X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nukes on BC-304s

Minor spoilers for 'First Strike' well kinda minor

What was with the nukes on the Apollo? Not the horizon ones but its regular payload. When they launched three nukes at the satellite, they barely made a bang! They were tiny explosions for nukes! Not even the size of the gate! It was like someone put fireworks in a nuclear warhead casing

Were they nukes? I thought they were just missles.

Comment

I don't think the BC-304's carry non-nuclear missiles (cept for the Gliders). There's no reason not to carry nukes... if they need non-nuclear shots, fire a round off the railguns.

The Horizon was a multi-stage nuke platform. THe Apollo itself carried a standard paylod of mark 9's and mark.. 7's.

Why no standard nukes? because in order to pack a bang with conventional non-nuke weapons, you'd have to load that sucker down with explosives, and to achieve nuke-equivalent damage, you'd have to pack a ton more.

Comment

I'll try to find a screenshot And yeah the F-302s carry modified air-to-air missiles

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
          I don't think the BC-304's carry non-nuclear missiles (cept for the Gliders). There's no reason not to carry nukes... if they need non-nuclear shots, fire a round off the railguns.

The Horizon was a multi-stage nuke platform. THe Apollo itself carried a standard paylod of mark 9's and mark.. 7's.

Why no standard nukes? because in order to pack a bang with conventional non-nuke weapons, you'd have to load that sucker down with explosives, and to achieve nuke-equivalent damage, you'd have to pack a ton more.
          actually it is mark 3's and 8's as seen on the Daedalus.

Comment

I stand corrected. XD Well done, sir.

Comment

The reason the missles only went pop instead of bang is because they were targeted at the sattilite and not any forcefield around it. It's the same reason why you only get small explosions when the missles are intercepted by Darts.
              sigpic
              http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Yeah, they weren't given enough time to fully arm. Pre-detonation.

Comment

I am wondering where are they getting all these nukes? Are they taking them from the massive arsenal we have, and the russians??

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    I am wondering where are they getting all these nukes? Are they taking them from the massive arsenal we have, and the russians??
                    guess where the military is keeping their nukes.
                    sigpic
                    The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

America is in no short supply of nuclear weapons. And it's not like we can't create more.

Thankfully, the IOA helps ease any "ZOMG THEY ARE BUILDING WMDs" tensions.

Comment

Come on guys. Its' DSC - 304s

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Nuclear explosions in space aren't nearly as impressive as they are in an atmosphere. Space is a vacuum, so there is no air to carry the shockwave, and no gravity to create a mushroom cloud effect. All you'll really see is the initial thermal flash.
                          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
                            Come on guys. Its' DSC - 304s
                            I've heard that too but I vaguely remember Jackson saying BC-304 once.

Comment

Honestly, with the whole thing about the nukes and whether they explode or not, I just pretend that we dont even have nukes on the 304's b/c the commanders are so stupid and dont detonate them just before they impact the shield.

Best Stargate quote:
                              Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                              Green is your friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X