Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually no, I don't write fan fic, I guess I could try... I have read a lot of fan fic, and it is really long, it would take me forever to write a story like that, but I could try, so don't steal my ideas yet, feel free to add that into your story if you want to though!

I don't think they would make it an episode, Martin Gero commented on this in his thread, to get a story in you have to have an agent and they also have to be looking, too bad we can't just mail them in.

And than you for the compliment!

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
      Actually no, I don't write fan fic, I guess I could try... I have read a lot of fan fic, and it is really long, it would take me forever to write a story like that, but I could try, so don't steal my ideas yet, feel free to add that into your story if you want to though!

I don't think they would make it an episode, Martin Gero commented on this in his thread, to get a story in you have to have an agent and they also have to be looking, too bad we can't just mail them in.

And than you for the compliment!

Owen Macri
      I wasn't going to steal it...honest It does seem like it would involve a LOT of research to get the technical/plot things right. I've managed to rework that part of my story entirely. If you do ever decide to write it let me know, I'd be very interested to read it.

I was thinking along the lines of whether they'd already come up with an idea along similar lines...you can never have too much 'Atlantis in jepoardy from things other than the Wraith' . It is a pity they don't take unsolicited story pitches but I can understand why.

Comment

I was just joking about the stealing. lol. If you want to you can use it I spent hours last night laying in bed thinking about it, because you mentioned that it would make a good story, I have already made it a million times more complicated than it needs to be. In fact I am thinking of writing a story, however it doesn't use radiation and it isn't the Wraith. I will give you a little spoiler, nothing big, it seems as though the Atlantis team gets themselves into a situation, that they might not be able to get themselves out of. I will work on it.

Owen Macri

Comment

Does the Atlantis crew have GDOs? Did the Atlantis gate already have a GDO-like system in place?

Comment

Originally posted by evan
            Does the Atlantis crew have GDOs? Did the Atlantis gate already have a GDO-like system in place?
            They seem to have a system of IDCs although why they still call them IDCs
            (Iris deactivation codes) puzzles me.

Comment

Yes, the Atlantis offworld teams ue GDOs, this was the "tried and true" method suggested in "Rising Part 2," they have used it simply because another method was not available.

The Stargate is not directly involved, it simply relays the radio signal from the GDOs, however they do have a radio receiver conected to the computer which in turn deciphers the GDO signals. GDOs even have there own special laptop.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
                It also lets light through, and puddle jumpers
                Yes to light, but no to PJs. The field is very similar to the iris. If a PJ tried to come through when the shield was up it would be destroyed.
                sigpic

Comment

I agree, I read that too, did I forget to post? lol. Yes, what would happen if a Wraith hijacked a Puddle Jumper, dialed up Atlantis flew in with shields and a cloak and started shooting up the place, what defense would we have?

Owen Macri

Comment

It depends. Does a Wraith know how to use the breaks to stop from smashing against the wall?
                    JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
                    VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
                    MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
                    LANDRY
                    : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
                    Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
                    Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
                    Mmm... Green...

Comment

I doubt it, they don't have the gene, lol, that was stupid of me, why didn't I realise that before... Well, what if another enemy with the gene hijacked a jumper.

Owen Macri

Comment

Well, they'd need a GDO...

In all of the episodes that I remember, they've had to open the shield to let jumpers through.
                        JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
                        LANDRY
                        Mmm... Green...

Comment

Yes, they did need to lower the shield, I was just arguing against someone elses' point that only light and Puddle Jumpers can go through. You are right they would need a GDO, and the code, and the gene, and some smaller fingers to push the buttons, all of which they don't have, lol.

Own Macri

Comment

Or they could just latch onto the back of a jumper
                            LANDRY
                            Mmm... Green...

Comment

I somehow don't think that would work with the results they expected. lol.

Owen Macri

Comment

Hey, getting half of a ship through would be better than no ship. And who says the shield can close around matter?
                                LANDRY
                                Mmm... Green...

Comment

Working...
                                X