X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tria?
    www.AlexReekie.com

Comment

She could be captain of the Tria. I never considered that, good idea. Also we know that there is a possibility that we get a fleet of ancient warship, because i dont see why we would destroy them at the end of S3. So maybe she will be commander of the Tauri Aurora Fleets..
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Lex Reekie View Post
        Tria?
        Spoiler:
        It's the name of the Ancient Warship they were flying around between galaxies in.

No reference has been made to it since the "The Return" when the Ancients were transported back to Atlantis from the midway station of the gate bridge in the Daedulus as the hyperdrive on the Tria had been damaged/destroyed in a battle with the Wraith.

It is assumed that the Ancients just put the handbrake on and parked it out at the Midway space station

So the idea is Sam fixes or replaces the hyperdrive and pops by for a visit in it.

Comment

From "her own ship", originally took it to mean a new ship, or one someone else hadn't already commanded (never thought of the Tria, that would be cool).

Then I had another thought: what if it's Earth's very first Gateship? There is no way in hell that a battlecruiser will fit through a gate, and the number of Puddlejumpers is limited. It would make sense to have an Earth-designed Gateship simply for the purpose of transporting people back and forth along the intergalactic highway.

I'm not sure how likely it is that this is what the producers would be referring to, but I thought I'd throw it out here anyway.
          To TPTB and SciFi: thank you for ten wonderful years of SG-1. Thank you for three slightly less wonderful but still very good years of Atlantis, may there be many more to come. Thank you for the two SG-1 movies and the new spin-off being considered. SciFi, thank you for picking up SG-1 when it was cancelled after its fifth season, few other networks would even consider a show with so many season already behind it.

Mistakes have been made, but we are all only human, and coming up on fourteen season DVD box sets and two DVD movies are more than good enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Teotl View Post
            Then I had another thought: what if it's Earth's very first Gateship? There is no way in hell that a battlecruiser will fit through a gate, and the number of Puddlejumpers is limited.
            They have quite a few jumpers, I know they have lost some in battle but remember they got some extra ones from the people in "The Tower" those guys had a whole jumper bay full of the ships.

Comment

Her own ship

well I say ti it a valentine day/ wedding gift from thor. they finally decides to call a ship after her and give her one all to her self.

Although it more likely to be the tria or the vessel we apparently going be finding at the end of sg1 or it the odyssey or the Daedalus , remember the ori will be dealt with by the movie and so it would makes sense for the Daedalus to gain experience with Milkyway bad guys and for the odyssey crew to gain experience with the Pegasus bad guys and the Apollo to have the fun of the longest supply run in human history, well that if it not vaporise by the end of the season

Comment

I can see a few things happening.

A: Carter will show up on the shakedown cruise of a new BC-304, or if they want to spoil us, perhaps a X-305 developed using Ancient technology.

B: Carter will show up in command of the Apollo. depending on what happens, I can't see Abe Ellis hanging around if they plan to use Caldwell since Pileggi's new show was cancelled. Having both characters and both ships just seems to be a waste.

C: Carter will most definitely not be in full command of a ship (this goes for A through E), especially if it's a BC-304. It's a complete waste of her talent (unless they do the X-305 ship and it's a science vessel), and more importantly, by doing the movies Carter will be with SG1 and she just can't keep showing up everytime Mitchell needs help.

D: Depending on what Mitch is doing, if they keep Abe Ellis then she'll show up on Daedalus, but then it's not really her new spaceship.

E: They surprise us, and she arrives on the Asgard ship Samatha Carter, given a lift by Thor.

E would so get my vote, but I do think it's more likely B, with A coming second.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                  E: They surprise us, and she arrives on the Asgard ship Samatha Carter, given a lift by Thor.
                  Never thought of that! Does seem very likely lol.

After reading the thread, I really wanted her to be in command of a new Earth ship or the Tria, but I guess that E i very possible.

Comment

I think the Tria would be most likely, but an upgraded one which has asgard shields and hyperdrive, plus her new Phase cloak technology. I think she's either going to have her own, brand new ship, or the Tria.
                    My vote goes for an ancient ship, either the Tria or some kind of Asurian Aurora class.
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    Stargate : Genesis |
                    Original Starship DesignThread
                    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                    11000! green me

Comment

I would quite like to see a human/asgard/ancient hybrid ship. I am hoping though that she will be commanding a research vessel and we start to see some real progress with all the info that's in the ancient database.
                      A side note though, i can't see sg-1 staying together forever, and as one of the best scientists they have can they really justify sending her along with a team on missions that anyone else could go on.

Comment

Being our most valuable assets I am surprise they let her off world now. Really we would be no where near as advance as we are now with out her.

Comment

I dont think their is really any point to a Human/Asgard/Ancient hybrid ship. Asgard/Ancient certainly, but not with humans. Unless of course Earth will own the ship and we need everything to be controlled by our computers, but as far as the real big important technology goes, the Asgard and the Ancients have us by several thousand and several million years, respectively.
                          www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Teotl View Post
                            Then I had another thought: what if it's Earth's very first Gateship? There is no way in hell that a battlecruiser will fit through a gate, and the number of Puddlejumpers is limited. It would make sense to have an Earth-designed Gateship simply for the purpose of transporting people back and forth along the intergalactic highway.
                            I always assumed eventually they would build that midway station into something that people could just walk though..
                            www.AlexReekie.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lex Reekie View Post
                              I always assumed eventually they would build that midway station into something that people could just walk though..
                              That's the eventual plan.

Hard to say what Sam will appear in.

here's what I think. Either she'll come in a ship we've seen before, or she'll come in a ship we haven't seen before. That way I won't be disappointed when the time comes!

Comment

Apollo will be at Atlantis in the Apollo (yeah yeah Im pretty damn sure everyone on here knows about it already) but we dont know by season 4 if hes going to be a reaccurring character. Maybe Carter gets promoted by doing SOMETHING to help defeat the Ori in the movie, then gets to command her own ship, the Apollo.

or, she is the new commander of the Oddy. since it is currently commander-less. Season 4 the Ori are suppose to be defeated so why have the ship building dust on earth?

As others said, maybe the tria (but it would be in the pegasus galaxy not the milky way) so how would she be "arriving" in it?

Or even she just arrives in a puddle jumper through the midway station lol
                                Last edited by ManiacMike; 19 January 2007, 11:26 PM.
                                Visit my Website

Comment

Working...
                                X