This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anubis
    I am Anubis! I'm sure I'll find something within that brain of Ancient knowledge.
    If you can do something about Channel 4, then I may decide to follow a (false) god just this once!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
      If you can do something about Channel 4, then I may decide to follow a (false) god just this once!

How about enslaving them all then I can do what I wish at my command.
      __

__

Comment

I think it was actually a pointless episode to air since they must have cut at least five - ten minutes of scenes from the show. At least.
        Well I did wonder what they were doing when I saw that the run time for it ws 50 mins instead of 60 (for 'Grace').

I'm glad I dont have to rely on Channel 4 (T4) anymore for Stargate. It was the only reason I ever subscribed to Sky. I was fed up with being a season behind and those darn presenters!!!! (are they still the same ones?)

Comment

How about enslaving them all then I can do what I wish at my command.
          Now, that's a plan I really like!
          sigpic

Comment

Shall we make a list of what they missed out?

*Rebel Leader shooting his own man.
            *Burke Grenading the zombie.
            *Lee confessing that he crack to Daniel.

What else?
            sigpic
            Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
              Now, that's a plan I really like!

As do I! *gathers entire fleet*
              __

__

Comment

surely if a lot of people emailed em?
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                  Shall we make a list of what they missed out?

*Rebel Leader shooting his own man.
                  *Burke Grenading the zombie.
                  *Lee confessing that he crack to Daniel.

What else?
                  *Anything to do with the electrodes type torture.
                  *Rebel leader hitting Daniel
                  *Daniel being pushed across the compound.
                  *The threat to skin Daniel alive.
                  *For some reason Daniel using his shoe to escape.

You know the fans won with Angel and got C4 to show it at a later time with a whole version so it should work with enough backing.
                  jan t

Comment

Emailing wont work, about 2 years ago, people from gaters.net all tride emailing, and posting on the C4 forums, but the posts just magicly dissapeard, and the emails must have to because they never recieved a reply.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

Originally posted by Replicarter
                      Emailing wont work, about 2 years ago, people from gaters.net all tride emailing, and posting on the C4 forums, but the posts just magicly dissapeard, and the emails must have to because they never recieved a reply.
                      Well, we'll just have to use good old fashioned letters!
                      sigpic

Comment

That could work, OR even better, we could report it to OFCOM, they have been known to take action against networks from as little as 15 complaints.

Comment

Have a read of this, its a list of complaints, http://www.ofcom.org.uk/bulletins/pr...cb_24/bull.pdf and looking there near the bottom, most incidents have 1 - 5 complaints.

Comment

Offcom deals with things like racist or obscene or slanderous material, but does it ever step in because something has been over-edited? I haven't heard of it if it has.

Madeleine

Comment

Im not refering to the over editing, im talking about the constant sarcasm from the presenters, to me it is offending, having the show that im a huge fan of being mad fun of by the presentrs.

Comment

Offcom will not act because a show is criticised on-air. It would be a stifling of editorial freedom. I know the T4 presenters are annoying, but if Melvyn Bragg is allowed to criticise TV shows, and Points Of View is allowed to criticise TV shows, and Jonathan ross is allowed to criticise TV shows, then so are the T4 Two. The only material difference is that they are broadcasting directly to fans of the show they disparage, rather than to their own audience as the other examples do.

I'm all for protesting to C4 about their behaviour. But I know Offcom will not take it seriously, and heaven forbid that they should.

TV programmes are not protected by libel laws or anti-discrimination laws, and there's nothing obscene, violent or discriminatory (against people) in the T4 shtick so any attempt by an independant regulatory body to impose Don't Slag Off TV Programmes rules on a national broadcaster would be totalitarianism and a shocking cheek.

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                                X