Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what kind of science advisers does the show have?

Comment

they just have a guy hitting the wikipedia random wiki button

Comment

this has been said many times before but the stargate producers should come look at this website

Spoiler:
        Spoiler:
        Spoiler:
        Spoiler:
        Spoiler:
        Spoiler:
        Spoiler:
        Spoiler:
        Spoiler:
        Spoiler:
        Spoiler:
        Spoiler:
        Spoiler:
        Spoiler:
        Spoiler:
        Spoiler:
        Spoiler:
        Spoiler:
        Spoiler:
        hahahahahahahaha i just wasted about a minute or two of your time
        Spoiler:
        Originally posted by daredevil-k's signature using the quote
        god damn daniel what you done this time!!nice gunahh crap it's an alien.... oh wait it's just jonasyeah it's sam to save our buttsahh crap light sabers!!!she's drunk but how....?hahahaha weaklinghe's way to happyshe's very angry... run!!!ahh what... oh it's just a replicator.. crap!!this is obviously creepyrun like the butt-head you are!!creepycool and smooth hammondmckay you just blew up half a solar systemten hut don't get in teal'cs way to many guns sam's got a gou'aldmckay's always like this

Comment

What would happen if someone entered the wormhole from the back of the gate?

Comment

They go disintergrate but don't reintergrate so there screwed "The lesson here today kids, is don't go through the back of a stargate " said jack, then carter shakes her head and general hammond say's "who's he talking to? " :I have no idea sir " said carter "me neither sir " said teal'c.
            Spoiler:
            god damn daniel what you done this time!!nice gunahh crap it's an alien.... oh wait it's just jonasyeah it's sam to save our buttsahh crap light sabers!!!she's drunk but how....?hahahaha weaklinghe's way to happyshe's very angry... run!!!ahh what... oh it's just a replicator.. crap!!this is obviously creepyrun like the butt-head you are!!creepycool and smooth hammondmckay you just blew up half a solar systemten hut don't get in teal'cs way to many guns sam's got a gou'aldmckay's always like this

Comment

Originally posted by daredevil-k View Post
              They go disintergrate but don't reintergrate so there screwed "The lesson here today kids, is don't go through the back of a stargate " said jack, then carter shakes her head and general hammond say's "who's he talking to? " :I have no idea sir " said carter "me neither sir " said teal'c.
              Possibly, it has never been stated though. Maybe that why Stargate have chevrons on only one side of it. Like shown on the episode where Sam and Jacob blow up a sun the try to destroy Apophis new armada.
              sigpic
              - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

yes it has can't remember what episode it's true
                Spoiler:

Comment

This was my theory about the earth iris thing ( http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=59669 ).

Comment

Originally posted by Mio View Post
                    Nope. Molecules just can't form! And who knows, The Atlantis gate iris might even be closer than our iris, making it so that a Sokar-esque attempt to get through would fail. Also, Tollan phase shift might not work
                    Actually, molecules can form a little bit, that's why those little boxes in SG-1 work. Here's a question for ya: how can the wormhole form without the vortex or dialing sequence? Cassie did it in the episode 1969, and so did that Nox girl in the episode Enigma. Any explanations?

Comment

the ninth chevron dials the destiny any other questions type destiny in the search thing

oops.... sorry wrong thread, the iris is very close to the event horizon (less than 3 millimetres) to be exact the atlantis iris is just as close (I think but it's close or maybe 1 cm). Hope that helps. :carter:
                      Last edited by daredevil-k; 02 October 2008, 06:30 PM.
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Well, if the vortex cant be formed because of the iris, then whats reflecting
                        on the back wall of the gate room ?
                        looks like a stable worm hole to me.

Comment

the iris vortex outer thingy cant be formed because the iris is sooooooooooooooooooooo close it wont let matter re-materialize, so who says that a wormhole is not matter?

sigpic
                          Sig made by squirrely1
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
                          *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

it's energy, not matter
                            Spoiler:

Comment

I watched Small victories the other day and it came to my attention that its possible to create a wormhole without the unstable vortex..

Thor does it in that episode, The Nox girl does it in an episode and i think Cassandra does it in 1969.

So why couldn't this ability be incorporated into stargates?

Comment

I dont think the flares do the time travling alone, maybe the pegasus aasgard?
                                The have the tech to do....
                                “We could be a team. You could be my sidekick.”
                                “Sidekick?”
                                “Yeah, it’d be like Batman and Ronon. Has a nice ring to it.”
                                “Yeah, you keep eating like that it’s going to be more like fatman.”

Comment

Working...
                                X