Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Earth tech suck, when it shouldn't?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zamboni
    Oh and make sure the sound fx for the cannon is a recording of O'Neil saying "WHO'S YO DADDY!!!" (of course there's no sound in space so a simultaneous radio transmission would be broadcasted to taunt the enemy).
    that is awesome lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

If it were up to me Earth shouldnt have any ships at all. The name of the show is Stargate SG1 and how many times do we even see the use of the stargate in the opening eposides of season9? only a handfull. I mean we could have spinoffs about that bloody quantum mirror they found. I wonder what they would call the show then? quantum mirror QM1? they need to get rid of all this advanced weaponary that earth is apparently being able to build. We have a very limited understanding of the universe and should therefore only be able to use the stuff laying around, like ancient outpost and dakara weapon. If we start buidling spaceguns and other stuff what would be the point? we could just annihilate the galaxy and the show would be over. I like the SG teams to struggle to get to their desitnation, not to hava a walk in the park conquering the galaxy.
      Xtremixt

All was shattered, and all but memory lost, and one memory above all others, of him who brought the shadow and the breaking of the world. And him they named Dragon.

Comment

Yes lets keep using our nice railguns that barely scratch a ha'tak
        Now would you kindly get out of your god's face.

Comment

we have destroyed two ha'taks before without using any space guns. Im not saying we shouldnt use weapons to protect ourselves im just saying that we shouldnt have ships. we have star trek for ships, and BSG. Lets stick to the gate .
          Xtremixt

All was shattered, and all but memory lost, and one memory above all others, of him who brought the shadow and the breaking of the world. And him they named Dragon.

Comment

Originally posted by xtremixt
            we have destroyed two ha'taks before without using any space guns. Im not saying we shouldnt use weapons to protect ourselves im just saying that we shouldnt have ships. we have star trek for ships, and BSG. Lets stick to the gate .
            Well that was probably the original concept of the writers. However they basically planned to have season 7 as the last season but SG1 got picked up year after year. So what originally were climatic plot devices are now being used as regular prop.

They can't really undo the story since we beat all the super bad goa'ulds (even Anubis) and now it'd be impossible to deal with the Ori without ships.

The only way to salvage the situation is to give the earth ships tiny pea shooters, but that still seems some what silly since they've got transporters and shields and hyperspace that can reach another galaxy (that's beyond ST, and SW movies).

So maybe, just maybe, one ship should get a cannon that is at the very least, able to do actual damage. As opposed to say, missiles and rail guns that do as much damage as insults from McKay.

Comment

Space guns ?

Comment

What the earth really needs is to use some good Strategery. Or just send Cheney

Comment

i just got the episode Average 2.0 and i have to say this....ITS ALL O'NEIL's fault!!!! IF HE DIDN'T TOUCH THE END OF THE LASER IT WOULD HAVE WORKED . Thats all i had to say. This episode was in season 7 right, u would think tht they have perfected it by now.

Comment

Originally posted by TsukuYomi
                    What the earth really needs is to use some good Strategery. Or just send Cheney
                    What's he gonna do? Shoot every Ori in the face?

Comment

do u think they'll ever going to get tht laser thing working and pu them on the dadleus and Odsessy ??? and wht happened to tht Alkesh ???

Comment

This is an older thread, but a lot of it still is current. Quite a few have said tht if we get directed energy weapons, we will own the galaxy and the show would be boring. Well, in other scifi shows, like starwars, battlestar g, babylon 5, star trek, etc, the sides all have DE weapons, missiles, etc and battle scenes are climatic and exciting. The gou'ld beat the tollen who had more advanced weapons than us, they beat the race that Harry? came from, etc. Instead of keeping us weak as a plot device, allow us to reverse engineer other races weapons, hell we had a gou'ld scentist for a period, and simply strenghten our enemies to keep us inferior. But it looks like poor writting to have us with so much advanced tech which sam and rodney can get their head around, but to lag in weapons. The prometheus should have had a ha'tak main cannon in the nose, the 304 should have 2 ha'tak main cannons in turrets on the flatdeck fore and alf, 2 more on the bottoms of the hangers each side, and a pair fixed in the nose. If there is a zpm on board all can be fired together, if not, power is shared allowing 1 or 2 to be firing together.

As for missiles, open a small hyperspacial corridor with the ships window generator with the exit on the other side of a capital ships shield and fire your missiles through it. No need for them to carry their own hyperdrive. Protect the missiles with gou'ld personal shields from light cannon, etc.

Comment

We need something a bit more substantial than those pathetic railguns
                          sigpic

Comment

earth has just started exploring space and their current technology is very low compared to all the other ships

when they first started the prommie didnt even have shields and was working on a goauld alkesh hyperdrive
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi View Post
                              Or they could just use my Ogre Slaying Knife.

It has a +9 against Ogres.
                              Or, they could fire a magic missile.

At the darkness.
                              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi View Post
                                Or they could just use my Ogre Slaying Knife.

It has a +9 against Ogres.

You're not in the room with them!

You're at the bar!

Comment

Working...
                                X