X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes that list pretty good.
    however.

We have as of now, no clue how powerfull a Aurora or an Ori warship are.
    So placing them is pure speculation.
    furhtr i would place the O'Neil above the anubis modded Ha'Taks.

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
      AND. That gate is the only one that can dial Earth. TPTB says so and so it shall be. And when McKay took the crystal they didn't dial Earth. They thought they did, but they didn't
      As pointed out by AscendedWarrior it is not the gate merely the control crystal in the DHD which allows the Atlantis Gate to Dial another Galaxy, McKay says it himself. Once you have the control crystal & a sufficient power source any gate in the Pegasus galaxy could dial earth.

So, Atlantis is the only ship that can dial eight chevrons that we know of. The gate is in the city, the city is the ship, therefore the ship can dial.
      For example; We have Asgard beaming tach. aboard the big D. We can take it all off the ship and then we don't have it. But we won't.
      This makes no sense, please read it before posting. 'the gate is in the city, the city is the ship, therefore the ship can dial' ........ No. The City has a gate in it, it merely carries it, therefore its still only the gate that can dial, not the ship!

My List:

Replicator enhanced ships: Enhanced Asgard Technology, only stopped by the Dakarra superweapon

Asgard O'neill class warship: State of the Art Asgard Warship. Safe to Assume its top notch.

Anubis' Enhanced ships/Asgard Beliskner class: Equals in terms of weapons/Sheilds. Ancient inspired for the Go'auld.

Hive ships: Powerfull weapons, no sheilds so at a disadvantage to Go'auld/Asgard/Ancient vessels.

Standard Ha'taks: Basic Sheilds and Energy weapons, powerfull Ships in all.

DJ Asgard class:The Daniel Jackson was a science vessel, but its safe to assume it had asgard weapons & sheilds to protect itself so its ahead of Human vessels.

Daedalus class cruisers: Base level Asgard sheilding, weak weaponry limited by Ammunition capacity.

Prometheus: Same as above except weaker hull constuction.

Wraith cruisers: Powerfull weapons, but no small fighters or sheilds. Small mass.

Al'kesh: Unsure if they have sheilds but weapons enough to take on Ha'Taks.

Darts: Small/Fast Fighters, highly Agile. Reasonably armed.

Gliders: Same as above but not as Agile.

302's: Small/Fast, limited ammunition.

I've only included actual ships we have seen in action to an extent we can gauge their power. In the Case of the O'Neil Class, we take this to be Superior than the Beliskner class as stated in the series.

I've put Anubis' enhanced ships above the wraith because they have sheilding
      on par with what the Ancients had and the Asgard now have, also weapons nearly on par(Thor says so).

Comment

Nero, i think that list nails it.

Comment

Cannot wait to see the Orion in action! Woot!

Comment

Originally posted by Auralis
            Nero, i think that list nails it.
            Success!!

Cannot wait to see the Orion in action! Woot!
            Neither can I, however got a sneaky feeling we will see it in action once then something will happen wheres its either crippled or destroyed. No way the writers would leave the ship with the team. It'd just be the end of the series. It's Laughable how well we do against the so called "advanced" races at the moment without this powerfully armed/armoured ship.
            Last edited by Nero; 03 February 2006, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nero
              As pointed out by AscendedWarrior it is not the gate merely the control crystal in the DHD which allows the Atlantis Gate to Dial another Galaxy, McKay says it himself. Once you have the control crystal & a sufficient power source any gate in the Pegasus galaxy could dial earth.

This makes no sense, please read it before posting. 'the gate is in the city, the city is the ship, therefore the ship can dial' ........ No. The City has a gate in it, it merely carries it, therefore its still only the gate that can dial, not the ship!

My List:

Replicator enhanced ships: Enhanced Asgard Technology, only stopped by the Dakarra superweapon

Asgard O'neill class warship: State of the Art Asgard Warship. Safe to Assume its top notch.

Anubis' Enhanced ships/Asgard Beliskner class: Equals in terms of weapons/Sheilds. Ancient inspired for the Go'auld.

Hive ships: Powerfull weapons, no sheilds so at a disadvantage to Go'auld/Asgard/Ancient vessels.

Standard Ha'taks: Basic Sheilds and Energy weapons, powerfull Ships in all.

DJ Asgard class:The Daniel Jackson was a science vessel, but its safe to assume it had asgard weapons & sheilds to protect itself so its ahead of Human vessels.

Daedalus class cruisers: Base level Asgard sheilding, weak weaponry limited by Ammunition capacity.

