Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here you go, as promised, a few concept drawings of the original staragte design for the movie. The first showing the triangular gate in the scene where it is to be raised from the ground as we all know from the moive, through to the one we know and love!

O'Neill-
    "How long have you been waiting there?"

"You said half-an-hour, an hour ago"
    "General Hammond's waiting"
    "S'cuse me..."
    "The fate of the world is hanging in the balance and you've been sitting in your truck finishing this?"...
    "I believe it was double or nothing"...
    "OK 23-across, the atomic weight of Boron - The answer is TEN"...
    "Yes?"...
    "You wrote the word FAT"

Comment

Originally posted by user_4574
      Here you go, as promised, a few concept drawings of the original staragte design for the movie. The first showing the triangular gate in the scene where it is to be raised from the ground as we all know from the moive, through to the one we know and love!

Thank you for digging that up, I'll give you green!
      Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

i think its a circle because all other shapes have corners, and corners are weak spots, spots where pressure builds up. circles arethe most logical design

Comment

Originally posted by Seastallion
          With a DHD the stargate doesn't need to spin the inner track to dial an address. That is why it has an inner rotating ring.
          The inner ring of Earth's gate still span when dialled with a Puddle Jumper DHD (although I wish it didn't) in Moebius.

Comment

I think the major reason is it would look weird having a square gate (therefore design purposes), but I think it is also because wormholes are considered to have a round shape. However, again I think most show related things are based on what looks best.
            My name comes from a Greek word that means a supernatural being halfway between a god and a human being (but not a demi-god). Though I am also the master of magic. Therefore... Stargate rules!!!

Comment

Working...
            X