Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know, what would you do with half a ship?

Owen Macri

Comment

You could always strap the Naquadah bomb to the front...
      JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
      VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
      MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
      LANDRY
      : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
      Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
      Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
      Mmm... Green...

Comment

I guess... lol.

Owen Macri

Comment

We need to start a thread: One Millon and One Ways to Destroy Atlantis
          JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
          LANDRY
          Mmm... Green...

Comment

lol, that would be a long thread.

Owen Macri

Comment

We could probably do it, though(knowing Gateworld)
              LANDRY
              Mmm... Green...

Comment

Oh, definetly.

Owen Macri

Comment

Wow, we got off topic. So what does the shield let through? We know radio waves and light.
                  LANDRY
                  Mmm... Green...

Comment

Originally posted by 6thMonolith
                    Wow, we got off topic. So what does the shield let through? We know radio waves and light.
                    Very interesting off-topic posts though (I was reading - just not replying)

I think that was the final conclusion - that the SGA shield only lets through light and radio waves.

Comment

What about other types of waves? Did the Ancients use Radio?
                      LANDRY
                      Mmm... Green...

Comment

It is possible that the Atlantis is intuitive. The internal sensors could detect what would be a danger and not let it through, if radio waves appeard as a danger they would be blocked as well. Of course matter is never let through.

Owen Macri

Comment

That may be the case. In Hot Zone, the city locked up and blocked people that might have been a threat.
                          LANDRY
                          Mmm... Green...

Comment

It seems very likley.

Owen Macri

Comment

Basically the only thing that Atlantis cant do is self destruct properly. Besides that, it's great!
                              LANDRY
                              Mmm... Green...

Comment

Yes, that is one strange thing, if the Ancients wanted to self destruct the city so that the enemy can not aquire technology and knowledge, they should have added a bigger destruct mechanism, as well as some sort of integrated virus to wipe the redundant database.

However it seemed as though the self destruct was put in place by the expidition team. The way Grodin put it was by saying that the naquadah generators would overload, but it wouldn't be enough to destroy Atlantis' technology, and database. It seems very possible that the Ancients either didn't have a self destruct mecdhanism, or we haven't discovered it and or how to use it yet, which seems more likley.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                                X