Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i got it fine but what a shock, dirty tactics, god i really want to sue sky for breach of contract, they are meant to be providing a service that is 100% until 2moro night.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
      i got it fine but what a shock, dirty tactics, god i really want to sue sky for breach of contract, they are meant to be providing a service that is 100% until 2moro night.
      Well did you hear why sky did on Sunday, between the time of 24 and lost??

Well basically there was no sound or no picture or both, but when the adverts came on they were fine (actually that sky campaign came up) then it went back to unwatchable. Cheeky Sky.
      sigpicIf The Simpsons ever get on Stargate

Comment

Guys, Girls, don't let em win. In a couple of weeks, just go to youtube and search for stargate 10x19 and 10x20 and watch em for nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by rugbytown View Post
          Guys, Girls, don't let em win. In a couple of weeks, just go to youtube and search for stargate 10x19 and 10x20 and watch em for nothing.
          Well there is other ways of getting a better quality then youtube, but I will not discuss it here.

Comment

drat !! i did'nt know it was the end of february it was all happening, i have been with - diamond cable then ntl then telewest and now virgin media , i will not be changing to sky on principle !! even to see the last two episodes of sg-1 ( does anyone know if sky two is going the same way ) instead i will nip around the corner and watch it at my sisters !! hopefully this will be sorted out soon ( before next tuesday at 8.00 pm )

Comment

Thing is, If Branson makes a go of Virgin Media (and hes got a bit of a rep for making money hasnt he) then when things like Atlantis, Lost, Simpsons etc all come up fro renewal (contracts i mean) between the studios and Sky, he'll be in there bidding as well.

Hes already signed an exclusivity deal with HBO is it(?)

Remember, Simpsons, Star trek (various) SG1, Friends etc have all flitted around from channel to channel in their time on TV.

In a few yrs SGA season 6 and Lost season 7 could very well be on Virgin central, or V1 or whatever theyll call it.

On a forum I reguarly post on, (a football forum actually)...many people have went to VM. Theres rumours galore, but the fact that cable technology allows customers to order progs and films whenever, and pause on demand films (even if its not a + box) looks real good.

And the rumoured 100mb Broadband!!!!!!!!

Comment

Just a quick update for you...

No deal as yet.

Good news is though, Virgin have just signed the exclusive deal for Lost season 4, so we will be showing that on release.

Inside info is that we are also bidding on the likes of 24, Atlantis ect which Sky one show. Hopefully this will mean that Sky cannot show them next year. Rumour has it that Battlestar Galactica season 4 has already been bought, but had no confirmation as yet!

Comment

Originally posted by ezzie_uk View Post

No deal as yet.

Good news is though, Virgin have just signed the exclusive deal for Lost season 4, so we will be showing that on release.

Inside info is that we are also bidding on the likes of 24, Atlantis ect which Sky one show. Hopefully this will mean that Sky cannot show them next year. Rumour has it that Battlestar Galactica season 4 has already been bought, but had no confirmation as yet!
                  Lost season4!! that confirmed then??

Itll please my 16 yr old sis, who weve just got a box installed in her room for, and the 1st advert she saw was SKY saying the progs were going from VM!!!!!

I can see this battle being both messy and big at the same time.

Lets hope the customer comes out ok though....i dont want to end up on the Betamax (ie loosing) side!!!!

Comment

No deal as yet.

thanks for the info Ezzie.

Comment

Abit more info for you all

BBC News 24 link http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/new...m?bw=bb&mp=rm#

Comment

Seems to be bad news then.

https://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cable/a...ve-failed.html
                        STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
                        legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

Well...****.

I sure hope they try to negotiate for Stargate. Anyone have an address so we can email 'em asking them to try for Stargate? We could launch a compaign or something.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Apparantly, they are trying to get all shows that are on Sky One. Today they said there trying to get the rights to 24.

So hopefully they can get Stargate Atlantis Season Four.
                            STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
                            legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

I've heard that the Lost rights are only for Season One...
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

No deal as yet.

How can virgin sign a deal for lost s4 if sky bought s3 and s4 when they outbid Channel 4

also 24 is unlikely, it is on fox after all

while i like that there is competition i am still being cut off mid season from many shows i enjoy(not something i will forget), surely a 4 or 5 month extension should be considered to get to the end of 24, lost, bones, rescue me, bones, dream team and the stargates then start afresh
                                Last edited by Dave C; 28 February 2007, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X