This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You realy don't get do you?

I'm saying we can't know if Atlantis is the fastest ever, because we NEVER heard or saw anything about how fast it can travel. We only DO know that it travled from earth to pegasus, thats is it. nothing more, nothing less.
    We don't even know how fast the ancient intergaltic drives are, nothing.
    So stating that the Atlantis is the fastes is pure dumb, since it is not based on any facts at all.

It is likely that it is the fastest, possible, certain, not by far. Certain it will be only when actually stated on the show.

As for Atlantis weapons, we know of a drone chair, thats it. Same as the little outpost on earth. Which is granted pretty damn powerfull. But with one drone chair, Atlantis would again not be the most powerfull, since it would have firepower parity with a outpost.

I'm nost saying you can;t use Atlantis in such quetions, but making up facts that are based on asumptions are not the right way to do.
    We simply don't have enough facts to quantity the power of Atlantis.
    and thats what i'm saying.

Comment

All right.

Realy don't know how fast Atlantis is. IMO, it kicks but because the Ancients always go big. Just a hunch.

We have seen what one chair is capable of. An Armado of thirty ships and all their planes.

It also is the only ship we know of that can dial eight chevrons.

Name a ship that is more powerful then Atlantis.
      Last edited by LORD MONK; 01 February 2006, 07:11 PM.
      *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
      *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
      *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
      *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
      *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
      *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
      *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
        daedalus is last on those lists. it sucks
        Daedalus is small. At the hearing early in Season 9, (with Vala and the appropriations committee, the episode name escapes me), it was really stupid for the official to act the he did towards the ship production. The Daedalus needs a really big weapon. It has the small ones-railguns, the medium ones-missiles, and the nukes, which really is cheating. How about a nuclear railgun? Ferrous and tungsten shell with a core of C4 and uranium and naquaduh.
        Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
        The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
        I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
        A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
        That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
        Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
        Caboose: They could be worse?
        Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

As adk06 pointed out we do know that the Milky-Way Alterrans are more powerful than the Pegusus Lanteans. Possibly because according to An Ancient's theory that Atlantis was a rushed expedition dispatched to spread life in the Pegusus galaxy to preserve life after plague or a smaller expedition sent out by the Alterran Empire to spread their seeds in Pegusus before the plague broke out and their advancement was restricted by the Wraith problem. What ever the reason we know that Main stream Alterran Empire was at a far superior technological state at the time they were completely wiped out by the plague and left behind their legacy to what we have seen in Atlantis. Despite the disagreements going on about the speed of Atlantis I'm sure that the Height of the Alterran Empire any City they built with space flight capability and if they actuall wanted to (The Peguses Ancients may have purposefully hadicapped their Warships to prevent advanced hyperdrives falling into wraith hans) they could make it travel at faster speeds than anything we have come across except perhaps Ori ships.

As for the City of Vis-Uban I personally dont believe that the Alterrans would have intended it to have space flight capabilities and therefore not a ship because it was meant to be a permement capital or 'Crown Jewel' of the Alterran Empire and not an Expedition like Atlantis sent out to Peguses to seed life. Unless of course it was intended to be turned into a ship just because they could.

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
            Apophis didn't win. Thats how the Replicators work. They don't blow the ship up, they take it over.
            He won the ship, but didn't win the fight.

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

Originally posted by Pasankoon
              As adk06As for the City of Vis-Uban I personally dont believe that the Alterrans would have intended it to have space flight capabilities and therefore not a ship because it was meant to be a permement capital or 'Crown Jewel' of the Alterran Empire and not an Expedition like Atlantis sent out to Peguses to seed life. Unless of course it was intended to be turned into a ship just because they could.
              They put hyperdrives in all their cities. Why wouldn't they do it if they could?

Comment

Originally posted by AscendedWarrior
                They put hyperdrives in all their cities. Why wouldn't they do it if they could?
                And you know that how?
                For all we know Atlantis has a stardrive, what ever this is. nothing more.

