of Naquadriah to begin with. I thought they still had some generators though, but they were located on special 302's.

Comment

Does anyone have any numbers on the normal maximum yeilds/damage of the following?

-Mark 3 - 8 warheads
              -Horizon system
              "It's because you just cant spell manslaughter without the laughter..."

"If you move around the letters in "Ori Infantry" it spells Meatsheild."

Comment

"A lot" comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by TKG View Post
                  Does anyone have any numbers on the normal maximum yeilds/damage of the following?

-Mark 3 - 8 warheads
                  -Horizon system
                  I tried to sum them:

My post on page 14.
                  The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

good specs and description:
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daedalu...ruiser#Odyssey

Comment

Well I did some thinking on this .I'd say the Daedalus is Ruffly the Size of 2 Nimitz Class SuperCarriers. The Nimitz carry 90 aircraft in it's hanger bay .But The Daedalus Hanger bays are smaller with engine compartments in the rear of the hangers. She could carry atleast 32 firghters in her bays 8 on each side of the bays .Totaling 16 in the Starboard and Port side bays .

There lots of other things to take into account .You have Cargo bays ,Computer Cores ,Sick Bay,Brig ,Weapons Storage ,16 missile Silos ,Ammo for the Rail Guns ,Crew Quarters ,Mess Hall ,Gym ,(hell bathrooms and showers)Waste storage ,Water storage ,Life support , Repair Bay Storage ,Parts for the 302's and the Daedalus herself .
                      All of this needs to be taking into the Specs of the ship .

We still don't know what Powers the Daedalus yet .We do know the Odessy has a Asgard Power core .But it will take Earth engineers awhile to learn to reverse engineer this type of power system to be but in the other ships .That includes the new Beam weapons the installed in her. The Asgard install of this Equipment not us and as we saw in Unendding it too Carter some 50 years to work on the Asgard Database and get them back in time .

And to really put the point across WE HAVEN'T GOTTEN ANY REAL SPECS ON ANYTHING FROM STARGATE WORLD .

The compare thing to the Promethes is hard .Much of her crew was in the large tower section of the ship .Where as Daedalus is more streamline . I believe Col.Caldwell said he had a crew of some 300 .

Well thats what I think ?

Comment

last guess i heard on Length was 450 meters

and it is much larger then the BC/X-303
                        Under the Ice of Antarctica....
                        O'Neill: I cant go on....
                        Carter: You spent 7 Years on MacGyver and you cant figure this one out. We got belt buckles, and shoelaces and a piece of gum build me a Nuclear reactor for crying out loud. You used to be MacGyver, MacGadget, MacGimik but now your Mister MacUseless.

Comment

Originally posted by MacGuyverThis View Post
                          Well I did some thinking on this .I'd say the Daedalus is Ruffly the Size of 2 Nimitz Class SuperCarriers. The Nimitz carry 90 aircraft in it's hanger bay .But The Daedalus Hanger bays are smaller with engine compartments in the rear of the hangers. She could carry atleast 32 firghters in her bays 8 on each side of the bays .Totaling 16 in the Starboard and Port side bays .
                          Thanks for the long and drawn out discussion of a topic that they've already given a number for on the show. Each 304 carries 16 fighters. That's it. Keep thinking on THAT.

And to really put the point across WE HAVEN'T GOTTEN ANY REAL SPECS ON ANYTHING FROM STARGATE WORLD .
                          Ohh yes we do. Thanks for trying tho.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                            Thanks for the long and drawn out discussion of a topic that they've already given a number for on the show. Each 304 carries 16 fighters. That's it. Keep thinking on THAT.

Ohh yes we do. Thanks for trying tho.
                            Each bay can carrie 8 fighters but the left hangar is empty. They only use it for puddle jumper, cargo ship or stuff like that. But don't think they cannot be use for f-302.
                            You are the fifth race, your role is clear. If there any hope in preserving the future, its lies with you and your people.

Comment

Originally posted by Prométhé View Post
                              Each bay can carrie 8 fighters but the left hangar is empty. They only use it for puddle jumper, cargo ship or stuff like that. But don't think they cannot be use for f-302.
                              Your speculating, you don't know that for sure. With so much juicy details we DON'T know to debate about, why are you arguing over something thats already been made crystal clear?
                              www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Prométhé View Post
                                That's the USAF Daedalus. They used their left bag to carry supplies for Atlantis (because they didn't have a ZPM at the time). The ships that came along afterwards (including the Odyssey and Korolev) had a full complement of 16.

Comment

Working...
                                X