Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The DHD can dial to 42 chevrons, because 42 is the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

Comment

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
      The DHD can dial to 42 chevrons, because 42 is the answer to life, the universe, and everything.
      Smartypants. Here we are, trying to have a serious discussion, and you have to bring "Hitchiker's Guide" into it.
      Last edited by ShelBel; 18 October 2005, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShelBel
        Smartypants. Here we are, trying to have a serious discussion, and you have to bring "Hitchiker's Guide" into it.
        A serious discussion? What's that?

Comment

Originally posted by tony
          ive always said the 9th chev. was for inter dimentinal travel think about it the ancients most advanced race ever to rome the stars. they had to have had the tech. to go to other dimentions. like the quantem mirror. the 9th chev. would indicate which dimention you where traveling too. think about it Wormholes can def transfer you to another dimention. ever see the new planet of the apes movie!?
          Well acording to SD.NET they are about the dumbest ever compared to their "hyperspace aliens" but that's another 20 bucks...
          Anyway for what I gather we are just making wide assumptions based on what we've seen on SG:A about the Pegasus DHDs. We have no proof either way to confirm nor deny that MW DHDs can or cannot dial 8 chevrons with just the extra power boost of a ZPM etc.
          Guess that until an episode comes along that proves inequivocally one way or the other this is the way it will stay a sudden death tie with no clear definition.

Oh well.
          At least I have been vindicated in defending the possibilty that it could be done. Something that landed me quite a fistslug party at SD.NET.
          Thanks for the help...
          The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

touching base for a moment on the alternate dimensions or realities....
            if you go into that, and this would be an entirely different topic altogether,
            there would be infinite possibilities in either scenario which would mean at any given time there would be someone in one of those infinite possibilities where your gate would be getting dialed so your gate would always be open and you could never dial out. Simply because of the probabilities and the fact that would occur would rule out that possibility.
            All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
            Pay it forward

Comment

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
              No. The number 42 and Magnets are the answers to everything. Big Honkin' Space Magnets, to be exact.

Comment

even though its useless now but hte other night a dream crossed into stargate and i found out the answer to this question and i think the 9th chevron.......but i woke up and bam forgotten

Comment

Stevo, ya tease.

And DAYUM! Why didn't *I* think about magnets? *facepalm*

Comment

The DHD must have a master control crystal to dial a more than 7 Chevron address
                    sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Just because the gate has 9 chevrons, 9 chevrons is the most you can dial?
                      Perhaps a chevron could be locked onto multiple glyphs...
                      I also think that dialing a 100 chevron address would be an amusing subplot to an Atlantis-based episode, but, given the dialing speed of the Atlantis gate, it would be hard to stretch it out into an entire episode.

Comment

Originally posted by ShelBel
                        The basic, intra-galactic addresses only use 7 coordinates; that's all they need (think a local phone number). Inter-galactic addresses require the 8th (and possibly 9th) coordinate(s) for further triangulation (like area codes and international codes).
                        You have it backwards. Inter-galactic address use 7 coordinates and Intra-galactic use 8. Inter basically means inside, so intergalactic = inside our galaxy, while intragalactic would be outside. I think you know which is which but probably got the words mixed up. But just in case I thought I'd let you know.

HERMIOD: 'Crap' indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hermiod
                          You have it backwards. Inter-galactic address use 7 coordinates and Intra-galactic use 8. Inter basically means inside, so intergalactic = inside our galaxy, while intragalactic would be outside. I think you know which is which but probably got the words mixed up. But just in case I thought I'd let you know.
                          Nope, mine is right. Inter is between, and intra is within. Hence- inTRAnet and inTERnet.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=inter

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=intra

Comment

slightly off topic but is an intranet a network?

Comment

that is what i always thought.
                              All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                              Pay it forward

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
                                slightly off topic but is an intranet a network?
                                Yes. An intranet is a network only available to a select group- like employees of a company. Many companies have intranets for their employees, with HR info, company policies, etc, that cannot be accessed by anyone outside of their internal network (i.e. the internet).

Comment

Working...
                                X