This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter
    Technically that's not true! We have know for a few years that the Goa'uld didn't have intergalactic capabilities. So that added to the fact that we saw the Asgard did hjave it. Obviously showed that there was at least two types of HD available.
    No it didn't. If my gun can shoot accurately to 100 metres, and my neighbour's can shoot accurately to 500 metres, does that tell us that obviously there are two types of gun? Could it not simply be that my neighbour has a better sight than me?

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
      i agree with this, almost totally in fact.
      the ancients clearly had two or three types of engine:
      sublight, PJ's - drive pods
      faster than light - stardrive
      faster than light - between galaxies - hyperspace
      Sorry Immhotep, but I disagree. I'll go with the consensus that the Stardrive is another term for the sublight systems.
      This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

yeah sorry i ment to say
        sublight, fast
        stardrive, maximum slower than light speed
        hyperdrive, faster than light via hyperspace window.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

stardrive, maximum slower than light speed
          If that were the case, time dilation would mean that we'd have got to Atlantis before the city did after it left.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

huh?
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            11000! green me

Comment

huh?
              You said : "Stardrive, maximum slower than light speed" - eg, relativistic velocities, meaning it would take millions of years to get to Pegasus, and better yet, millions of years by their standard and billions if not trillions by ours - eg, end of the universe etc.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

yeah but the acients probaly used an interglatic hyerdrive on atlaintis to go to the pegasus galaxy and the stardrive is a sublight engine that was the first engine that the acients built that allowed them to move bettween without the use of stasis.

HER'AK: "No matter what you have endured, you have never experienced the likes of what Anubis is capable of."
                O'NEILL:"You ended that sentence with a preposition. *******!"

Comment

Originally posted by valha'lla
                  yeah but the acients probaly used an interglatic hyerdrive on atlaintis to go to the pegasus galaxy and the stardrive is a sublight engine that was the first engine that the acients built that allowed them to move bettween without the use of stasis.
                  Two ns in Ancients. Though yeah, my point stands. Stardrive, sublight, relativistic effects.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

we know the Pj can traverse an entire solar system in less than 20 hours, using sublight drives, we know the gouald cant event get to satern in this time. atlantis could have sublight drive that can get between solar systems within a day. and then for major trips a hyperdrive: for example, aiding another city in battle, has to get their in 20 minutes take the hyperdrive....need to place a Sg, lets go by sublight.
                    i dont understand the physics of Sg at all so explain.
                    sigpic
                    11000! green me

Comment

Well, one would hope their physics would match ours.

Comment

we know the Pj can traverse an entire solar system in less than 20 hours, using sublight drives, we know the gouald cant event get to satern in this time. atlantis could have sublight drive that can get between solar systems within a day. and then for major trips a hyperdrive: for example, aiding another city in battle, has to get their in 20 minutes take the hyperdrive....need to place a Sg, lets go by sublight.
                        i dont understand the physics of Sg at all so explain.
                        Well, to cross our solar system in 20 hours you'd have to be going in excess of the speed of light, so I'm assuming a PJ goes halfway across (eg, from near the star to the outer edges). Even in doing so they are travelling at speeds near the speed of light. As you approach the speed of light, time slows down. 20 hours in a Puddlejumper might be two weeks on Atlantis.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

You're not taking into account the fact that their system might be smaller than ours. (That might be negligible, though.)

Comment

Originally posted by NoDot
                            You're not taking into account the fact that their system might be smaller than ours. (That might be negligible, though.)
                            That's why I said "So I'm assuming", and besides, it's merely an example to point out the effects of travel at speeds approaching c.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

but that isnt the case, because mkcay gets from atlnatis to the satalite ( on the opposite side of the solar system) in 15 hours. events of the siege say its only 2 day our of the 4 remaining til they get here. does this mean the PJ's sublight drive counteracts time slowing?
                              sigpic
                              11000! green me

Comment

but that isnt the case, because mkcay gets from atlnatis to the satalite ( on the opposite side of the solar system) in 15 hours. events of the siege say its only 2 day our of the 4 remaining til they get here. does this mean the PJ's sublight drive counteracts time slowing?
                                It just means that the writers didn't take basic real science into account when writing the episodes.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Working...
                                X