This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LordAnubis
    It's hard to say for sure, I know what you're saying, but in all honesty, wasn't it the Goa'uld who brought the Tollan to their planet. I forget if they ever said if the Tollan are transplants from Earth, or maybe they were part of the Ancient seeding...does anyone know?

Sorry for being pissy -- I've been sorta on edge last few days. I'm sorry aschen, please forgive me dude. I never wanted to prove anyone wrong, I just really thought I was right. In the end, the Tollan were destroyed by the Goa'uld, but I didn't think their level of advancement was that different (not by much at least).

What gets me is that Carter said the Tollan's tech was too advanced for her to retro-engineer, yet the Goa'uld retro engineered Ancient tech and so did we (or figure some of it out). Ancient tech is superior to all other tech, so if we and the Goau'ld can deceipher ancient tech, why can't we or the goa'uld decipher and retroengineer Tollan tech? Any ideas?

I have no clue about the Aschen, but i know in the one episode (spoiler)...it said that they travelled by ship, not gates, and they were confined to their star system, which sorta implied, but was not definite, that they didn't have FTL tech like the Goa'uld, that is why I was surprised that the defeated the Goa'uld in 2010. Anyone else know what I'm talking about? I don't think they had hyperdrive or FTL, but who knows? They sure had bio tech, that's for sure, so maybe Aschen bio tech wiped out the goa'uld in that episode.
    Tollan were originally taken from Earth... they are so advanced that neither the Goa'uld or Earth can backward engineer any of their technology.

Comment

First of all, Goa'uld tech? What is that? Where do you draw the line between stolen technology and Goa'uld innovations?

Ashen excels at bio tech. SGC will be long gone in 2010, with no one to spank Anubis's tooshie. If they wipe out the Goa'uld in 2010, the chances are they did it via biological weapons. When they do, they will be doing Anubis a favour. Anubis can not be killed conventional means. His spandex warriors, although dumb can be quite lethal in assassinations. I believe he will be successful in capturing key Aschen personnels, plays with their head a bit and use Aschen's own advancement in bio warfare against them. So in the end, Anubis will deliver us from the Aschen, the evil empire of accountants.

Bless his little black heart.
      Last edited by 220683; 27 July 2004, 04:17 PM.

"ARRRG! My dry cleaning bill this month is over $10,000!"

Comment

*fumbles around for words* No. No no no. The Aschen would kick their butt some how. >: /

Comment

Well, theoretically, the Aschen could bio-engineer a weapon to elliminate the Kull warriors. Now, if Anubis switched to solely electrical/mechanical beings, then there might be a bigger problem for the Aschen. We really won't know for sure though.

Comment

I don't forsee a very big problem. The human body is but a series of electrical synapses in flesh. It shouldn't be too much of a problem for me- them to change from flesh to metal and just blow the crud outta dem.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
              So far, I think capitalism is the best method of advancing tech, .
              I dunno, Russia beat us to space, and sending people. Capatilism would never have tried if not for the political warfare! Bwah hah hah, listen to my ranting! *fires Zat*
              "Everything done in weakness fails." ~Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by thirdeyeblind105
                Just something I've been thinking about lately...say we didn't start using the gate when we did, and instead waited until we were more advanced. How long would it take for us to develop technology that could defeat the goa'uld?(or atleast put up a decent defense agaisnt them) Obviously, no one really could know, but assuming we keep at our current rate and the goa'uld don't become much more advanced then they are, my guess is around 200 or 300 years. Any thoughts?
                The problem is, they did't know there were Goaulds
                "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Originally posted by spiceweasel
                  I dunno, Russia beat us to space, and sending people. Capatilism would never have tried if not for the political warfare! Bwah hah hah, listen to my ranting! *fires Zat*
                  Thats cause russia use to be taken over by gou'alds......
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Working...
                  X