Prometheus: Same as above except weaker hull constuction.

Wraith cruisers: Powerfull weapons, but no small fighters or sheilds. Small mass.

Al'kesh: Unsure if they have sheilds but weapons enough to take on Ha'Taks.

Darts: Small/Fast Fighters, highly Agile. Reasonably armed.

Gliders: Same as above but not as Agile.

302's: Small/Fast, limited ammunition.

I've only included actual ships we have seen in action to an extent we can gauge their power. In the Case of the O'Neil Class, we take this to be Superior than the Beliskner class as stated in the series.

I've put Anubis' enhanced ships above the wraith because they have sheilding
              on par with what the Ancients had and the Asgard now have, also weapons nearly on par(Thor says so).
              You forgot Atlanstis.

The Replicator Enhanced ships; Fifths was stoped by a Satalite.
              *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
              *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
              *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
              *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
              *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
              *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
              *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

You forgot Atlanstis.
                If your refering to Atlantis(one 'S'), no I didn't. I refer you to one second last Paragraph in the post you quoted. for your reading convenience I reposted it below...take a look...

I've only included actual ships we have seen in action to an extent we can gauge their power.
                We have seen Atlantis fire 12 drones, hardly a spectacular Achievement. 2 Drones only Moderatly damaged a Wraith Cruiser, we don't know how many Drones Atlantis actually carries so untill we find out for sure i'm drawing on established facts in the series, not speculation.

The Replicator Enhanced ships; Fifths was stoped by a Satalite.
                Untill they developed a Cypher and became immune to it, at which time they could only be stopped by the Dakarra superweapon. Do you watch Stargate at all?
                Last edited by Nero; 03 February 2006, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Auralis
                  Yes that list pretty good.
                  however.

We have as of now, no clue how powerfull a Aurora or an Ori warship are.
                  So placing them is pure speculation.
                  furhtr i would place the O'Neil above the anubis modded Ha'Taks.
                  You do, simply we know that the Ancient warships were more powerul than Hive ships on a 1 vs 1 basis.

That coupled with the fact that they are fully loaded with Drones. Then that alone, like as seen in Antartica could wipe out over 30 ships, most of which were upgraded with Ancient knowledge & stolen Asgard tech. That to me, pretty much proves that it can take out anything that it comes up against in a straight fight.

The Ori ships, may not be seen until S10. However they were created by a bunch of Ascended beings, look how much they upgraded their priors along the evolutionary path. Imagine what their ships will be like, pretty much the same. However we all know in the end that Ancient tech will be the key to defeating them. So that's why I placed the Aurora above them, that & the fact that they'll use the reason that it cannot come to the MW because it doesn't have Intergalactic Drives by default. So would take far, too long to gewt here unless it gets Asgard upgrades or they can figure out the Ancient upgrades that was being done on 'Aurora'.

They weren't equal though, Thor's Beliskner class ship was ripper apart thanks to an Anubis enhanced ship that was controlled by Osiris.

Even an O'neill class one can't be compared, solely due to the fact that it was created for one single purpose & that was to take out Replicator ships. So in any meetings that Asgard ships came up against Anubis ones, then he always one. Even with ep that Thor was captured 7 his ship destroyed by Osiris. It took 4/6 O'neill class ships against 1 before they even backed down. Therefore to me Anubis goes higher on the list than Asgard.

Wraith cruisers are bigger than Daedalus, so definitely shouldn't be below Prometheus. I put it above Daedalus as well, simply because it has more powerful weapons & multiple energy based weapons turrets stationed on it, against rail guns & warheads with no beaming nuke capabilities. Simply would to me prove to be a close fight, but I think it'd just get the better of Daedalus' shields before it was taken out. So Daedalus would most likely have to jump into HS to escape it, because as seen in TSIII. It would come overhead & they'd try to board it. Lastly we don't know if it has shields or not, or even if it doesn't have any Darts. It's entirely possible that it does have Darts on board.

Neither can I, however got a sneaky feeling we will see it in action once then something will happen wheres its either crippled or destroyed. No way the writers would leave the ship with the team. It'd just be the end of the series. It's Laughable how well we do against the so called "advanced" races at the moment without this powerfully armed/armoured ship.
                  Why not? They can easily leave it with them, based upon the fact that they probably wouldn't be able to replicate the ancients power source or systems. So if anything gets damaged then they can make new parts for it. If they launc all the Drones, then they'll have to look around for more. But the big reason why they'll get to keep it, is simply because it's Kryptonite is that they'll make it slow. This way it can't simply jump in everytime & save the day. This way Daedalus will still be more widely used because it'll be much faster, by the time Orion arrives, there would be a good chance that it would be long over before they had even arrived.

