This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
    lol i agree that everyday people wouldnt pick up on it, but not all of congress and the senate have the security clearance to know about the gate. in the past they have worked around this without congressional oversite (see "Prometheus"), but it to pay for the SGC, prometheus, daedalus, odyssey, the 302's, and all the technology inside them, they cant hide it from congress forever lol
    Ahhh, I see your point. Indeed. But I dunno, maybe the smart members of congress have been briefed about it and the "everyday intellect" equivilent congressmen are just left to prattle on endlessly with their partisan squabbles? That's about all I can figure.

And maybe the almighty Plot Device.
    Old McNeill had a base, SG SG-1. And on that base he had a Ba'al, SG SG-1. With a Ba'al, Ba'al here and a Ba'al, Ba'al there, here a Ba'al there a Ba'al, everywhere a Ba'al Ba'al. Old McNeill had a base, SG SG-1!
    [Don't ask. Please.]

Comment

Originally posted by Universal Nexus
      And maybe the almighty Plot Device.
      *whispers* shh! thats a secret

Comment

Hallowed are the Plot devices.

In the Book of Scripts it is written that When man doth see the show, if he be of intelligence he shalt question the sincerity of the Great writers on high. But if he be of faith, he shalt question not the grand design of the writers on high and their tools the Plot devices...and they shalt live in blissfull ignorance of the plot devices, but shalt revel in them and enjoy them each week without question.

Hallowed be the plot devices...

Comment

Look at any modern Russian warship, bristling with weapons, their version of the Prometheus would be much better armed with earth tech, but as the asgard would probably not play ball, would be inferior in sheilding and energy weapons. Be fitted with earth sensors, some goa'uld, naquadah enhanced nukes, rail guns, heavily armoured in lieu of sheilds, ring transporters only, fighters, shuttles, etc

Comment

Originally posted by Beal
            Colonel Commie (Sorry, I can't remember the russian guys name) said in the season 7 clip show that once the US worked the kinks out of the 303s design, they'd start building their own at half the price.
            Yeah, I was just gonna point that out. I thought it was earlier than season 7 though?

Anyway, the Russians are most likely waiting to get the Daedelus's plans....either that or they already have their own ship.... Either way it would be cool to see the fleet of a united Earth kick ass.
            The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
            The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
            Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
            Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
            An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
            Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

With the recent(and not so recent) news about Russian subs getting stuck on the bottom of the ocean... I'm not to eager to see a Russian ship. Infact, I would pray for the souls on that ship. They could lose pressure and the ship would fall apart from the inside out... or get stuck at the bottom of a Hyperspace tunnel...

Either way, all of the examples of Russian technology I have seen/heard about, I wouldn't volunteer to be on one of those ships.

P.S. I know ships can't really get stuck at the bottom of a hyperspace tunnel... thats a joke for all you slugs out there.

Comment

ROFL.....well a Russian ship wouldn't be that reliable but it would be interesting to think they had built one.....not told the US.....launched it and had it in orbit above earth.....and then the SGC go to destroy it.
                The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
                The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
                Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
                All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
                Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
                An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
                Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

I doubt the russians can afford to build daedalus-class ships
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

Why quasimjavid couldnt they.The military is very well funded and everything is still very secretive.Their people would be less likely to find out about it than the american people.And while i dont think theyll build daedulas class ships.More prommies cause their cheaper, smaller,easier to mantain.
                    Also i reckon the asgard gave america technology to build their own sheilds,hyperdrives,sensors etc.Because im sure Thor couldnt be bothered to constantly fly from otthala(or whereever their homeworld is) to earth.
                    Rimmer: "What's this? Learning drugs? They're illegal, matey! Where did you get them? I'm afraid you're in very serious, grave, deep trouble, Lister. Where did you get them? I want names, I want places, I want dates."
                    Lister: "Arnold Rimmer, his locker, this morning."
                    - Rimmer and Lister, Balance of Power from Red Dwarf

Ambassador: I hate you English. With your boring trousers and your shiny toilet paper and your ridiculous preconceptions that Frenchmen are great lovers. I'm French and I'm hung like a baby carrot and a couple of petits pois.
                    - Nob and Nobility from Blackadder

Comment

Russian ship

Class - modified Prometheus

Admiral (insert name)

Length - 300m

Construction - due to the unavailabilty of trinium and naquadah, the ship is constructed of titanium / ceramic / boron laminate, with an internal kelvar anti spalling layer, and replacable reactive outer panels. The thickness varies from 0.5 meters, to 1 meter over important areas. The frame is titanium.

