This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Owen Macri
    We could get a Tank through the Stargate, theoretically, we could fit a planet through the Stargate.

Owen Macri
    If you look at my first posts link it tells you that a tank can fit through a stargate. Even the M1 which is a monster .
    Rimmer: "What's this? Learning drugs? They're illegal, matey! Where did you get them? I'm afraid you're in very serious, grave, deep trouble, Lister. Where did you get them? I want names, I want places, I want dates."
    Lister: "Arnold Rimmer, his locker, this morning."
    - Rimmer and Lister, Balance of Power from Red Dwarf

Ambassador: I hate you English. With your boring trousers and your shiny toilet paper and your ridiculous preconceptions that Frenchmen are great lovers. I'm French and I'm hung like a baby carrot and a couple of petits pois.
    - Nob and Nobility from Blackadder

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson
      assemble the tanks at the alpha site. much eaiser, as the gate is outside
      The alpha site gate is indoors now, and there's a nasty 90 degree turn to go through the gate. Making that turn in a vehicle would be difficult to say the least.
      Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther
        But we don't have transporter tech yet.
        The Asgard do...

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by nimitz
          If you look at my first posts link it tells you that a tank can fit through a stargate. Even the M1 which is a monster .
          I appoligize, I must have missed that. Ok, instead of a thank, let's say, The Empire State Building.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
            The Asgard do...

Owen Macri
            But we don't. Will they fork it over?

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands"
            - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC-65AD)

Why it's a "magazine" and not a "clip".

Comment

Well, Atlantis Season two
              Spoiler:
              we have it on the Daedalus.
              As well, we have Asgard transporters on the Prometheus, originally, they didn't have time to put Asgard sensors on it, so we had to use locators, and I am not sure if they updated them yet.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
                The alpha site gate is indoors now, and there's a nasty 90 degree turn to go through the gate. Making that turn in a vehicle would be difficult to say the least.

D`OH

forgot about that

Help!
                My emojournal

Comment

i havent read all of theposted so its probabaly been said but to dismantle the jeeps and tanks before transit or using asgard transporters on the prommie or a asgard ship to beam the gate up to a secure wherehouse say at area 51 then massing your viercles there then simply sending them through there and simply beam the gate back to the gate room.
                  For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

They may be able to build a lazy-susan style turntable device to rotate incoming vehicles, similar to railway ones.

I'd like to point out that this should now be the lastest post in the thread but it's not, see:

Originally posted by The post before mine
                    Well, with a tank it would be no problem, you drive it striaght to is it parralel with the gate and then move one tread backwards and one forwards, it would spin in place.

Owen Macri
                    Lord §okar, Niles, Mark VI, etc: Dom Howard fan

Tama, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, Sabian, Zildjian and Remo

Comment

You are right, it is the time dialation effect, I posted from the future, and now came back and am posting from the preasent about my post from the future, therefore effect is preceeding cause. RELATIVITY IS SO FREAKING COOL!!!

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson
                        D`OH

forgot about that
                        Well, with a tank it would be no problem, you drive it striaght to is it parralel with the gate and then move one tread backwards and one forwards, it would spin in place.

Owen Macri

Comment

I've always wondered why nobody goes through the gate on an off-road motorbike or a quad bike. You could mount a fairly meaty weapon on a quad.
                          sigpic

Comment

Lol, that would be fun and cool! REALLY FUN!

Owen Macri

Comment

I have never understood why the SG teams would have to walk everywhere. O.k. , on a potentially hostile held planet stealth may well be preferable to speed, but surely a recon mission on an uninhabited or non hostile world would be far more efficiently executed if the teams were mechanised. And a team mounted on 250cc trials bikes or quads fitted with chain guns would definately look cool.
                              sigpic

Comment

Lol, plus when they walk they can only really explore a fraction of the planet, on all of those "uninhabited" planets that they discovered there could have actually been incredibly advanced races, just living on the other side.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                                X