Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, you still have to dial the point of origin, the red button just activates the gate. Re-watch a couple episodes when they dial, they dial seven symbols and then push the button.

Owen Macri

Comment

I have seen 'em do that and seen the PoO on offworld gates, but how do you figure in the difference in glyphs on the gates and DHD's??.......39 vs 38 respectively

Comment

I am not sure what you are asking, are you asking how to find the point of origin on a gate?

Owen Macri

Comment

No.....it seems there are only 38 glyphs plus a BRB on a DHD but there are 39 glyphs on a stargate........therefore, logically, seeing as the gate has a unique PoO and the DHD lacks a glyph but has a BRB then the BRB IS the PoO on the DHD.........

However, it has been seen on the show that you dial 7 glyphs then the BRB on an offworld DHD......but having one lees glyph means you can't dial all possible stargate addresses, which is a massive oversight on the Ancients part..........OR a bit of an inconsistency on the part of the shows writers.......

And seeing as the Ancients are big-glowy-know-it-alls............i'll believe they got it right

Comment

It could have simply been an oversight in the props department.

There are 38 symbols on the gate, these thirty eight are used to dial every possible known stargate adress, the thirty ninth symbol is unique to every gate and is only used as the point of origin, so you would be able to dial every possible stargate.

Owen Macri

Comment

Yeah....I get that part of the gate dialling........but its the DHD thats giving me trouble....unless the BRB is the PoO......which I'm leaning towards......If not it doesn't make sense if it has one less glyph that a gate...

But taking into account the TV whoops factor its all good

Just damn confusing and infuriating.......

Comment

Ya, it is probably just a oversight by the props staff.

Owen Macri

Comment

Hey...props staff or writers, whoever makes a booboo it don't bother me too much.......still love watching the show whatever!!

And enjoy chatting and speculation too!!

Comment

This is why they can never reveal the 'gate system entirely to us. We'd just nitpick!
                    JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
                    VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
                    MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
                    LANDRY
                    : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
                    Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
                    Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
                    Mmm... Green...

Comment

Originally posted by 6thMonolith
                      This is why they can never reveal the 'gate system entirely to us. We'd just nitpick!
                      Hehehehe very true!! We just can't help it can we????

Comment

Lol, I guess we wouldn't be here talking about this, if we could help it.

Owen Macri

Comment

Hehehehe......if we didn't have forums where we could talk about it someone would be out there buying up loadsa toasters and magnets and trying to build a homemade gate......

Comment

Lol, it would be so much easier to just go on down to the Naquadah store...

Owen Macri

Comment

Easier maybe......but nowhere near as much fun!!!

"Yes Mr Ancient your 72 four slice toasters and 6 industrial strength junkyard magnets will be despatched right away.........will that be on credit???? "

Comment

"No, will you take a check?"

lol.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                                X