X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Exiled Master
    They could probably build a hyperdrive using the ancient database
    well for the orion, it needs a new power supply i think, especially since it couldn't mantain hyperspace and its sublight engines are broken, so i think hyperdrive is the least of their worries about the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
      I bet their is a seach engine on the database. They just haven't figured out how to bull up the Search Bar yet.

Haha we find out Google was created by the ancients.

Comment

If brings up making a search option for the database before does, than I would have to declare an moron .
        Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
        The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
        I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
        A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
        That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
        Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
        Caboose: They could be worse?
        Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

perhaps the reason the asgard are coming to atlantis is to install one of thei hyperdrives

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
            perhaps the reason the asgard are coming to atlantis is to install one of thei hyperdrives
            doubt it, they don't provide technology that can be potentially be used against them, they might give it new stellar engines if needed, but it is an ancient warship that could rip their o'niels to shreads. They would want at least one advantage over it.

Comment

The Asgard are just rebuilding after their war with the Replicators. They now have the threat from the Ori, and the threat to be that is the Wraith. The Asgard will probably, only a guess, will post either an Asgard to the Orion or a small team.

I thought that the Orion was Atlantis defence vessel, able to defend Atlantis when the Deadalus is between trips.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701
                The Asgard are just rebuilding after their war with the Replicators. They now have the threat from the Ori, and the threat to be that is the Wraith. The Asgard will probably, only a guess, will post either an Asgard to the Orion or a small team.

I thought that the Orion was Atlantis defence vessel, able to defend Atlantis when the Deadalus is between trips.
                Yes, a defense vessel with 4 seconds of shields. You would think the ancients were pretty damn smart, why would they create something that needed to be powered by their means for generating conventional power? I propose that we get the asgard to design a shield that could draw its power from the barrage that is hitting it like in beachead.

Best Stargate quote:
                Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
                  Actually, what I heard was that Orion was the new PG ship and Odyssey was the new MW ship.

I would LIKE to see a faster hyperdrive on the Orion, I just don't know if we will or not. Man, wouldn't that thing make short work of those Lucian Alliance ships we're supposed to be getting into a tussle with? "Yeah, okay. You guys keep your little hatak ships. We don't care. We'll just have to use this Ancient ship instead. Still wanna play?" A few dozen drones later and the area is littered with hatak debris.
                  Hmm... we would have to fix the Orion alot if we're gonna send it to the MW to fight the Lucian Alliance. Why not just let the Free jaffa nation take care of those *******s? The LA have mabye one or two ha'tak at most. The FJN have probably 10-20 at least. We should just surround them and make them surrender there fleet and use it for our selfs.

But that wouldn't make a good episode, a space battle would be better.

I wanna see earth having an ha'tak, giving it our style and a name. We lost two ha'tak (that I can remember) that we were gonna use to defend earth. I say let's send a bill to the FJN since it were we that helped them to become free, and just tell them that we want some of those ha'taks of theres.

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

When do you think TPTB are going to make an illustrated encyclopedia of stargate tech? You know, like those out for Star Trek and Star Wars?
                    Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                    The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                    I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                    A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                    That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                    Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                    Caboose: They could be worse?
                    Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
                      Yes, a defense vessel with 4 seconds of shields. You would think the ancients were pretty damn smart, why would they create something that needed to be powered by their means for generating conventional power? I propose that we get the asgard to design a shield that could draw its power from the barrage that is hitting it like in beachead.
                      Well the beachhead shield still weakened, just it expanded at a faster rate.

And 4.1 seconds of shields is impressive for a 10,000+year old ship that was damaged and was blasted by a supervolcano and hot lava.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter
                        There was already a thread opened in the season two folder where you could have put this.

Other pre-exsisting thread!

Also: It's not a Battleship or a destroyer, It's a Warship.

It's not the Aura, it's the Aurora.

It's not the orine, It's the Orion.

It's not armed to the teeth because nothing has been said of it's weapons capabilities, other than it's fully loaded with drones.

Also it's pronounced more like Hipaferalcus, Hippaferalcus or with the 'i' in place of the u.
                        Actually, it hasn't been said that it was fully loaded with drones, either. I watched and re-watched it several times and the only mention of drones was Caldwell saying "Well, at least we've got the Orion now and the city supply of drones have been replenished", which could as well (and very probably) be all about what transpired in "The Tower".

Spoiler:
                        After all, Rodney found a whole mini-warehouse full of them and who knows how many more there might've been?

And where are people getting that it has an entire armoury full of drones? Anywhere?!

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                          Actually, it hasn't been said that it was fully loaded with drones, either. I watched and re-watched it several times and the only mention of drones was Caldwell saying "Well, at least we've got the Orion now and the city supply of drones have been replenished", which could as well (and very probably) be all about what transpired in "The Tower".

Spoiler:
                          After all, Rodney found a whole mini-warehouse full of them and who knows how many more there might've been?

And where are people getting that it has an entire armoury full of drones? Anywhere?!
                          Weeeeell, for someone who watched and re-watched the episode you missed minute 30:34 when shepard says "Time for a military solution, we got an armory full of drones on board"
                          soooooo............thats the answer for your question. If I were you........well........I'll re-watched the episode once more ^^

See ya!

Comment

Aha! I missed that little detail ¬_¬'. Now the talk about the armoury full of drones doesn't sound as ridiculous >_>'. Stupid budget that didn't let us see the armoury full of drones.

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
                              doubt it, they don't provide technology that can be potentially be used against them, they might give it new stellar engines if needed, but it is an ancient warship that could rip their o'niels to shreads. They would want at least one advantage over it.

ah you must not know how to read. where in my post did it say weapons???

they're prolly coming to give the orion a hyperdrive engine

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                                ah you must not know how to read. where in my post did it say weapons???

they're prolly coming to give the orion a hyperdrive engine
                                ah, but you fail to see the use of the hyperdrive engines, and you also failed to read some of my post. The asgard's oniel class ships would be ripped to shreds by the drones onboard the orion. The orion however is pretty much stuck in PG a galaxy far far away from MWG. IF the Asgard give the orion new hyperdrive engines, they lose an advantage over it not being able to move far, so it is then classified as giving technology that can be potentially be used against them...which they dont do.

and
                                Spoiler:
                                they fixed the hyperdrive engines in inferno, just the limited amount of power caused the jump to be a short one. In time the atlantis crew may figure out how to mod the engines from the aurora info

Comment

Working...
                                X