Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It all goes back to that. Of course, Atlantis should have drone production ability. Of course, if you're going to invest so much in a city, then you'd have a couple different types of weapons (ie beam weapons to). But then it would be too easy.
    The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

I've said this in a different thread. It's important to remember Atlantis is a city, not a battlecruiser. While it's important to have offensive and defensive capabilities, it's main function is to be a city.
      302's lead the way!

Comment

If you've got weapons, that *assuming here* you can manufactoor at you're need, and it can destroy anything the wraith or for that matter, anything else can throw at you, why do you need anything else? *Note, just taking up the other flag here*

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAscended
          I agree, the drones are a flawed weapon. It's already been established that while they can wipe out hive ships, they didn't help the Ancients win the war! A much more powerful weapon or weapons will be needed to beat down the Wraith and keep them from just coming back.
          The flaw in the weapons is that they are limited in number, and can't be produced easily. If you swarm one ancient warship with 30 hive ships, then sure it'll start blowing away hive ships left and right, but when the drones are gone, the ship is screwed.

But on the show, there has been no defense whatsoever against them. Both Goauld ships and Wraith ships are highly vulnerable to them.
          The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

so now that deadalus is traveling between earth and atlantis on a regular basis i had a thought. we know that the outpost in antartica has a decent stock of drones left. we also know atlantis is low on drones
            Spoiler:
            minus the ones they got from the tower
            . why cant they take a few from earth and transport them to atlantis to help them out a little. most likely there are a few hundred or more left on earth since there was most likely a full stock when the ancients left since they probably never had a real use for them back on the milkyway.

next thought...the ancient out post on proc-la-roush...they had a control chair also, reason would say there are some drones left there also. deadalus or prometheus could easily get there, beam them all up with the asgard beams, and divvy them up between earth and atlantis.

just a thought...thats all.

Comment

they prolly need those drones. they could use a mark2 naq generater

Comment

We don't know how many Drones earth has left - they could have all been used up in Lost City

Originally posted by Siege Pt.2
                McKAY: We're down to just a few dozen drones.

EVERETT: And you're just finding this out now?

McKAY: Look, there was no way of determining that until the chair was initialised and that was only possible once the Mark Two was tied in.

EVERETT: The chair in Antarctica controlled thousands of the damned things!
                Controlled as in past tense - the earth drones could have all been used up

Regarding Proculos Tanous wasn't that destroyed by Lava after SG-1 removed the ZPM
                sigpic

Comment

Earth may want their own stash of those squids - Just In Case.
                  It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

thats true...we dont know that earth didnt use them all up. the only reason i thought that they had more was in season 8 ep 1 when weir was doing the negotiations i remember something being said about having to use the weapon again which makes me tend to believe that they had more left over so that they could fire it again. as for proclaroush the shield had collapsed many years before they got there or i believe so if im remembering the ep right. and even at that point the drones would prob be in one of the underground storage areas similar to the one on earth so in theory the asgard beams should be able to beam them out even if they cant go down there and pick them up...right?

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                      they prolly need those drones. they could use a mark2 naq generater
                      the mark 2 isnt very stable, watch siege part2 when sheppard and rodney are at the chair.
                      Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
                      Controlled as in past tense - the earth drones could have all been used up
                      no more ZPM=chair cant go on=no drones popping out of the ground=no more chair controlling drones.

Comment

Earth may need the one they have, which I know is what everyone has said, but maybe Atlantis' scientists (or even Earth could send some more scientists) could experiment/research with the drones and reverse engineer some more - Just a thought, I mean they may be too complicated, which wouldn't suprise me, but hey, they could at least try

Comment

it still worked that first time

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                            it still worked that first time

Comment

I think it won't take long before the expedition finds out how the drones work, just like with much of the other systems (like puddlejumpers) it takes time to understand them, you can already see the understanding advancing, compare "thirty eight minutes" with the second season 2's "Grace Under Pressure".

Also an interesting fact, the drones don't have to be chair controled as McKay was able to fire one using his laptop, this might be a sign that they're advancing in understanding the technology.

Comment

learning to shoot it and learning to control it are completely different

Comment

Working...
                                X