This way they keep this uber powerful warship & can't use it everyday to fly around the galaxy killing Wraith ships. It'll sit back & only be sent in in extreme emergencies. Such as Atlantis can detect weeks in advance Wraith ships that are on approach to Lantia, therefore it has plenty of time to plan it's route & intercept them before they get there.

Daedalus' weakness is that it has crappy weapons. Hives are no shields & the Orion will be that it's able to deal with almost anything that's thrown at it but the fact that it's slow. Will hinder it's everyday involvement in every ep. Unlike Daedalus which could strip down an old Al'kesh or Ha'tak for weapons, so that doesn't really have an excuse for the lack of crappy weapons that it has. However Orion will do in that it's not very fast.

Barring all that, it is known to be a recurring ship in S3. Simply everybody thought that it would be Daedalus class, because Orion & Odyssey info was released at the same time as ships that would be appearing in the new shows. So it at least surives a few eps into S3.

Also I put Hive ships above that of Anubis ones, simply because the Anubis ones were pretty much the same as that of the Asgard ones, which are on Daedalus & if you watch 'Allies', the first couple of hits it takes & you see that it manages to pentrate the shields & cause internal damage to the bridge. So while I'm sure Anubis would cause the Hive ship some pretty severe damage, ther Hive would still most likely take it out pretty quickly. Anubis mothership was 1KM long, while someone done calaculations on a Hive ship & calculated that it was something like 5500metres long or something along those lines. Remember all along most of it, it has those energy turrets. So a lot more firepower would be going towards Anubis' ships that would be sent back towards the Hive. Then lastly the fact that they in combination can drain a ZPM in a matter of a few days with their bombardments. Pretty powerful stuff to me.

I didn't put them above Rep ships though, simply because the fact that it doesn't have shields, so while they might not be able to beam in, they can fire a projectile made of blocks into the Hive ship, like the did in 'New Order'. They then would envelop Wraith tech straight away & would very soon become resistent to it & utilize the tech themselves.

Comment

If your refering to Atlantis(one 'S'), no I didn't. I refer you to one second last Paragraph in the post you quoted. for your reading convenience I reposted it below...take a look...

We have seen Atlantis fire 12 drones, hardly a spectacular Achievement. 2 Drones only Moderatly damaged a Wraith Cruiser, we don't know how many Drones Atlantis actually carries so untill we find out for sure i'm drawing on established facts in the series, not speculation.

Untill they developed a Cypher and became immune to it, at which time they could only be stopped by the Dakarra superweapon. Do you watch Stargate at all?
                    We have seen Atlantis in battle. They have drones. Drones are the most powerful actual weapon that we has seen. So fully loaded it is the most powerful and advanced ship. It is a fragin' city for gods sakes and it has a chair. We have seen what the chair can do in battle. Fill it up with just ten drones and I will take you on in anything.
                    Do you watch Stargate. The Dekara Super Weapon was modified to broadcast the new signal to destroy the Replicators. They used the Dekara Weaon so they can broadcast it over a long range and through the gate to take all of them out before they could make another Cypher
                    *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                    *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                    *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                    *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                    *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                    *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                    *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

We have seen Atlantis in battle. They have drones. Drones are the most powerful actual weapon that we has seen. So fully loaded it is the most powerful and advanced ship. It is a fragin' city for gods sakes and it has a chair. We have seen what the chair can do in battle. Fill it up with just ten drones and I will take you on in anything.
                      Do you watch Stargate. The Dekara Super Weapon was modified to broadcast the new signal to destroy the Replicators. They used the Dekara Weaon so they can broadcast it over a long range and through the gate to take all of them out before they could make another Cypher
                      And what may I ask is "fully loaded", again I ask how YOU KNOW how many drones Atlantis usually holds? Because it says it nowhere in the series. If you can point out with certainty how many it carries then I'll consider it, untill then I again refer to my post in which I state i'm going only by established facts!

And in regards to your Dakarra reference, you just proved my point. The only weapon in the Galaxy that could destroy them was an ancient superweapon, so quite rightly they sit ontop of the list - Cheers for Backing up my point there.

