Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya, you are right, it wasn't given much of an introduction, but then again, in real life would they spend ten minutes talking about a gun?

I think the introduction was realistic, with the threat that the Unas posed, the P90 would likley be a more effective gun. From then on, they continued to use the P90s so they would be ready for anything that they encountered.

Owen Macri

Comment

If you guys like the P90/MP5, then you'll love this.

http://www.hkpro.com/pdw.htm

It has even better armor penetration abilities than P90, but magazine holds 40 rounds as oppose to 50 rounds on P90. It should be easier to use since the grip is more conventional looking.

Comment

Well, that is deffinetly a cool gun, it looks strong. But the P90, I think I still like better. It is the unconventional hand set, that I like, no other gun is like it.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
          Well, that is deffinetly a cool gun, it looks strong. But the P90, I think I still like better. It is the unconventional hand set, that I like, no other gun is like it.

Owen Macri
          You and the Stargate producers think alike. (I mean that in the nicest way)

Comment

Lol, thank you, I am not sure how that could be construed as not nice! lol.

Owen Macri

Comment

I like the P90 but i would like to see them use the laser sights more often. Also a scope and silencer wouldn't hurt too. Yes, lasers....lasers are facinating. Don't you wonder how the SG and SGA teams hold P90 clips while their vests were specifically designed for M4 clips?

I also like the M4 as well. Including the XM8 - US's next gen assault rifle, IMO it looks very Cardassian....http://world.guns.ru/assault/as61-e.htm
              ...but courage, and a steadfast resolve will prove the most valuable assets in this undertaking...well, good luck to you all. *Beams out*

CONNECTION: TERMINATED

Comment

The p90 has a scope built in on certain models (not a great one, but it does have one). The ones the SG teams use always seem to have scopes, so that's one wish granted.

Also, they often do have laser sights, but they're not always necessary or useful, ie, a bright red/green dot floating about can give you away. Also, they have the scopes already and they seem to do the trick. But I would agree with you, the lasers are very cool on SG1.

However, despite what ppl would have you believe, and the false impressions games like Killzone give (where 1 silenced shot anywhere on body = 5 unsilenced shots to the head), a silencer does not make a weapon more powerful. It weakens the weapon. This is because it takes to power out of the shot by, basically, absorbing much of the gas released by the bullet. This stops the loud 'pop' noise when the bullet leaves the barrel, but it also slows the bullet down (more friction from a longer tube, but there's less gas to propel it). Ppl get confused because they automatically assume that a longer barrel (like in a sniper rifle) gives greater accuracy. Sniper barrels don't (normally, I know of one possible exception) leak the gas away from propelling the bullet, at least not until the bullet has left the barrel. So, although there is more friction, the bullet is propelled all the way. The longer barrel stabalises the flight and the whole barrel is 'rifled', ie, has groves in it to spin the bullet, again, stabalising it's flight. A silencer isn't rifled (but the guns barrel often is).

one last point, if you ever look at sniper rifle silencers, they tend to be short and fat. This is so thay can remove the excess gas for a quiet shot, while adding as little friction as possible.

Although the p90 looks really, really good when silenced, the lack of realism would kill it for me. + they don't often have need for silencers. They tend only to fire when fired at, in which case silencers are no use at all!

Oh, as a side note, does anyone like the SA80 (the rifle the british army uses)?
                "I have a B.A., M.D., Ph.D and B.Sc. Maybe one day I'll get a J.O.B."

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

"He who laughs last didn't get it."

Comment

Originally posted by Macharius0
                  Ahem...

...Any questions???
                  Ah, the good old Imperial Space Marines - Ultra Marines Chapter unless I'm much mistaken.

Now, there's an idea... How would a Hat'Tak full of Jaffa fare against an entire Legion of the Emperor's finest?
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                  To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                  And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by SP90
                    If you guys like the P90/MP5, then you'll love this.

http://www.hkpro.com/pdw.htm

It has even better armor penetration abilities than P90, but magazine holds 40 rounds as oppose to 50 rounds on P90. It should be easier to use since the grip is more conventional looking.
                    The mp7 is probaly the best smg in the world.You just cant beat it.And it looks far better than the p90 or mp5.But ive always wondered one thing why didnt they use the five-seven instead of the normal american 9mm.It uses the same ammunation as the p90,so the bullets would be interchangeble in battle.
                    Rimmer: "What's this? Learning drugs? They're illegal, matey! Where did you get them? I'm afraid you're in very serious, grave, deep trouble, Lister. Where did you get them? I want names, I want places, I want dates."
                    Lister: "Arnold Rimmer, his locker, this morning."
                    - Rimmer and Lister, Balance of Power from Red Dwarf

Ambassador: I hate you English. With your boring trousers and your shiny toilet paper and your ridiculous preconceptions that Frenchmen are great lovers. I'm French and I'm hung like a baby carrot and a couple of petits pois.
                    - Nob and Nobility from Blackadder

Comment

Originally posted by section31
                      I like the P90 but i would like to see them use the laser sights more often. Also a scope and silencer wouldn't hurt too. Yes, lasers....lasers are facinating. Don't you wonder how the SG and SGA teams hold P90 clips while their vests were specifically designed for M4 clips?

I also like the M4 as well. Including the XM8 - US's next gen assault rifle, IMO it looks very Cardassian....http://world.guns.ru/assault/as61-e.htm
                      Yes, laser pointers are not always needed or useful, in bright sunlight they are very hard to see most of the time.

Owen Macri

Comment

SG1 has used the five-seven, ie, in 'Red Sky' Col O'Neill puts a five-seven to the guy's head after the 'accident'. Just a point tho - although you are right, both the p90 and 5-7 use ss190 round, I have a feeling that trying to get ammo out of a p90 clip in the middle of battle might be... fun...
                        "I have a B.A., M.D., Ph.D and B.Sc. Maybe one day I'll get a J.O.B."

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

"He who laughs last didn't get it."

Comment

I was actually thinking of taking the ammo out of the five-seven and putting it in the p90.
                          Rimmer: "What's this? Learning drugs? They're illegal, matey! Where did you get them? I'm afraid you're in very serious, grave, deep trouble, Lister. Where did you get them? I want names, I want places, I want dates."
                          Lister: "Arnold Rimmer, his locker, this morning."
                          - Rimmer and Lister, Balance of Power from Red Dwarf

Ambassador: I hate you English. With your boring trousers and your shiny toilet paper and your ridiculous preconceptions that Frenchmen are great lovers. I'm French and I'm hung like a baby carrot and a couple of petits pois.
                          - Nob and Nobility from Blackadder

Comment

How about we got the opposite direction? Instead of something loud and flashy, why not something small, neat, and quiet?

I suggest one of those airguns vets use, load it with some tranqs, take aim at the bad guy, squeeze the trigger and Robert is your mother's brother...
                            sigpic
                            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Or BB guns, we could just shoot them a lot and it wouldn't kill them but it would be funny watching them jump around! lol.

Owen Macri

Comment

Eh. Ignorance...

That data on the P90 is old. It will penetrate CRISAT (titanium & kevlar) armour at 200m. The MP7 and P90 are in all respects basically the same performer just different execution.

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands"
                                - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC-65AD)

Why it's a "magazine" and not a "clip".

Comment

Working...
                                X