This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem with Translations to russian is that I can't read them >(
    You go ahead, I'll be right behind you (In an F-302)
    And now for a completely unconnected series of random smilies:

Comment

Originally posted by EnigmaNZ
      Hmm, for 'raise shields and prepare to return fire' I got поднимите щиты, и подготовитесь возвращать огонь(пожар) from http://ets6.freetranslation.com/
      English to anything or anything to english is weird anyway as our syntax is different.
      yea

raise shields (поднимите щиты) - podnimite shiтy (woops the last word sounds dirty in english )

prepare to return fire - подготовитесь возвращать огонь is podgotovtes' vozvrashat' ogon'

пожар is when a building/car is burnuing.

Comment

i dont think a russian ship would work that well... lol

Comment

haha. Yes very funny

/sarcasm

Comment

Originally posted by Indum'kra
            I mean the US gave them the BC-303 plans, so will we get to see the Russians kicking Ha'tak ass?
            Or what about the Chinese, British and the French? Surely they all got BC-303 plans as well?
            What should these ships be called? The Deadluski?
            dont really matter when we do see them cos the makers of SG will make them look crap like russian subs pipes all over

Mckay: Size doesnt matter

Sheppard:thats a myth

I like farris wheels,college football and a good cup of tea.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks
              Spoiler:
              The US has interpreted the treaty to mean that they should share all tech procured through the stargate, apart from military tech
              I thought that we agreed to share all tech with the Russians we get from anywhere via the gate (military or otherwise)?. Then it was up to the Russians to do with as they please, whether they wanted to use the tech to build there own kind of ships. Maybe the Russians simply cannot afford to develope and build stuff like we have.
              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
              Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

It doesn't matter what we give them, the only reason we have asgard tech is because Thor was wanting to repay O'Neill for saving them. There's no way the Russians would get any of it, and it's so far advanced, we couldn't backwards engineer it. So... we might see a Russian ship the SGC ships would have a huge advantage.
                'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

The Asgard would be well aware of the recent cold war, and with the China / Taiwan problem, China versus SE Asia, they are not silly enough to hand out offensive items willy nilly. In fact it seems that has stopped altogether.

The Russian salvaged the gate from the ocean, and no doubt got some pieces of weckage from Thors ship as well. If Osiris's ship has been ignored by the US, it's a bet there's Russian salvage efforst proceeding, if it was fully equiped, then it has a lot of gluiders, alkesh, heavy transports and teltaks on board. a gold mine, especially as it was one of Anubis's ships.

A Russian ship may not have shields or beaming technoloagy, but you can image it with thicker laminated armour along with active armour to compensate, enhanced missiles, their ABMD missiles around Moscow can accelerate at 400g's, that 4Kps/s, with a Russian naquadah enhanced warhead and shield piercing tech (useful against some vessels that don't rotate their shield frequencies) along with railguns, lasers, etc the Russian ship will be quiet formidable. More battlestar like. It will be built by hand picked workers so should be fairly well built and reliable

Comment

I don't know much about Russian politics or government, but I think they would have enough domestic trouble already. The country is slowly modernizing, and there is still stuff left over from the Cold War to clean up. I can't imagine a nation with even one state in frequent trouble/rebellion being able to focus funds and work on building a reliable warship with extremely advanced technology. (Can hardly imagine the US doing that either, for that matter)

Of course, if the Russians could get a ship, they wouldn't need to complain about the old Stargate rivalry, since we took theirs a few years ago. Help the Russians build a ship, and use it to finish off that debate. Having an international fleet would take a lot of pressure off of the US for protecting the planet. Prometheus and the Russian ship could take turns on diplomacy/exploration and defense.

As for the Brits, it would make sense to either wait for the EU or NATO to solidify a little more before giving plans for a 303 to a decentralized government. Sorry, but if the US and Russia have ships, a third international ship should represent a more sizeable portion of the world, population and economy-wise.

And if anyone suggests China, I would have to say: NO. The Chinese government has just put a man in space. Give the Chinese government a warship, and one of two things would happen:
                    1) Those fancy oil reserves in Mongolia and Siberia would suddenly find new owners
                    OR 2) The space race/disclosure argument would heat up when 'China becomes the first nation to leave the solar system' headlines newspapers and the country claims superiority for being the first to build an interstellar warship.
                    Jack: I can't remember much, but I have these visions- A large man, with short sleeves and blue pants...

I think his name is...Homer, and he's very important to me...

Comment

Working...
                    X