Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It might be possible, but it would be cheaper to build a greater number of small ships than to construct a place to build huge ships undetected and build a huge ship.

Comment

Size is not necesarily relevant, I would take a small ship that could take on a ship 1000 times its' size over a larger ship anyday.

Owen Macri

Comment

u know i like the idea of bieng able to use ships if formation, when ever id designed a ship i would maek sure that like if they group together the shield strength would increase tenfold or would be able to go faster.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

That sounds pretty cool.

Owen Macri

Comment

i definitly think formations are the way to go, the asgard and other races dont bother because there above thinking below and all that but because weve used formation since roman times were in a position to create high class warships in formation giving us an advantage others may not have, thats if the area 51 guys can find a way to create a sort of link between the ships,a galatic internet (the tokra's last act should be to give us that dam internet thing, its the only thing ive ever wanted from them!).
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            11000! green me

Comment

You better be damn sure to make it possible to work in numerous formations, since if it requires 4 ships for your formation all you have to do it to destroy one of them to break the formation.

I prefer battle groups of different ships over formations of the same class.

Comment

Which "dam internet thing" are you refering to, I do not remember this from the show.

Owen Macri

Comment

u know in threads and reckoning jacob bring out that handheld internet and show the team what ships are being ripped apart and stuff, it was really cool and he said in answer to jack ' i shouldnt really be doing this, in fact i shouldnt even be here, basicly is a really advanced internet.
                  i was by far the best thing the tokra have, cept the crystal growing( it looks brill.)
                  sigpic
                  11000! green me

Comment

and yes the formations would be very adaptable, anything from 3 ships to a whole 200 strong fleet could be formated to share a large shield or have a ring of outer ships that are stong, and a inner that are weaker or bieng repaired ready to be swapped for damaged outer circle ships, gd system IMO, as long as we have the reapiring capability or even to have the inner lot keep a strong shield up while the outer fire back. or even 3 cloaking 7 shielding and 15 attacking in a 25 stong fleet.
                    sigpic
                    11000! green me

Comment

Those better be some killer shields Immo!....by bunching together groups of ships like that they sure are limiting there attack strategy and might make themselves vulnerable to some kind of super weapon.
                      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

no because if you imagine 3-200+ asgard shield or even atlantis type shields when we are capable, all combined in to a super defense barrier around a fleet i doubt any super weapon could get though and if it did there are still a fleetof ships to deal with.
                        sigpic
                        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                          no because if you imagine 3-200+ asgard shield or even atlantis type shields when we are capable, all combined in to a super defense barrier around a fleet i doubt any super weapon could get though and if it did there are still a fleetof ships to deal with.

You're right about that.....I was mainly thinking that it would be a disadvantage if that is the only way there shirlding could defend them in an attack posture. I just can't imagine a fully cloaked fleet hanging in a semi-tight formation (because of shielding) being effective when going on the offensive.
                          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

ah well i was saying that if you brung your shiny new fleet in to battle and it was an ambush, wouldnt you like to be able to pull out a secret weapon that surrounds an entire fleet in with an impenatrable barrier long enough to escape or organise in any formation just by simply huddling together, if you need to escape all you do is disconnect you ships shield from the collective formatiions shield output capacity and cloak your ship, then you pass out of the formation and the shieldand hyperspace it out of there.continue until the formation is small enough to join together and create a hyperspcae window to fit whats left, our ships wont be that large and if atlantis(huge) can create a window im sure a reasonable small fleet can do the same focusing whateva create the window to the same point and have the same destination at the same time.
                            sigpic
                            11000! green me

Comment

Awesome Immo!...I'll buy that scenario. That's a pretty cool idea.
                              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                                u know in threads and reckoning jacob bring out that handheld internet and show the team what ships are being ripped apart and stuff, it was really cool and he said in answer to jack ' i shouldnt really be doing this, in fact i shouldnt even be here, basicly is a really advanced internet.
                                i was by far the best thing the tokra have, cept the crystal growing( it looks brill.)
                                Oh that explains it, I have not seen Reckoning yet, I live in Canada and the chanel that is furthest ahead where I live is Space, it is only at "Citizen Joe" which happens to be airing later today.

Recckoning part I is next week! I don't think it was threads, I caught that episode when I was in Florida, and I don't recal any internet device.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                                X