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter
                      They weren't equal though, Thor's Beliskner class ship was ripper apart thanks to an Anubis enhanced ship that was controlled by Osiris.
                      If you remember correctly you'll remember that there were 3 Ha'taks vs Thors ship, not just Osiris' one. And during the Episode Thor states "We can no longer be assured victory when facing greater numbers".
                      So yeah pretty much establishes that the Beliskner is Equal or superior to enchanced Ha'Taks but when out numbered 3 to 1 its a goner

Even an O'neill class one can't be compared, solely due to the fact that it was created for one single purpose & that was to take out Replicator ships. So in any meetings that Asgard ships came up against Anubis ones, then he always one. Even with ep that Thor was captured 7 his ship destroyed by Osiris. It took 4/6 O'neill class ships against 1 before they even backed down. Therefore to me Anubis goes higher on the list than Asgard.
                      Eh what epsiode were you watching??? The O'Neill class has not been shown in action yet. The ships at the end of the episode were Newer Beliskner models, more advanced than Thors, but they sure as hell were not the O'Neill Class, the hull is very different.
                      And it was only 3 Ships not 4/6, that they sent there at the end of the episode because thor sent out a distress signal saying he was being attacked by 3 Ha'taks so the Asgard sent even numbers to match(3 v 3). They had no way of knowing 2 of the Ha'taks had left.
                      And where besides that episode does Asgard ships come up against Anubis' forces may I ask?
                      And your point of O'Neill being made primarily to take out the replicators and so couldn't fight other ships effectivly is pure idiocy. What ships do you think the Replicators are on? Oh...Thats right, they are on Captured Asgard ships. So by all common sense the Asgard had to design better weapons able to take out their own ships, which are equal/superior to Go'auld, meaning they would infact be superior to Go'auld vessels in battle.

Wraith cruisers are bigger than Daedalus, so definitely shouldn't be below Prometheus. I put it above Daedalus as well, simply because it has more powerful weapons & multiple energy based weapons turrets stationed on it, against rail guns & warheads with no beaming nuke capabilities. Simply would to me prove to be a close fight, but I think it'd just get the better of Daedalus' shields before it was taken out. So Daedalus would most likely have to jump into HS to escape it, because as seen in TSIII. It would come overhead & they'd try to board it. Lastly we don't know if it has shields or not, or even if it doesn't have any Darts. It's entirely possible that it does have Darts on board.
                      If their Hive Ships don't have Sheilds, the Cruisers dont have sheilds. We've seen the Daedalus fire on Wraith cruisers, hitting them with no evidence of sheilds, only tiny explosions from the Railgun rounds. I've put the Daedalus/Prommie ahead of the Cruiser due to the Asgard sheilds. If the Daedalus got to point blank range with sheilds up and let off a volley of nuclear missiles the cruiser would be toast. Least the Daedalus would have the Sheilds to protect it. Thats why they are ahead of it.

Also I put Hive ships above that of Anubis ones, simply because the Anubis ones were pretty much the same as that of the Asgard ones, which are on Daedalus & if you watch 'Allies', the first couple of hits it takes & you see that it manages to pentrate the shields & cause internal damage to the bridge. So while I'm sure Anubis would cause the Hive ship some pretty severe damage, ther Hive would still most likely take it out pretty quickly. Anubis mothership was 1KM long, while someone done calaculations on a Hive ship & calculated that it was something like 5500metres long or something along those lines. Remember all along most of it, it has those energy turrets. So a lot more firepower would be going towards Anubis' ships that would be sent back towards the Hive. Then lastly the fact that they in combination can drain a ZPM in a matter of a few days with their bombardments. Pretty powerful stuff to me.
                      Its already established that the Asgard wont give away their most advanced technology that could be used against them. Daedalus has Asgard designed sheilds, doesn't mean they are the best sheilds the Asgard have or the type they use on their own ships, that would be idiocy.

And as I've previously mentioned I'm basing MY own opinions on established facts from the show. All these "energy turrets" you've seen, I haven't seen all these in action. In the episode 'The hive' when the Wraith ships fire on each other they seem to be using only 2 main batteries to fire on each other, strange thing to do if you have weapons covering your ship?

In relation to the ZPM point, again we don't know how powerfull Go'auld energy cannons are in relation to Wraith, for all we know the Go'auld could have drained it in a matter of hours. There's just not enough canon to base these theories off, so I based mine of proven fact in the series

I didn't put them above Rep ships though, simply because the fact that it doesn't have shields
                      But you put the hive ships above Go'auld, Earth and Asgard ships all of which have sheilds????

Comment

Working...
                      X