X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Knight_ofthe_Word View Post
    Why thank you Guest750 =D

you actually helped to prove my point, now i don't need to write it all out!

@ Col. Newman, the guy who runs through the incoming wormhole does NOT appear on the other side, proving my point!

K_ot_W
    You going to tell me what episode or are just going to keep repeating yourself?

Originally posted by Knight_ofthe_Word View Post
    on another note, can you please explain to me in what way, IF ANY, is America UNITED? LOL
    it's not that's the point.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Newman View Post
      You going to tell me what episode or are just going to keep repeating yourself?

it's not that's the point.
      geez man way to get antsy

ill find the episode for you =)

and prove it =D

K_ot_W

ps. explain your sig to me then, if the point was that America is NOT united? =S
      ....I'm gonna go eat some cake. =)

Comment

thank you

I figured it was obvious what the point of my sig is.

America is no longer a melting pot and it will gradually destroy the country.

Comment

where does the iris go, i mean it slides in and out but where, the gates too small to store it there
          *Turn in your P-90 for a MP7; the standard issue weapon for any SG Team*

sigpic

Comment

the iris doesnt burn through becouse it is a super strong titanium metal

Comment

Originally posted by =SGA=Jason_Binn View Post
              where does the iris go, i mean it slides in and out but where, the gates too small to store it there
              Pure Handwavium

Its' made of colapsable CGI.

Comment

so its just speculation????

sigpic

Comment

yeh were does the iros go when it's open, it just dissaperas into the gate lol?

Comment

Originally posted by puddle_jumper5 View Post
                    exactyly so if any mckays can answer that question...great!

sigpic

Comment

Where does the wormhole occur? In our spacetime or in subspace or hyperspace? If it doesn't occur in our spacetime how can it be influenced by something as mundane as a solarflare?

Comment

Originally posted by puddle_jumper5 View Post
                        It's stated in the show that the iris is "collapsable", and the cgi seems to show it's made of blades that slide against each other into the stargate.
                        If the iris blades are thin enough, what's to say that the blades don't just reorient and lay "flat" against the side of the gate?

Or, maybe there's a circular device that controls the iris that lays flat against the inside of the ring, and the blades of the iris lay flat against that?

If either of those are true, then that would explain why it seems to disappear every time it opens: it's just too small to see.

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                          Where does the wormhole occur? In our spacetime or in subspace or hyperspace? If it doesn't occur in our spacetime how can it be influenced by something as mundane as a solarflare?
                          It does. I wish carter would go into more details about wormhole physics, but I'll just have to tell you what I know.

The solar flare is a burst of energy from the planet's surface. This type of energy is so extreme that it spills into the electromagnetic fields, what's to say it doesn't also affect spacetime in some similar way?

Current wormhole physics state that by manipulation of spacetime in such a way can also produce time travel, what's to say the stargate doesn't have some sort of mechanism to stabalize a wormhole and the solar flare just happens to emit enough energy into the spacetime-continuum that the stargate can't compensate and thus a disruption in spacetime occurs, leading to time travel?

It's not sound, but at least it's an explanation.

Comment

Well solar flares are mighty powerfull, but the better question would be, how in the vastness of space does a wormhole come within even millions of km of a star? And technicly, a wormhole, in real physics, is a bent space, like tollans showed in their first ep, so a wormhole should ignore any space (in our spacetime) between access points.

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

Originally posted by Character View Post
                              Well solar flares are mighty powerfull, but the better question would be, how in the vastness of space does a wormhole come within even millions of km of a star? And technicly, a wormhole, in real physics, is a bent space, like tollans showed in their first ep, so a wormhole should ignore any space (in our spacetime) between access points.
                              That's exactly my point! A solar flare should have no effect on it, or if it did it wouldn't be on the scale to enable time-travel...

Comment

Fortunatly for SG authors, not everybody takes interest in complex physics like the inner workigs of real wormholes. Not that they can take real physics anyway, or their wouldnt be 4/5ths of the tech in SG.

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

Working...
                                X