Comment

Despite the disagreements going on about the speed of Atlantis I'm sure that the Height of the Alterran Empire any City they built with space flight capability and if they actuall wanted to (The Peguses Ancients may have purposefully hadicapped their Warships to prevent advanced hyperdrives falling into wraith hans) they could make it travel at faster speeds than anything we have come across except perhaps Ori ships.
                  Your assuming they had the technology to go faster than anything we have seen. Granted the Ancients mastery of certain technologies was wonderous however on other plains it is surpassed by other Cultures technology. Take for instance the Asgard Beaming Technology, The Ancients were still using the relatively primative Ring System. So we can't just assume their Hyperdrive systems we're up to the standard of current generation ones i.e Asgard.

For all we know Atlantis has a stardrive, what ever this is. nothing more.
                  very true indeed. The Asgard call their Sublight propulsion an "Ion Drive", "Star Drive" could just be the ancients term for Sublight engines.

I am aware of one Ancient City capable of Space Flight, don't know what you mean by "all". Also a question you should ask is 'Why would they do it if they didn't have to?'. For all we know their Intergalactic drives(if they exist) could be built using a very rare substance so only used when absolutly necessary.

Daedalus is small. At the hearing early in Season 9, (with Vala and the appropriations committee, the episode name escapes me), it was really stupid for the official to act the he did towards the ship production. The Daedalus needs a really big weapon. It has the small ones-railguns, the medium ones-missiles, and the nukes
                  Daedalus is crap, pure and simple. For reasons unknown the Wraith don't have sheilding technology(which given that the cockpit viewports of Darts are see through and energy based is ridiculous), if they did the Daealus would be nothing but molten Debris. Kinetic energy, i.e the rainguns would have no effect on energy sheilding, or at least minimal as the Sheilds are not solid objects per se. As for the nukes, they are all too easily shot down. We can't beam nukes onto Go'auld ships due to their sheilds, so against the BC-303's Ha'taks would wipe the floor. I have yet to find out what happened to the Energy weapon the Asgard supplied for Prometheus, seems to have all but vanished.

It also is the only ship we know of that can dial eight chevrons.
                  Not the Ship that Dials it, its the DHD, remember McKay removed the crystal and took it to the other planet to try to dial earth. And other ships have had Stargates on them, i.e Osiris' ship the Trust comendeered & Apohis' Ha'tak when he was going to attack earth.

Comment

yea you know, I just watched Allies a few days ago and the Deadalus is like 1/25 the size of ONE hive ship, I guess the problem is that the Wraith don't have to file taxes or explain where's billion's of dollars are going, but i'm sure if the puiblc knew we were building ships that were hardly a defense against aliens they'de put more money into building a ship that doesn't use fricken primitive bullets and missles.(nukes unincluded) For frack sakes, the railguns Shoot Bullets, little pieces of metal, we know even nukes can't penertrate decent shielding

Comment

Originally posted by Nero
                      Not the Ship that Dials it, its the DHD, remember McKay removed the crystal and took it to the other planet to try to dial earth. And other ships have had Stargates on them, i.e Osiris' ship the Trust comendeered & Apohis' Ha'tak when he was going to attack earth.
                      AND. That gate is the only one that can dial Earth. TPTB says so and so it shall be. And when McKay took the crystal they didn't dial Earth. They thought they did, but they didn't

So, Atlantis is the only ship that can dial eight chevrons that we know of. The gate is in the city, the city is the ship, therefore the ship can dial.
                      For example; We have Asgard beaming tach. aboard the big D. We can take it all off the ship and then we don't have it. But we won't.
                      *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                      *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                      *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                      *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                      *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                      *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                      *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by theStormWeaver
                        Aurora wasn't a warship, please remember this.

My order is:

Replicator Ship (the one RepliCartor used)
                        Anubis Flag Ship
                        O'Neill Class Ship
                        Average Asgard Ship
                        Anubis' Hetaks
                        Deadie
                        Older Asgard Ships (Beliskner)
                        Hetak(normal/without Anubis' tech)
                        Prommie/Hive
                        Sorry to diasgree with you! BUT Aurora IS a Warship

I have to admit, I'm surprised to see the Wraith being overtaken by Daedalus & in some cases drawing with Prometheus.

I seem to be in the minority here, but to me the Pegaus ancients seemed far more advanced that that of the MW ones.

1. They completely created a brand new set of MKII gates in Pegasus, while the MW ones have stayed the same for over 50 million years. They also put spacegates around their galaxy, which seems to suggest that they rely more on ships in Pegasus than they do in the MW.

