Originally posted by Brigadier General jackson
    if general O'Neill has his way one will be called the enterprise

in episode 6:12 unnatural selection
    they did not go for it
    what the mission
    no the name i suggested for the ship
    we can't call it the enterprise
    why not
    Sheppard to McKay in "Inferno": "And no, we're not naming it the Enterprise."

Also, Argos has already be used ("Argosians" of the planet "Argos").

Comment

EDWARDS: "2.3 parts ..." (the major nods his head) "Major Lorne, we need enough naquadah to manufacture 303s. You know how big a battle cruiser is?"

HAMMOND: "Colonel, General Vidrine is down from the Pentagon. He's been put in charge of BC-303 production."

from enemy mine

seems like at last ptb finally solved that eH?
      Last edited by NakedJehutyV2; 03 March 2006, 07:10 PM.

Comment

That was from Season 7, before the redesign of the ships. Doesn't offer much evidence that they are BC-303s. Though I personally believe they are BC-303s, they haven't been mentioned directly as BC-303s.

Comment

doesn't mean they're not

Comment

npattis it's hard not to put it bluntly but you're wrong. The Prometheus was finished in season 6. Enemy Mine was a season 7 episode. The BC-303 was mentioned, if you dont believe me just look at the episode transcript, hence every ship that comes of the line from here on out until they change the class will be Daedalus class BC-303.

Best Stargate quote:
            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
            Green is your friend.

Comment

Or until they make a new class of capital ships to go along with the Battle Cruisers.
              http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
              http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

I don't know why people make such a big deal out of this question. Daedalus and Odessy are BC-303's. Are they differnt looking than Prometheus? Yes. Why? Because Promethus was the prototype. Production models of ships, planes, cars everything are usually different from their prototype models. Why? Because the prototype is meant to test out the initial design and see where it needs to be tweaked. The Promethus was built and launched and they took what they learned from that to change the production models slightly, but they remained essentially the same. Long spar design with dual flight pods on either side and bridge up on top. All of the BC's produced until they come up with a actual new design will be 303's.

Comment

Originally posted by npattis
                  That was from Season 7, before the redesign of the ships. Doesn't offer much evidence that they are BC-303s. Though I personally believe they are BC-303s, they haven't been mentioned directly as BC-303s.
                  Yes they have, they refer to the BC-303's all the time and specifically when Daniel and Landry were in front of the Senate finace comitee about stargate funding the chairman wanted to cut their funding to focus on BC-303 production.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                    Yes they have, they refer to the BC-303's all the time and specifically when Daniel and Landry were in front of the Senate finace comitee about stargate funding the chairman wanted to cut their funding to focus on BC-303 production.
                    Actually, IIRC, I think they were called Daedalus-class ships. Doesn't mean they aren't BC-303s though...
                    Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Pasternak
                      Actually, IIRC, I think they were called Daedalus-class ships. Doesn't mean they aren't BC-303s though...
                      Actually I my uncle is a Navy guy and he watches 'Gate and I asked him about that and he said often times the "class" designation takes its name from the first production model ship, but that doesnt affect the numeric designation of BC-303, it remains the same.

Comment

i mean look at the prototypes of the xbox 360. very different from final production model. same for BC 303

Comment

This thread is basically a joke. I have shown many times, with REAL evidence (not circumstancial like in Enemy Mine) that the Daedalus is NOT a BC-303. Feel free to run search for my posts because I am too lazy to do it right now. Those of you that keep saying they are BC-303's have no evidence. It's like you're stuck in an audio loop. I read all these threads and it's the same thing over and over "Prometheus prototype X303, Daedalus production BC303". But you DON'T LISTEN. There is concrete evidence to suggest it's not a BC303. Every time I presented that evidence those present in the other threads (including this thread's starter) would not be able to refute my evidence, so they simply kept repeating the same thing over and over. This is the SCIENCE forum. That means here we LOOK AT EVIDENCE. If you are going to continue to not look at EVIDENCE then this thread belongs in the FANTASY forum.
                          Last edited by walterIsTheMan; 22 February 2006, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Odyessy is actually a Deepspace Carrier. Take a look at the unit patches on the walls of the breifing rooms and stuff. Since the Daedalus and Odyessy look very similiar, I'd expect the Daedy to be classed as a Deepspace Carrier too.

Comment

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
                              This thread is basically a joke. I have shown many times, with REAL evidence (not circumstancial like in Enemy Mine) that the Daedalus is NOT a BC-303. Feel free to run search for my posts because I am too lazy to do it right now. Those of you that keep saying they are BC-303's have no evidence. It's like you're stuck in an audio loop. I read all these threads and it's the same thing over and over "Prometheus prototype X303, Daedalus production BC303". But you DON'T LISTEN. There is concrete evidence to suggest it's not a BC303. Every time I presented that evidence those present in the other threads (including this thread's starter) would not be able to refute my evidence, so they simply kept repeating the same thing over and over. This is the SCIENCE forum. That means here we LOOK AT EVIDENCE. If you are going to continue to not look at EVIDENCE then this thread belongs in the FANTASY forum.
                              Dude, what evidence? there has never been any reference or indication of a new class. Even in their design they are basically exactly the same, the Daedalus is just a more refined version of Prometheus but is the exact same overall design.

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                                EDWARDS: "2.3 parts ..." (the major nods his head) "Major Lorne, we need enough naquadah to manufacture 303s. You know how big a battle cruiser is?"

HAMMOND: "Colonel, General Vidrine is down from the Pentagon. He's been put in charge of BC-303 production."

from enemy mine
                                ever considdered BC-303 is the classification of a carrier b-ship

Comment

Working...
                                X