Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's tons of tech and knowledge that we havn't discovered yet in Atlantis, so who knows what's out there?
    JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
    VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
    MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
    LANDRY
    : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
    Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
    Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
    Mmm... Green...

Comment

Yes, like the long range sensors, all of Atlantis' command staff must have walked by the device that controls them 50 times since they got there, and they didn't find out what they were for months.

Owen Macri

Comment

Not to mention everything in the infirmary they have no idea about!
        JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
        LANDRY
        Mmm... Green...

Comment

Ya, they have tons of equipment in there that they haven't even touched yet, maybe someone should check it out... just a suggestion.

Owen Macri

Comment

There are only so many people with the Gene, and ya know, the Wraith kinda are out to get them now.
            LANDRY
            Mmm... Green...

Comment

Ya, but they had nothing to do while the Wraith were coming, they should have made themselves useful. Especial Beckett, he is the doctor he is around those machines pretty much all day, and what could he possibly break in there.

Owen Macri

Comment

Still, if he ended up breaking the used syringe container, I'm sure there'd be only a minimum amount of deaths.
                LANDRY
                Mmm... Green...

Comment

True, but he could move all of the stuff like that into the hall. lol.

Owen Macri

Comment

If a body was sent through the Atlantis gate world you see it impact with the shield?
                    Ask me anything and I shall tell you something you probably didn't want to hear.

I AM A STARGATE 633K AND I <3 IT.

Comment

No, the shield is so close to the event horizon that it does not let any matter rematerialize so you shouldn't have that pulsing or the banging noise on the SGC iris. However if it just lets a few molecules rematerialize then you would hear a banging, but you would see anything significant.

Owen Macri

Comment

In The Eye
                        Spoiler:
                        the Genii
                        soldiers impacting the shield resulted in flashes of brightness at the point where the matter impacted the sheild.

Comment

Yes, this is an oversight in the production. The Ancients, in thier infinite wisdom, could easily have created an energy shield that is close enough to the event horizon that no matter, no matter how infinitly small it is can rematerialize in the gap, in fact there is no need to even have a gap.

The reason that they would not simply stick it in front of the gate and allow some matter to apear is because there are still some particles that could rematerialize. The episode where Apophis dies and Sokar attacks them with a particle excelerator, and the subatomic particles manage to rematerialize in the gap between the iris and event horizon.

The Ancients would foresee an event like this and not allow it.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                          X