Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drones do not go through shields! EVIDENCE!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post

Those Asurans don't seem that smart either. They approached a beeping package which kept beeping faster and faster and just stood there.
    They have never encountered an explossive like that before, let alone a human made explossive. They had absalutely no way of knowing what it was.

Comment

those asurans lying down were funny, it means they were road kill .

we gotta learn how to fire mini kawoosh blasts as weapons fire.
      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Far too many people are grasping at straws here about how Drones work, and why it didn't go through the sheild.

Let it go... we've seen the proof. It's over with.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus117 View Post
          Or the fact that they are ascending and have easy access to knowledge beyond knowledge...

That too.

And well done, I've always believed that to be true, and it's nice to finally have confirmation.
          ERGH...... the umpteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenth time already being ascended doesn't make you all knowing it just gives you a better understanding of things.

Comment

he didn't say "all knowing" (which is omniscience) but merely knowledge beyond (common mortal ) knowledge

Comment

i think somone needs to create a weapon similar to how they draw energy into a zpm but instead release it torwards something
              sigpic

Comment

ok really weird out there thought here but I'll give it a go. What if it wasn't the shield on the jumper that delfected the drone? I've been thinking about 'lost city' none of those drones ever hit each other even though they were all bundled together. What if there's something in the drone that stops them from bumping into each other and deflect each other away? The drone didn't destroy the jumper because there were drones inside the jumper, it did get close and into the shield but then got as far as it can to the other drones and deflected off, damaging the shield a little in the process. I know it's a crazy idea but just came to me.
                Last edited by kirmit; 23 November 2006, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                  I understand you're looking at this as some sort of vindication for a past stance but I think you're jumping to quickly to your conclusion here.

The fact that shield interaction occured does not mean that the shield would stop the drone. If anything the amount of shield interaction that occured, and the fact the drone survived unharmed, might even suggest the opposite. That it would blow right through the shield.

The shield bubble is still up and glowing while the beam nails the ship and flies out the other side so I'd say it's cutting through the shields.

What? I was saying that after this episode it seems more possible that a shield might be able to stop a drone but it's by no means proven beyond all doubt like you're acting.

This situation doesn't give us what we need to be able to tell if the drone really would have destroyed the jumper had it come in at at angle that would have caused it to hit the hull.

So no one mentioned the possability of "they could just push the shield button when they detect a drone launch and screw our entire plan" because there was some sort of silent collective agreement for everyone to assume the Asurans were too stupid to think of that simple reflexive counter measure.
                  A weapon that bypasses shields/go right through shields shouldn't activate the shield bubble. In fact, we've seen drones do this, go straight through shields as if they weren't there without any interaction.

Even if the drone in The Return (part II) hit the jumper shield at a weird angle, the shield shouldn't have noticed it if the drones do in fact go through all shields.

Now, why wouldn't shield bubbles activate when hit by a power weapon like the Ori Satellite or Toilet beams? Of course they're going to activate, even if the weapons are so strong they completely drain the shields instantly. The shields are at least trying to hold.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit
                    ok really weird out there thought here but I'll give it a go. What if it wasn't the shield on the jumper that delfected the drone? I've been thinking about 'lost city' none of those drones ever hit each other even thought they were all bundled together. What if there's some in the drone that stops them from bumping into each other and deflect each other away? The drone didn't destroy the jumper because there were drones inside the jumper, it did get close and into the shield but then got as far as it can to the other drones and deflected off, damaging the shield a little in the process. I know it's a crazy idea but just came to me.
                    if that were so then the drone wouldn't have hit & damaged the shield since these things are designed to slip right through

besides the drones inside the jumper (if there were any) were not active anyway

btw the drones in Lost City were a lot closer together & travelled in "parallel" (at least once above ground)

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                      he didn't say "all knowing" (which is omniscience) but merely knowledge beyond (common mortal ) knowledge
                      Thank you...

Comment

Well the drones did not behave in a manor consistent with there previously displayed capabilities in this episode any way, so dose this really prove anything?

We know that drones can penetrate the material that the Lantean star cities are made of because we saw it done on "The Tower", so why is it that all of a sudden the drones can't pass through the hull material of Atlantis?

The way that they (the drones) were slamming into buildings and exploding on impact rather than burning through and continuing the pursuit of the jumper is indicative of some retconning of how they work IMHO.
                        Last edited by Argosy; 23 November 2006, 10:15 AM.
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:
                        Me: “I just wanted to take the Staten Island Ferry…I wasn’t expecting the extraordinary rendition.”
                        *Three DHS guys dressed in black pop out of nowhere. *
                        DHS: “NOBODY EVER EXPECTS THE EXTRAORDINARY RENDITION!!!”
                        DHS: “Our chief weapons are shock-n-awe, enhanced interrogation techniques, and the suspension of habeas corpus.”

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                          wrong on all counts

of course if this was intended humor then never mind, good one !
                          if not :

1) jumpers do have shields, watch SA episode 2x14 (Grace under pressure)

2) "no way a drone would target a jumper" ? why not - because the drone would feel bad about it ?

3) strange, what we saw on screen strongly suggested otherwise

4) really ? that's odd, then why go searching for the fabled Merlin's weapon then ? coz' you know, basically that's what the SG has been about since season 9
                          1) that jumper had a sheild because it was put on instead of the cloak.

2) a drone wouldnt be targeted at a jumper because we contol all the drones and all the jumpers aside from that of the asurans.

3) consider the possibility that we dont all live in america.

4) I was obvously refering to the Ori BATTLECRUISERS!

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Originally posted by .jolinar. View Post

2) a drone wouldnt be targeted at a jumper because we contol all the drones and all the jumpers aside from that of the asurans.

1) Yes, and it's been done before. Even the Wraith knew how to do it. I doubt the Ancients were oblivious to it.
                            2) Umm... what? No, we cannot control all drones. It's not like if someone sends a scud missile at me, I'm able to control it if I have a scub missile (and controls over it) of my own.
                            3) Watch the episode the thread is about before posting random stuff.
                            4) The drones are not our best chance if a puddle jumper cloak reacts to a drone. Also, we'll run out of drones eventually. And we can't make more (yet). The Ori have billions of worshippers by now. And they can just keep making more ships.

Comment

Exactly.

So A drone could/would be targeted at a jumper then...

Consider the possibility you don't have all the answers then, when there are episodes you haven't seen. The episode was aired in Canada not America anyway, I don't livein either of those countries and I've seen it.

I agree.

Comment

1) yup, so it has a shield doesn't it ?
                                Otherwise by the same argument you'd have to say that Atlantis has no shield (we've never seen them both cloak & shield the city)

2) false, but then again to bring up evidence of that being false would be to disregard what you said in 3) , so I'll abstain ftm

3) neither do I -)

4) um...yeah me too. The ori rely on their army down in the mortal plane, and above all on those ships

Comment

Working...
                                X