This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Battera View Post
    And.... why not? If you're arguing that we could never be capable of building anything larger than that, then you forget to realize the ingenuity of humanity... plus we have alien tech to help us, though whether alien production methods are being used in these ships has yet to be shown.
    i was more thinking about logistic suport
    to mine te amout of trinium and naqwada and bring it to ship yards on earht

to built a US carier you need a massif logistic support to bring the reasorsis to the navil shipyards and you can never do thad for a 304 on a need to know level.
    sorry cant spell

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Mitchel View Post
      Space Ships tend to be big... This is SciFi, not reality.
      Yes, but it's based on reality and in our current time.

Edit: typing errors
      sigpic
      ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Iwas reading an interview with one of the guys from rainmaker. He got asked if he could give the specs for the 304's but he said he couldnt. The interviewer then asked if a length of 450 metres was close. The rainmaker guy said it was about right. So i think your on the right track boberth2o, give or take a couple of metres.

Sorry I can remember the link but if i find it again i'll post it here.
        sigpic
        By *E*K*R*

Comment

Originally posted by Gen_J_O'Neill View Post
          Iwas reading an interview with one of the guys from rainmaker. He got asked if he could give the specs for the 304's but he said he couldnt. The interviewer then asked if a length of 450 metres was close. The rainmaker guy said it was about right. So i think your on the right track boberth2o, give or take a couple of metres.

Sorry I can remember the link but if i find it again i'll post it here.
          is it this rainmaker?-----------> Click Me!
          sigpic
          ----DeviantArt----

Comment

http://board.thescifiworld.net/viewt...b14556261969fc

That's the link he was referring too.

Comment

Hey I just wanted to say good job on the scalings and everything. I'm not sure I would have been able to do the math that you came up with. I'm not real good with numbers. Hey, you know what? It's people like you that will design the real things one day...who knows?
              -Emi

"Daniel! Squirrelly!"
              -Brig. General Jack O'Neill in "Icon" Episode Season 08

Comment

Originally posted by EternalShogunX View Post
                Hey I just wanted to say good job on the scalings and everything. I'm not sure I would have been able to do the math that you came up with. I'm not real good with numbers. Hey, you know what? It's people like you that will design the real things one day...who knows?
                Thanks
                sigpic
                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

And here the 304 is 18 times smaller than the hive. Now thats reasonable at 611 meters. I think that the specs in allies are wrong and the screenshot is correct.

[/QUOTE]

Your reasoning is sound. However, i do belive that we should trust specs & computer diagrams over screenshots. Don't forget that with screenshots, there trying to tell the story more, in other words, they could be prone to a little more exageration.
                  For example, the above shot, to me shows, "Hey!! Daedalus may be smaller, 'fairly primitive' but you smelly wraith, with your massive grubby ships, are on your way to our planet and we're going to stop you any way we can! We open a Big Can of Whoop-ass!!"

My point is - I'd trust the computer diagrams to be "fairly" accurate.

I think its time for Plan B!
                  We have a Plan B Sir?
                  No! Buts its time for one!

Comment

Did we have any evidence that the Deady was at the same distance from us as the hive?

Because if it wasn't, it wouldn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                      Did we have any evidence that the Deady was at the same distance from us as the hive?

kinda what i was thinking
                      www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

hey first time posting so be nice but i agree i think that u can only go on 2d images that are on the show e.g those shots of the deddy in green and the hive in red.

because if you go off videos you cant be sure that both objects your trying to compare are the same distance away from you.

but even if we can say that we can use that pic we still need to know the size of a hive ship if anyone knows can u post it plz thanks alot.

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                          is it this rainmaker?-----------> Click Me!
                          What movies were in that Demo video?! (Especially the one with the giant robot?)

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

It was, in the preceeding shot the Daedalus' Hyperspace window opened directly behind the Hive it shot at.

Comment

Originally posted by An-Alteran View Post
                              It was, in the preceeding shot the Daedalus' Hyperspace window opened directly behind the Hive it shot at.
                              It was to my understanding that the Daedalus was a lot further away than the Hive.

Comment

heres an image for the scaling of the daedaulus from the go'auld ship, im talking to my friend mallaore about scaling for the hive ship, he sas there isn't enough info between the 2 ships or enough scene time to make a good model but he's working on it.
                                so, im not to sure what to say about it. anyway, thats my 2 cents.
                                daedalus is on the far right, and well, you know which one is hte go'auld i hope.

http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w...allacore-1.jpg
                                Last edited by USS Excalibur; 27 June 2007, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X