Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please excuse the ignorant American, but what is C4? I know it's a TV station, but why are there presenters? And why do they over-edit Stargate?
    YAY DANCING BANANAS!!!

Hallowed Are The Moderators

Kate Hewlett's blog

A Dog's Breakfast official site

37.47535% - Major Geek How geeky are you?

Comment

T4 is the 'teen' segment of Channel 4's Sunday programming. They have visible continuity announcers who are always sarky about StarGate and haven't a clue about it. Sometimes there are guests being interviewed between programmes. They edit StarGate in order to fit it into their varying timeslot which is 50m one week and 1h the next depending on what other programmes are on.

Channel 4 is the fourth largest station in the UK behind BBC1, ITV and BBC2. It has a mix of serious current affairs, comedy, sleazy late-night stuff, imports like ER and Friends, and stuff. It's a terrestrial station - only the main four are viewable all over the UK and by anyone with a TV & ariel. It's a commercial station too, unlike the BBC it puts ads in .

Madeleine

Comment

I think that's another insult to Stargate too, that's its billed as a 'teen' show and not as serious sci-fi!

And the point about the presenters. They should not be there deriding the show that they are introducing. They are meant to be the good advertising before the show, encouraging any random soles who have wandered aimlessly upon their channel to stay and watch what delights they have in store.

I know if I came across the T4 presenters by accident 'introducing' Stargate I probably wouldnt be enticed to stay and watch. They mock it so much!!

Comment

Working...
        X