This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Ugly Do U Think The Aurora is...

Rate the Ancient Warship out of 10 for its looks.

I give it a 4 its just bulky and and not nice to look at compared to something like Atlantis.
    10 (OMG! It's so gorgeous! I've replaced all the pictures of my family with Aurora screenshots!)
    15.15%
    9 (I'm having cosmetic surgery to look more like the Aurora)
    6.06%
    8 (When I have sensual dreams, the Aurora is my lover)
    21.21%
    7 (I get so envious when the Aurora is around other ships...Hive Ship hussy!!! You too Daedalus!)
    3.03%
    6 (Definitely an attractive vessel. I'd take it to the prom...)
    9.09%
    5 (Eh, I'm not sure...I guess it would depend on if it had mad skillz)
    12.12%
    4 (Um...no. What is that thing sticking out of it? What possible purpose could that serve?!)
    6.06%
    3 (Gross! There is no way that the Ancients who build Atlantis also built that scrap pile!)
    9.09%
    2 (If Ori ships are toilets, I think I know what the Aurora is supposed to be)
    18.18%
    1 (I literally projectile vomit whenever it's on screen)
    0.00%
    =============

I'd give it 6-7

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Originally posted by minted_peanut View Post

I give it a 4 its just bulky and and not nice to look at compared to something like Atlantis.
      In all honesty why would looks matter for such a vessel!

In a war, you don't want to roll up to your target, then have them all stop & swoon how wonderful looking their enemy vessels are.

A warship is just that, it's target is to destroy or be destroyed. Hence, it's obviously gonna get banged up while in action at one point or another. Thus even if it was the most beautiful thing in the universe at one point, after a few hull breaches & Wraith bombardments, it ain't gonna be looking so pretty anymore.

Therefore looks don't matter, it's how it handles it's primary functions that are most important!

Comment

i gif it a 10
        it is one of the best detaild ships on a scifi serie
        sorry cant spell

Comment

I have a good idea where you got that image. Ever play Star Trek: Bridge Commander? That looks like a 3D model of an Ancient warship created in Milkshape 3D.

Comment

A 9. I seriously love it for its bulkiness and details.

Comment

I think I remember an interview with Bruce Woloshyn where he stated that they contracted out the creation of the Aurora-class to another digital fx company and they took inspiration from the 303/304 not realising that the Ancients were supposed to be greatly more advanced than those ships.
              I can't remember the exact statement or where I saw it so I could be wrong. If anyone knows could they post a link?

Personally, I think the Aurora has the same grow-on-you ugly charm that the Prometheus did. At first you think yuk but it does grow on you the more you see it so I will rate it 6/10.

This rating will go up 2 points if TPTB explain what happened to the Tria! If that isn't sufficient motivation for them to tell us I don't know what is!

Comment

Now call that ship ugly.

Comment

Ohhhh baby. She's a beauty!

Comment

She's definitely got a look of the battlestar Galactica about her. I defiantly think that it looks control-chair inspired rather than the more polished look of Atlantis as a whole.

Comment

i got to say the pics that An-Alteran's got a cool looking.

But with the shinny effects and the cool shadowing those pictures u could make cattle dun look gd lol.
                      =============

Comment

Originally posted by minted_peanut View Post

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
                        I have a good idea where you got that image. Ever play Star Trek: Bridge Commander? That looks like a 3D model of an Ancient warship created in Milkshape 3D.
                        Yeah it is. It's a great model. Shame Dave975 lost the mod of the year on bcfiles. His pack should have won it.

Anyway I'll give it a 8. It bugs me that it doesn't look moe stylised like Atlantis but I know why it isn't and I love it otherwise. It looks like a true warship that will just totally kick some ass.
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

10 because it looks like something the Terminator would use. *cheering on the terminator*
                          It looks badass.
                          Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Well... The Aurora itself looks like crap because it was so battlescared and what-not, but the Aurora class ships have a certain elegance to them that I love. 9/10.
                            You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

i think it has a nice look i like the asemetrical thing it has going on the sides it makes it different it does look a little like the earth ships though
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X