Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Salty -- tell us how you will feel if Major Sheppard has an appearance with our other hunks, Michael and Ben ----- a crossover. I'm covering my ears already! I want Ben to wear leather though or some really tight fatigues!! Will Ben character and Daniel get along or will Ben be military? Can't wait to hear the rumors over that character development.

Comment

Quite the opposite reaction here, I'm not thrilled with this news at all. I've never liked Farscape or Ben Browder. And who's he going to be? Daniel's long lost big brother? The physical resemblance, at list in pictures, is pretty close. Nope, not happy at all.
      Dana Jeanne
      Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

Although that is great news, is there a second source to make it legal?

I'll jump up and down then but I feel I am getting ants in my pants, as my father used to tell me, because of it.

Comment

Oh oh oh oh oh! It's a thunker's dream come true!!!

Luv luv luv BB, ever since the 1st ep if Farscape I watched (Crackers Don't Matter) Can see him as new military type addition to SG-1, and not getting along well with Daniel at all. But we'll have to wait and see!

On pins and needles!

Comment

Sounds like another nail in the coffin to me. Sorry, but I never cared for Ben Browder and as Dana said, he DOES bear a striking physical similarity to MS.

Here's hoping the source is wrong. Having major stars from other shows guesting is one thing. Adding them to the regular cast is quite another, IMO.

Comment

Wasent one of the original story ideas when daniel left, that he would come back as Daniels twin brother? Mybe they could do that and ben could be just a brother.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

OH!!! Horrible terrible no-good very bad thought!! What if he's REPLACING Shanks? Has MS signed on for S9 yet??? AAAUGH! SOmebody please tell me MS is in for S9.

Comment

Maybe he'd be a villain. That would be great. I can see him being a wonderfully evil character, maybe teaming up with Replicarter to be sexily and evilly cool all over the universe.

and if claudia black is going to reappear (as i heard)...no way those two can be kept apart...they must appear together!
                  Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

There's not a doubt in my mind that MS and CJ will be in season 9. I feel very strongly that Ben is being brought in to take RDA's place as "headliner". I don't have anything concrete to back this up but little things I've heard here and there all piled together make me think this is the case.

Although, I do Love Ben Browder with a capital L. If they can find some way to keep him and RDA (even in a very limited capacity) I will be one happy lady. Him, MS, CJ, RDA. It's like a smorgasbord of hot men. And talented of course.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Jillybiehn
                      OH!!! Horrible terrible no-good very bad thought!! What if he's REPLACING Shanks? Has MS signed on for S9 yet??? AAAUGH! SOmebody please tell me MS is in for S9.

jilly, honey, calm down!!! Michael will stay. come over to the thunk thread and i'll give you a nice soothing picture...
                      Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Sorry some don't like Ben. I wonder if you watched Farscape at all? Not a few eps but maybe a whole season. I admit as a diehard Scaper, I didn't like Stargate for just the reasons given earlier. Our wonderful, brilliantly written show was being cancelled, and Stargate was the scapegoat for us. But I started watching Stargate after a few months of being ticked off and found such a great rapport between the members. It's not Farscape - they really are 2 totally different shows. Farscape is true sci-fi - aliens outnumbering humans. I think Ben will bring both camps together and as a Stargate fan - that's a GOOD thing!
                        The resemblance is there for sure - but I can't see some sort of brother thing. I hope he's a 4th member. You could add some fuel to the group -- get some sparks flying.

Comment

I'm torn. I love Ben Browder. I loved Farscape, although that really shouldn't have anything to do with this, unless he's playing John Crichton on Stargate. I don't see a great resemblence between him and MS. They both have brown hair and blue eyes, and I wouldn't kick either out of bed for eating crackers, but beyond that, I can tell them apart in a line up. But, how well will he mesh, and will tptb, who aren't the best at managing things, fit him in without taking away from other characters? Will they short change someone else to get us to know this character? Exactly where will he fit? If they put him on SG1, that kind of negates the whole not needing a 4 man team. And, unless they show them going off world more, it would be kind of a waste of a character.

And, another thing that worries me. TPTB must know that BB's biggest fanbase comes from people who've watched Farscape, and I can see two pitfalls. 1. They'll go too far with trying to capitalize on the popularity of John Crichton and make him a character similar, which would fall flat, because these people did not write Farscape and can't make the character what the fans of the show knew and loved. Or, they'll figure that just because he's the guy formerly known as John Crichton, they don't have to do anything with him, and he'll just be taking up space.

Best case scenario would be that they fit him seamlessly in, no character gets shortchanged, he doesn't have a crush on Sam, and they make him an interesting character that works well (even if working well means working antagonistically) with the rest of the characters. But, I just don't trust tptb. So, for the pretty and for a great actor, I'm glad. For what the writers will do, I'm terrified.

I feel very strongly that Ben is being brought in to take RDA's place as "headliner".
                          Um, not to take anything away from him, but he was an actor on a show on the Sci-fi channel for 4? years. Granted a very popular show with the people who watched it, and he was very popular on the show. But, exactly what makes him a headliner? If he's replacing RDA in that capacity, lets look at what made RDA a headliner. He was on another show for 8 years, one that had mainstream success and popularity. If you all you had was a piece of string and a chocolate bar and you needed to get out of a jam, and you said you wished you had Macgyver around, there aren't many people who wouldn't get the reference, even if they never saw the show. I just don't think Farscape had that impact on popular culture. I really doubt the average Joe would know what frell means. So, him being there because he's popular with sci-fi fans, or better yet, because they think he's a good actor, would make sense. To take RDA's place as a headliner, no I can't see it. I think by now MS, CJ, and AT are as much headliners as BB is.
                          Last edited by Dani347; 15 December 2004, 08:46 AM.
                          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Was just over at Scifi.com and they have confirmed it. Ben is joining as a regular. Can Darren or David confirm this?

Comment

Ship Mum...nobody can replace RDA. We all know that. But since he'll be in limited capacity, shouldn't they bring SOMEBODY in to try and fill the empty spots? Right now they're delegating all the Jack stuff to Daniel and...it's just not working. I was against a ninth season, but if they can go new places with a four-member SG-1 again, I won't complain as loudly.

Michelle, thanks, it was just a moment of panic as I thought about the resemblance between the two and new contracts and...there I go again!

Comment

Yup, its true. Ben Browder will be joining the cast for SG-1's 9th season.

I met Ben at this year's Saturn Awards and, while telling him how much my wife and I enjoyed Farscape, he told me how much he and his son enjoy SG-1. In fact, Michael Welch was on the red carpet being interviewed at the time and Ben looked over and noted "Hey, it's Young Jack".

He's a terrific actor and we look forward to working with him.

JM

Comment

Working...
                                X