We don't know if the MW ancients even had warships at all.

Merlins tech seems to be the key to stopping the Ori invasion, yet Myrddin was a returning Pegasus ancient.

The built another Atlantis, as well as all the other things. Not only that but they also managed to master time travel.

Atlantis
                        Aurora Class Warship
                        Ori Warship
                        Possible original Alterran ships (The original ships that they used when fleeing their home galaxy are currently lying out there in the MW somewhere)
                        Replicator enhanced ships
                        Hive ships
                        Anubis enhanced ships
                        Asgard O'neill class warship
                        Grace ship
                        Gadmeer
                        DJ Asgard class
                        Beliskner Asgard class
                        Ha'taks/Daedalus class cruisers
                        Wraith cruisers
                        Prometheus
                        (Probably a couple of others in here as well that go up in size each time)
                        Wraith scout ship
                        Darts
                        Al'kesh
                        Gliders
                        302's

Comment

basically everyone agree's that after the Pegasus ancients returned to Milky way , they were more advanced because of all the powerful things we've seen from them. the had just been beaten by the wraith, there weren't many of them how could they build ships granted though they returned to earth 10,000 years ago they had thousands of years of advancment.

302's should go above Gliders
                          we designed 302 to be better then glider's with "Good old american know-how"(tangent)

Anyway I think anubis shouldn't be placed in his own category he used ancient technology, hell he's half asecended "Which explains his mastery of ancient technology" Carter

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
                            AND. That gate is the only one that can dial Earth. TPTB says so and so it shall be. And when McKay took the crystal they didn't dial Earth. They thought they did, but they didn't
                            They didn't because it would have killed the fog aliens, but it would have worked.

Comment

Originally posted by adk06
                              basically everyone agree's that after the Pegasus ancients returned to Milky way , they were more advanced because of all the powerful things we've seen from them. the had just been beaten by the wraith, there weren't many of them how could they build ships granted though they returned to earth 10,000 years ago they had thousands of years of advancment.
                              I wouldn't go that far, many (including me) hold the MW Ancients were far more powerful, they've deomnstrated far greater abilities.
                              -I was, am, and will be, Aeon9570 (if I ever remember the password)-
                              -You want to mess with the Ancients? Please update your will...-
                              -S/J, you cannot stop it, it is not 'possible', it just is.-

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter
                                Sorry to diasgree with you! BUT Aurora IS a Warship

I have to admit, I'm surprised to see the Wraith being overtaken by Daedalus & in some cases drawing with Prometheus.

I seem to be in the minority here, but to me the Pegaus ancients seemed far more advanced that that of the MW ones.

1. They completely created a brand new set of MKII gates in Pegasus, while the MW ones have stayed the same for over 50 million years. They also put spacegates around their galaxy, which seems to suggest that they rely more on ships in Pegasus than they do in the MW.

We don't know if the MW ancients even had warships at all.

Merlins tech seems to be the key to stopping the Ori invasion, yet Myrddin was a returning Pegasus ancient.

The built another Atlantis, as well as all the other things. Not only that but they also managed to master time travel.

Atlantis
                                Aurora Class Warship
                                Ori Warship
                                Possible original Alterran ships (The original ships that they used when fleeing their home galaxy are currently lying out there in the MW somewhere)
                                Replicator enhanced ships
                                Hive ships
                                Anubis enhanced ships
                                Asgard O'neill class warship
                                Grace ship
                                Gadmeer
                                DJ Asgard class
                                Beliskner Asgard class
                                Ha'taks/Daedalus class cruisers
                                Wraith cruisers
                                Prometheus
                                (Probably a couple of others in here as well that go up in size each time)
                                Wraith scout ship
                                Darts
                                Al'kesh
                                Gliders
                                302's

Thank god you did it right...I was getting so god damn mad that people where putting Hive Ships below daedalus class ships.. why? besides the episode where we could beam nukes into hives has there been 1 episode where daed has won a fight 1v1 with a hive? No.... stop putting Hives below Daedalus... its rediculas... Out of everyone that has posted I think his is the closest to the truth...

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Comment

Working...
                                X