This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and think square puddlejumper would look crap
    Last edited by mrX225; 28 February 2006, 01:42 AM.

Comment

It's a circle so when you spin an Atlantis gate in space, you're hypnotized.
      Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
      The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
      I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
      A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
      That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
      Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
      Caboose: They could be worse?
      Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

The Stargate looks cool as a circle. The sun is a circle, the moon is a circle, planets. Why would it be anything else?

Plus. theorieticly wormholes are circular...
        Wormhole
        "When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro."-Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Baltar for President.

Comment

The real reason why the stargate is not a square is because to dial a square you'd be a square

Comment

(Pi)r^2?

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
              They'd still say "Dial the Gate" if it were a cube or other shape. If it were a tetrahedron, it'd still be a Stargate.

When was the last time you heard them say "dial the circle" or "dial the ring?"
              well some civilizations call the gate the ring or cirle so it would be weird to hear "they came from the square"

Comment

Originally posted by Tealcfan
                well some civilizations call the gate the ring or cirle so it would be weird to hear "they came from the square"
                How would that be any more unusual?

Comment

I'll go with this, the Ori created the first Stargate.

Comment

Pft....... Ori fanboi.

The first Stargate was created by Bill Gates.

Well, not really... but he stole the idea from the Ori and beat them to market.

Comment

the reason the stargate is circular might have something to do with the fact that the wormhole is uses has to be round and therefore so does the gate...just a thought... and besides it looks good as a circle
                      tokra operative with sg-6 !!!
                      yep a tokra on a sg team who wulda thunk??
                      Character Name:Tok'ra-ragnor

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
                        How would that be any more unusual?
                        well gaters being used to hearing gate and circle it would weird (lol what a lame excuse!! )

Comment

The stargate represents the great circle of life(yeah they watched that movie too).

Comment

(Pi)r^2!

Comment

According to the original movie and plans drew up as sketches for the original design, the stargate was originally going to be triangular shaped. I kid you not! I shall post an image if I get the chance.
                              Boggles the mind doesn't it!!

O'Neill-
                              "How long have you been waiting there?"

"You said half-an-hour, an hour ago"
                              "General Hammond's waiting"
                              "S'cuse me..."
                              "The fate of the world is hanging in the balance and you've been sitting in your truck finishing this?"...
                              "I believe it was double or nothing"...
                              "OK 23-across, the atomic weight of Boron - The answer is TEN"...
                              "Yes?"...
                              "You wrote the word FAT"

Comment

If anything, it should have been star-shaped! Get it, it's a gate that's starshaped, stargate? (You know, like the gateship1 quote when they find the puddle jumpers).

Originally posted by user 4574
                                According to the original movie and plans drew up as sketches for the original design, the stargate was originally going to be triangular shaped. I kid you not! I shall post an image if I get the chance.
                                Boggles the mind doesn't it!!
                                I can't even imagine that! That would be harder to fit things through.
                                Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

Working...
                                X