• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i though they only gave them the f-302

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorgerheaus
      Well if Earth wants a protective fleet I imagine all the countries who have been disclosed would chip in and build a few ships.

I keep spelling the Deadalus's name wrong....
      You go ahead, I'll be right behind you (In an F-302)
      And now for a completely unconnected series of random smilies:

Comment

Spoiler:
        The US has interpreted the treaty to mean that they should share all tech procured through the stargate, apart from military tech

Comment

I hope we will. How do you say raise sheilds in Russian? lol
          I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

"Экраны Повышения" Is "Raise Shields" in Russian according to The babelfish. However you pronounce that...I haven't a clue.

But if you want to run all kinds of things through the translator, just search for babelfish and go to the Alta Vista babelfish site. It's fun.

Comment

lol i don't think we'd be seeing a russian ship considering how Stargate is mainly in ENGLISH
              Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

That and realistically, the Russian Federation would have nowhere near the funds required to build or maintain such a craft. Frankly i am suprised the 3 ships the SGC has haven't devoured the gateverse US economy. Just imagining the cost of constructing such craft makes me weep for all that lost imaginary money. When you factor in the costs of not only training the crew, training the scientists and engineers responsible for interfacing the non-human technology, cost of raw materials for the ship, learning how to actually create a spaceworthy craft (for the first time) from all these materials, and then trying to keep it all secret... The cost would be immesurable.

A UN style international co-op to build a few would be more believable, if harder to keep secret.

Comment

bring on the british cruiser i say, I think international ship are not that far off.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorgerheaus
                    it is established in both "Redemption" and "Disclosure" that they got the 303 plans.

as to whether we'll see a Russian ship, i think we will. i know the pessimists will say the Russians cant afford it, but i think that the Russian military, both real and the gateverse one, has demonstrated that they are more than willing to spend every penny they have putting together poorly built military technology, even if their country is starving. so i think we'll see one, it probably wont work as good as the US ones though lol.

also i think the US probably can afford to make the ships. its similiar on a cost scale to building an aircraft carrier, but one big difference that would reduce the cost of building a 302, 303 or Daedalus-class ship is the material cost. when the navy hires outside construction companies to build naval vessels, the materials price is included, which the construction company then buys from a supplier. in the case of these ships however, there is a much smaller materials cost. while it does cost the air force to mine, process, and refine trinium and naquadah, there is no middle man taking out profit. and for all we know, air force engineers may be doing all the assembly so there might not be any construction fees either. i think the bigger question is why hasnt anyone noticed yet? while the price may be feasiblie, someone has got to be noticing that the defense budget has jumped billions of dollars

Comment

I read somewhere that actually other countries had chipped in funds for the bc-303s so maybe well see brits onboard lol.But because america has most knowledge of alien technology .They are in charge of the ships and the also they did most of the funding.
                      I expect this chipping in was to get knowledge of the ships technology, so they can buld their own.
                      Rimmer: "What's this? Learning drugs? They're illegal, matey! Where did you get them? I'm afraid you're in very serious, grave, deep trouble, Lister. Where did you get them? I want names, I want places, I want dates."
                      Lister: "Arnold Rimmer, his locker, this morning."
                      - Rimmer and Lister, Balance of Power from Red Dwarf

Ambassador: I hate you English. With your boring trousers and your shiny toilet paper and your ridiculous preconceptions that Frenchmen are great lovers. I'm French and I'm hung like a baby carrot and a couple of petits pois.
                      - Nob and Nobility from Blackadder

Comment

There might be one which is made an international ship with an international crew but I'm not so sure that each of the involved countries will design, build and finance their own individual ships.
                        //

O'Neill: Phasers?
                        Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
                          i think the bigger question is why hasnt anyone noticed yet? while the price may be feasiblie, someone has got to be noticing that the defense budget has jumped billions of dollars
                          I can't speak for the entire US, but here where I am the "average" person doesn't really pay attention to the government budget and the people that do almost always look at it in a partisan way. The people that would truly, neutrally wonder where the money was going would probably be called conspiracy theorists for it. Or be dragged away in the middle of the night by the Men In Black.

Anyway, that's just here. Not sure about the rest of the country, though.

PS: I'd love to see a Russian ship! One designed by them, preferably. I'd like to see what sorts of design differences there would be between the US and Russian ones.
                          Old McNeill had a base, SG SG-1. And on that base he had a Ba'al, SG SG-1. With a Ba'al, Ba'al here and a Ba'al, Ba'al there, here a Ba'al there a Ba'al, everywhere a Ba'al Ba'al. Old McNeill had a base, SG SG-1!
                          [Don't ask. Please.]

Comment

Originally posted by Universal Nexus
                            I can't speak for the entire US, but here where I am the "average" person doesn't really pay attention to the government budget and the people that do almost always look at it in a partisan way. The people that would truly, neutrally wonder where the money was going would probably be called conspiracy theorists for it. Or be dragged away in the middle of the night by the Men In Black.

Anyway, that's just here. Not sure about the rest of the country, though.

PS: I'd love to see a Russian ship! One designed by them, preferably. I'd like to see what sorts of design differences there would be between the US and Russian ones.
                            lol i agree that everyday people wouldnt pick up on it, but not all of congress and the senate have the security clearance to know about the gate. in the past they have worked around this without congressional oversite (see "Prometheus"), but it to pay for the SGC, prometheus, daedalus, odyssey, the 302's, and all the technology inside them, they cant hide it from congress forever lol

Comment

This would be a great scene, a space battle Orii vs Human, A fleet of 303's from nations all over the world, each with its squadrons of 302's now that would be mind blowing.
                              My Blog - - Raise The Fist

Comment

Colonel Commie (Sorry, I can't remember the russian guys name) said in the season 7 clip show that once the US worked the kinks out of the 303s design, they'd start building their own at half the price.

Comment

Working...
                                X