Power - naquadah main generator plus backups.

Propulsion - hyperspace window generator with 100Ly range, 30 minute cool down required between jumps. Maximum velocity 10C.

Propulsion - sublight and planetary travel using ion engines and inertial dampeners. Anti-grav system for planetry landings and takeoffs. Maximum sublight velocity 50,000 Kps.

Shields - none at this time.

Sensors - earth / goa'uld. LADAR, phased radar, radio and optical telescopes, goa'uld to level of a tel'tak.

Transporters - goa'uld ring type.

Communication - earth laser / radio frequency incrypted.

Cloak - none at this time.

Weapons - railguns; heavy dual 1 meter spinal rail cannon, naquadah enhanced nuclear rounds, velocity 25 Kps, yeild 1 Gt, 4 rpm per gun, 100 rounds. Medium; 5 x 100 mm rapid fire turreted RG, naquadah enhanced mirco-nuke rounds, velocity 5 Kps, yield 150 Kt, 40 rpm, 1000 rounds per gun. CIWS, 10 x 20 mm gatling type RG, DU shells, velocity 5 Kps, 3500 rpm, 15,000 rounds per gun. DEW; 5 glider type cannon in CIWS mounts. 2 Alkesh type cannon in dorsal and ventral mounts. Missiles; 24 large vls silos, 24 missiles, advanced chemical propulsion, secure uplink, manuevuring, naquadah enhanced warhead, yield 1 Gt, max velocity 50,000 Kph, passive and active homing. 96 medium vls, 96 missiles plus 96 reloads, advanced chemical propulsion, secure uplink, high G manuevuring, naquadah enhanced warhead, yield 150 Kt, max velocity 15,000 Kph, passive and active homing. 10 BPDS systems attached to CIWS, 8 missiles per system, 800 reloads, advanced chemical propulsion, secure uplink, high G manuevuring, shaped charge warhead, max velocity 5,000 Kph, passive and active homing.

Fighters - 8 x F-302R, space modified advanced fighter sensors and radar, short endurance rocket, aerospike / jet propulsion, short takeoff in gravity well, center and wing hardpoints, wingroot mounted 20 mm RG, 1200 rpm, 500 rounds.

Other - fully equiped trauma unit with recovery beds, 2 multi purpose labs, VIP quarters. Platoon sized permanent assault unit, light weapons and ground vehicles.

Comment

Interesting..
                        I would also like to see a russian ship purely so that I can hear 'raise shields and prepare to return fire' in russian
                        Hey, if you'd been listening, you'd know that Nintendo's pass through everything.

Comment

Since the x-303's use Asgard technology it would seem as if the Russians would have to get it from the Asgard. And the asgard seem reluctant to get involved with anyone besides the SGC. Its probably more likley that they have Russian and people from other countries on a ship that under a US commander like atlantis. I don't think the SGC still gives all alien tech to the other countries.

Comment

Originally posted by drronin112
                            "Экраны Повышения" Is "Raise Shields" in Russian according to The babelfish. However you pronounce that...I haven't a clue.

But if you want to run all kinds of things through the translator, just search for babelfish and go to the Alta Vista babelfish site. It's fun.
                            or you could just ask me

and Qasim, stop saying that we can't afford anything BIG. I hate it when people say that we are poor when the only thing they've seen are pictures of poor people who are just as poor as any American could be.

Comment

Well Please Kind Sir...How is it pronounced? Unfortunatly the Local schools don't really offer Russian as a Foreign language otherwise I could learn on my own.

And yeah...I think it's kind of horrible that everyone assumes that Russia is this huge poverty stricken Bolshivik state still. But Sterotypes unfortunatly linger and cold-war propoganda is what most of us grew up with.

Comment

Russia is so resouce rich that once they modernise they will be, or could be, as wealthy as the US easily, a slightly lower per capita income is offsett by the larger population.

Comment

Working...
                                X