Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem with judging this is that from the movie a city destroyer has only one realy gun with not even that impressive firepower and a way long pre firing phase. Nor do we know the range of that gun at all.

Which leaves us the shields, they also can't be quantified much, just that they withstood a small nuke, IIRC 100KT in the movie.

The fighters will mostlyly be a serious problem, and can take down the f-302 and maybe even the deadlus, since they have shields, are pretty fast as well and are a real mass of them, hundrets.

But in the end the deadlus would most likely win after firing naquada nukes at the city destroyer. And since the aliens ignored the human missle with the nuke in the movie, maybe they would ignore a deadlus missle as well and get caught off guard by the enhanced detonation. Otherwise a missile barrage should do be able to get at least one past the fighter screen of the city destroyer.
    If that fails, there is still the beaming.

Comment

Originally posted by newtrekker
      But the Daedalus originally only had 8 F-302's.
      Someone asked Joe about this and he said the Daedalus has about 16-20 F302's.

Best Stargate quote:
      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
      Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Auralis
        If that fails, there is still the beaming.
        You can't beam through shields (as stated in "Off the Grid").

Comment

In this case, beaming against the shield is fine, i meaned it to get the naq nukes past the fighter screen.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
            Someone asked Joe about this and he said the Daedalus has about 16-20 F302's.
            It can carry 16-20 F302's but in the beginning of season 2, it only had 8.
            Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
            Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

Uhm the ID4 mothership actually had other weapons, smaller pulse weapons one of which was used to destroy a helicopter. Its fair to say that they would have more of those scattered across the ship.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

tbh we neva really saw wot the city destroyer culd do, yer it took out one city but we didn't see if it had other weapons or anythin, I think tho the deddy wuldn't stand a chance, i doubt a ha'tak culd stand upto one of those things.

Comment

Wasn't the City Destroyer based off of the design of the Goa'uld mothership from the Stargate movie? I've heard rumors that Independence Day was actually the last remnants of the script for a Stargate movie, thoroughly apple-cored and with all Stargate references removed.

Comment

Originally posted by Scyld
                    Wasn't the City Destroyer based off of the design of the Goa'uld mothership from the Stargate movie? I've heard rumors that Independence Day was actually the last remnants of the script for a Stargate movie, thoroughly apple-cored and with all Stargate references removed.
                    Yeah, ID4 was supposed to be the Sequal to Stargate, I think Roland Emmerich said something about it (in the Commentary) of The Day After Tomorrow (I think) or something like that.

And Its quite Easy to see some sort of parrallel between the two.

Comment

The ID4 is a different class of ship (too huge), unless I'm forgetting my daedalus specs.
                      Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                      The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                      I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                      A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                      That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                      Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                      Caboose: They could be worse?
                      Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit
                        tbh we neva really saw wot the city destroyer culd do, yer it took out one city but we didn't see if it had other weapons or anythin, I think tho the deddy wuldn't stand a chance, i doubt a ha'tak culd stand upto one of those things.
                        we did see the ID4 destroyer had other weaopns then just it's primary weapons

Remember when we sent the helicopers up in the beginning of the movie, and 3 energy bursts shot out of the ****, destroying the heli's. I'm sure that huge ship must have hundreds of those but why use them on a species that can't penetrate there shields

yea it does seem exactly like a Goa'uld mother ship
                        A goauld mother ship has a primary weapon that could obliderate cities (Full circle, There but for by the grace of god) and regular energy weapons

Comment

Umm as much as I love Stargate the ID4 City Destroyers are AS BIG AS CITYS THEMSELVES. How on Earth would they damage it enough to beat it? If the shields are even remotely as powerful as a Goa'uld Mothership's its size would severly limit what damage even a Naquadria enhanced nuke would do. Plus based on what was shown in Independence Day the alien mothership (A ship1/4th the size of the moon!) carries the things so even if they got lucky and took out a City Destroyer more would come AND theres a Death Star of a ship nearby! ...I scared myself
                          sigpic
                          I am Zim, Irken Invader Zim. I am responsible for the safe obliteration of the human race, not you!' - Zim - Invader Zim
                          'Don't worry, officer. You are in a filthy Earth brain hospital. Your feelings are normal. There's a squid brain in your head! ' - Zim - Invader Zim
                          'Now, to unleash screaming temporal doom! ' - Zim -Invader Zim

Comment

A naquadria enhanced nuke can level cities. Even naquadah-enhanced nukes are over 1000 Megatons - 20x more powerful as the Tzar Bomba.

Comment

The only reason in ID4 that the earth won, was we recovered a lost ship in Roswell. We fixed it and were to able fly into the mother ship,( which is a quarter
                              size of earth's moon.) undectected. And yes it carries many 15 miles in diameter, city destroyers......

The weakness? The ship's had a highly centralized command and control, all connected by main data base that apparenty provides constant
                              online information. That is why it was so easy to download a computer virus and disable all the shields....once mothership was infiltrated. A fluke.

And maybe arrogance in their sense of security in their technological advantage. The ships appeared to be (like the Death Star) built for a full on battle fleet assault.......and again overlooked the small defenses....
                              Last edited by dec55; 02 March 2006, 07:02 AM.
                              Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Deadalus has a nasty habit of beaming nukes all over the place. So why not try the same with the Id4 city destroyer?

Comment

Working...
                                X