X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WraithReaper1234
    I said deastroyer becasue its obvisouly not massive,
    Oh but it is massive, check the 'Aurora', episode & see the difference between them. It's a good few times bigger than Daedalus is. Then in 'Inferno', it could easily take 4 times the amount of passengers in a single go, whereas it would take Daedalus 4 trips to complete the same amount. Also we don't know how much space was left, I bet it wasn't even half full!

Daedalus is a BattleCruiser, it's much, much larger than that or a Wraith cruiser. So is probably comparable in size to an Asgard ship or bigger system lords Mothership.

Against a Hive ship, it's probably around a third to half the size.

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
      Orine will work, I knew what he was trying to sat. I knew what all those words are.

A Battleship and a Destroyer are both Warships.

Why did you capitolize Battleship and not Destroyer?

Before you rip me on my spelling check out my sig below.

I can't wait to see it. Can anyone put up a pic or something so I can druel with you all.
      look in the S2 thread, ive posted many images of the ship

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter
        Oh but it is massive, check the 'Aurora', episode & see the difference between them. It's a good few times bigger than Daedalus is. Then in 'Inferno', it could easily take 4 times the amount of passengers in a single go, whereas it would take Daedalus 4 trips to complete the same amount. Also we don't know how much space was left, I bet it wasn't even half full!

Daedalus is a BattleCruiser, it's much, much larger than that or a Wraith cruiser. So is probably comparable in size to an Asgard ship or bigger system lords Mothership.

Against a Hive ship, it's probably around a third to half the size.
        I remember in the seige 3 or was it the episode after I can't remeber, the Daedalus was smaller than a wraith cruiser, remember when the cruiser came right above it the daedales was much smaller. The daedalus in our fleet is a battlecruiser but in size a power terms its just a small attack vessel or frigate.

Comment

yep it was siege part 3

IMHO i think the daedalus is about 1/8th of the size of the aurora class ships, and i think the aurora class is comparable in size to the wraith cruisers

Comment

someone refresh my memory on Aurora(spl?) did the ancients on board ever say what the ship was classified as? sure we call it a war ship because it is packed with drones, but for all we know to the ancients this class of ship is just a scout. after all it was sent to go gather intel about the wraith not attack them.

so while by our primative standards that ship can be used to wage war dosnt mean that is what is was designed for.

unless the ancients said other wise in which case ignore this post

Comment

the Aurora is a war sip that was sent out on a reconnissance mission during the war it was stated by makay and sheepared
              in the episode called Aurora

Comment

Originally posted by lockey
                the Aurora is a war sip that was sent out on a reconnissance mission during the war it was stated by makay and sheepared
                in the episode called Aurora
                they never said it was a warship, it was used during the war and was sent on recon. Shep said it was a warship when he found out it was used during the war...

Comment

it's a ship

Comment

The ancients may not have even had dedicated warships. Seems most of the other races don't, we may just be slightly odd there in the variety of ship types we have (and who knows, maybe our space fleets will be similar, though I doubt it, specilization works too well for us and it's too ingrained). I mean, even the goa'uld, who are quite warlike, only have a few ships, bascially just motherships, bombers, cargo shuttles, and fighters. The asgard don't seem a whole lot different from what we've seen thus far.

So, assuming we DO get to keep it and it doesn't get wiped out right away, what do you think we should do with it? Try to figure out how to modify the hyperdrive to make it faster? Have our asgard buddies come in and do an engine swap to drop in a faster hyperdrive? Or just use it for a local shuttle around the pegasus galaxy and for running zone defense of the Atlantis star system?

My guess is we won't have it long enough to find out. But IF we do, I would bet they end up doing option 1.

Comment

Well I have heard many times that at the end of S9 in SG1, ships named the Odyssey and Orion fight the Ori. I assumed that the Orion was an Earth ship-apparently they slaped a good hyperdrive on the Orion and flew it to our galaxy to open a can of whoop-ass on the Ori!
                      Semper Vigilans!

Play www.stargatewars.com
                      +
                      Join the Adeptus Astartes

Comment

Actually, what I heard was that Orion was the new PG ship and Odyssey was the new MW ship.

I would LIKE to see a faster hyperdrive on the Orion, I just don't know if we will or not. Man, wouldn't that thing make short work of those Lucian Alliance ships we're supposed to be getting into a tussle with? "Yeah, okay. You guys keep your little hatak ships. We don't care. We'll just have to use this Ancient ship instead. Still wanna play?" A few dozen drones later and the area is littered with hatak debris.

Comment

Originally posted by Publius Aemilius Aper
                          Well I have heard many times that at the end of S9 in SG1, ships named the Odyssey and Orion fight the Ori. I assumed that the Orion was an Earth ship-apparently they slaped a good hyperdrive on the Orion and flew it to our galaxy to open a can of whoop-ass on the Ori!
                          odyssey=newest earth daed class ship, orion=ancient ship used in war

and FYI
                          Spoiler:
                          the orion was damaged during the ancients war, or damaged through neglect or something, it was limited power, intersteller egines and its sublight engines dont work yet. I cant see it going to MW anytime soon.

But it has an armoury full of drones, and what looks like enerrgy weapons and a shield that can last 4.1 seconds of a supervolcano erupting.
                          Last edited by SmallTimePerson; 28 January 2006, 04:36 PM.

Comment

They could probably build a hyperdrive using the ancient database (I've said this before and i'll say it again, the Atlantis database needs a search engine) Oh and I doubt that it would carry that many fighters, probably a pair and a jumper or something.
                            Last edited by Exiled Master; 28 January 2006, 08:32 AM.
                            Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                            The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                            I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                            A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                            That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                            Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                            Caboose: They could be worse?
                            Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master
                              They could probably build a hyperdrive using the ancient database (I've said this before and i'll say it again, the Atlantis database needs a search engine) Oh and I doubt that it would carry that many fighters, probably a pair and a jumper or something.

Yeah I bet you they could even build ancient ships if the knowledge is in the database.

Comment

I bet their is a seach engine on the database. They just haven't figured out how to bull up the Search Bar yet.
                                *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                                *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                                *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                                *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                                *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                                *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                                *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Working...
                                X