Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because asguard beaming tech cannot penertrate shields.

Comment

Originally posted by lethalfang
      Only after we managed to sneak in with their own fighter that crashed 50 years ago.
      It'll be interesting. Both ships have good shields.
      Forget about the fighters. Their firepower is like miniscule firecrackers comparing to the main guns of the ships.
      Not to mention that we'd have to come up with the fact that we can take it out using an Apple computer.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
        Not to mention that we'd have to come up with the fact that we can take it out using an Apple computer.
        You also need a little thing like one of their fighters to get the computer into their ship.
        Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

All of the tactics that they used in the movie aside do you think that we could destroy one... not the mothership not twenty-five of them just one with all of Daedalus's firepower(aside from beaming nukes onboaed) directed against it.

Comment

what everyone is forgetting is that missles aren't designed to penetrate shields, neither are energy weapons, they're designed to drain the power eventually disabling them, depending on the power source of the City destroyer.

For example in "Within the Serpent's Grasp" if we hit the ship with maybe 15 nukes one after the other maybe we could of brought down the shields, I mean the one nuke did cause the ship to shake.

Though a city destroyer is much bigger then that and there technology seems beyond that of the Goa'uld, so it's really impossible to know how much firepower it would take to get past the shields??
            A tollan ion cannon

Comment

If the aliens are using OS X, all we have to do is try to give them any new game that's not on the Mac (that being virtually all of them), and they'll just stand in confusion when their computer systems don't recognize the format.

Then we attack!

Comment

Originally posted by Dromag67
                Have an asgard on the ship beam a nuke on there and watch the fireworks.

Without an asgard we would get owned without a ZPM to power the shields.
                I would imagine that the shield on the city destroyer would protect it from beaming.

Also dont forget that ID4 invader fighters tend to have fighters while almost no race in SG has actual shields for combat on their fighters.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by AnotherEvilAlien
                  If the aliens are using OS X, all we have to do is try to give them any new game that's not on the Mac (that being virtually all of them), and they'll just stand in confusion when their computer systems don't recognize the format.

Then we attack!
                  Hooray for uneducated Mac bashing!

Comment

Originally posted by rainbow unicorn
                    Hooray for uneducated Mac bashing!
                    Awww. Another Mac fan that can't handle the unabridged truth. Nothing uneducated there except for fanboyism.

Don't worry though, I was only joking.

Comment

Originally posted by AnotherEvilAlien
                      Awww. Another Mac fan that can't handle the unabridged truth. Nothing uneducated there except for fanboyism.

Don't worry though, I was only joking.
                      First of all, how is simply pointing out the error of making blanket statements without facts 'fanboyism?' Every single game I've wanted to play is available on Mac. Civilization? Check. Tetris? Check. World of Warcraft? Check. Baldur's Gate? Check. Plus on top of all of that, with the whole Intel dealy, we can boot your precious OS and run whatever we want!

Secondly, go make a thread about this Mac vs PC bs if you want. I don't really think this thread was meant for this.

EDIT: Wow, you are awesome. Rather than take up another post spot, I thought I'd just edit this. I like how you just totally ignored the part where I proved you were wrong and I can run windows itself, let alone all the games that ARE windows exclusive. Also, nice try on trying to make yourself look like the good guy. You do realize I already told you to take this somewhere else.
                      Last edited by rainbow unicorn; 31 July 2006, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rainbow unicorn
                        First of all, how is simply pointing out the error of making blanket statements without facts 'fanboyism?'
                        ...Um, because it's the truth?

Every single game I've wanted to play
                        I think your argument ended before it began.

If you wish to continue this, PM me. I don't want to derail this thread.

Comment

i'd go with the daudeless it should do the tactic fomr no mans land..
                          Spoiler:
                          fire all nukes at once

myab save one for when the shields go down...the only reason apophesis ship withstood the nuke was because the nuke hit the shields and didn't detonate....i've got another question the city destroyer or a wraith hiveship???my moneys on the hive ship
                          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

A city destroyer would stand no chance against a Mark IX... which is a planet destroyer/gatebuster.

Comment

The City Destroyer is alone?

Then it doesn't have shields. The shields were granted by the main worldship.

The shields only resisted to a low kiloton warhead.

We're far from the megaton and gigaton warheads that can be fired by the Daedalus.

Not to say that without shields, the Daedalus will be able to beam nukes anywhere it wants.

That is, assuming the shield will act like Stargate shields and block beaming.

And nukes can still be beamed next to the shield... if there is a shield.

The alien fighters will be a mere nuisance. Their firepower is just pityful. Daedalus class ships can repel up to several gigatons of firepower with their shields as a bare minimum.

A City Destroyer has no point defense cannons, no real anti capship cannon, and its sole main cannon is completely useless in that case.

Daedalus, easy.
                              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Working...
                              X