Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Drones seek out a ship thats cloaked?

sigpic
    Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
    Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

I would say yes as ancient scanners can detect cloaked ships
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Wouldn't the user have to be aware of the cloaked ship, to see a drone flying around aimlessly, how funny would that be, off into the vast regions of space it goes.

Comment

that would be amusing. I liked the time the drone came after the helicopter... And anyway, just because the ancients have the tech to detect cloaked ships, doesn't mean that the drones can...

If you need to shoot a cloaked ship then you can your ship + detector to aim at the target, but the drones don't necessarily have the ability to detect cloaked ships themselves...
          "I have a B.A., M.D., Ph.D and B.Sc. Maybe one day I'll get a J.O.B."

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

"He who laughs last didn't get it."

Comment

If drones were the ancients only weapons, it seems that there should be plans on how to build them in the ancient database or what makes even more sense that since they use so many at one time there should a lab or manufacturing facility to make drones. If one exsits wouldnt it be in the database? Cant the Asguard analyze a drone and figure out how to biuld them, they seem better than asguard weapons.

Comment

indeed.................

Comment

Originally posted by VironX
                indeed.................
                hahahahaha.... yes this has been talked about for a long time and noooooooo one knows so until its in the show all we have are our theorys

Comment

Its one of those plot things. If they can build as many drones as they want, especially if they can build drone launchers, then its far too easy. And drones aren't the only ancient weapons, the ancient satellite used a beam weapon that was also very powerful, it took out a wraith ship in one shot.
                  The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

We've yet to see everything, that the chair platform is capable of, manufacturing could be one of its functions.

Comment

On the topic of drones if you think about it there a whole plot device in themselves, TPTB made the ancients use projectile weaponary, and furthermore weaponary that can run out so Atlantis Exped. couldnt kick everyones asses. I mean drones can slaughter hive ships, but normal weapons could still beat hive ships (wraith use normal energy weapons and ancients are more advanced so...), whats the difference of beating the Wraith 2 times over instead of 5 times over? Heh sorry im not a big fan of drones as the greatest weapon of the greatest race, they just seem so...flawed.

But yeah, i think developing asgard like energy weapons that dont expire would be more useful.

Comment

If there is a manufacturing plant, it would have been activated by now. It must be a problem with not being able to obtain the raw materials for building.

Best Stargate quote:
                        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                        Green is your friend.

Comment

I asked Joe Mallozzi a question on the Drones a few months ago. He said that there would be more info on the Drones in the second half of the season. I'm thinking that'll be in 'The Tower'. So hopefully they will throw us something worthwhile on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Simonthefurling
                            On the topic of drones if you think about it there a whole plot device in themselves, TPTB made the ancients use projectile weaponary, and furthermore weaponary that can run out so Atlantis Exped. couldnt kick everyones asses. I mean drones can slaughter hive ships, but normal weapons could still beat hive ships (wraith use normal energy weapons and ancients are more advanced so...), whats the difference of beating the Wraith 2 times over instead of 5 times over? Heh sorry im not a big fan of drones as the greatest weapon of the greatest race, they just seem so...flawed.

But yeah, i think developing asgard like energy weapons that dont expire would be more useful.
                            I agree, the drones are a flawed weapon. It's already been established that while they can wipe out hive ships, they didn't help the Ancients win the war! A much more powerful weapon or weapons will be needed to beat down the Wraith and keep them from just coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAscended
                              I agree, the drones are a flawed weapon. It's already been established that while they can wipe out hive ships, they didn't help the Ancients win the war! A much more powerful weapon or weapons will be needed to beat down the Wraith and keep them from just coming back.
                              The Ancients didn't lose the war because the drone weapons weren't powerfull enough, they lost it becuase of overwhelming numbers. They won individual battles (with help from the drones albet). The Ancients also had energy based weapons (defense satellites, "trinity" cannon), it's not new tech they needed, it was more numbers.
                              302's lead the way!

Comment

Originally posted by SGRanger06
                                The Ancients didn't lose the war because the drone weapons weren't powerfull enough, they lost it becuase of overwhelming numbers. They won individual battles (with help from the drones albet). The Ancients also had energy based weapons (defense satellites, "trinity" cannon), it's not new tech they needed, it was more numbers.
                                You would have to wonder why a satellite like weapon isnt on Atlantis, for there not to be one doesnt make any sense to me except for the plot. But yeah, still thats a little off topic

Comment

Working...
                                X