Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think it will be sorted Virgin Media seem to be determined to get their own content for VOD to rival Sky One and therefore dont see the need for the Sky Basics.

If you go to Virgins website they have removed the Sky Channels from their packages.
    STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
    legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

Clarify this for me:
      The 2nd to last SG-1 episode won't be airing in the UK next week. If that's true then I'll have to wait until June to see it (I live in the US), or May, if Canada gets the world premiere.
      sigpic

Comment

It'll be airing, just us poor saps wont get to see it.
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
          It'll be airing, just us poor saps wont get to see it.
          How many fans will be affected by this? I know it's a stupid question, but I've got to ask, I'm American, what do you expect.
          sigpic

Comment

Several Million I think.

Sky customers won't be affected.
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

It would be hard to figure out how many would be affected by it, however there does seem to be quite a few NTL users on the site who've commented on it. but they are now up to 5 million customers with a large portion no doubt losing out. From something NTL have said dated March 06, "The company operates under the name of ntl Telewest and offers a range of communications and entertainment services to more than 5 million residential customers."

One can only hope that Sky One set up that service they were taking about, how Virgin Media customers get the service on the same network, perhaps like Pick of the Week or 119 providing the episodes to people, but they've only got less than a week before the new SG1.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                I'm seriously surprised we've got no Save Our Stargate On SkyOne campaign yet.
                If there was one it would be a bit misleading, Stargate is staying on SkyOne...

Comment

3.3 million people are signed up to Virgin currently, i'm torn between really, REALLY annoyed and amused at the new names they've put in place of Sky News and Sky Sports News but then again it is early. I really hope it's a temporary thing otherwise i dunno what we're gonna do, i'm not switching to Sky but Sky One was really the main channel i watched Silly me wasn't worrying too much, thought they cared more about their customers than their stupid rivarly...
                  sigpic

Comment

That's just horrible. I feel for those that have lost that channel. And to think, with just two SG-1 episodes left too.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I really thought they would have sorted things out and us the customers would not have lost our favourite shows
                      Glad that i wont be seeing anymore of sky's adverts trying to get virgin media customers to sign over to them, i found that to be very insulting to me as a viewer!
                      ......TARA......

Comment

Everyone The Channels Are Gone, They Went Just After Midnight, No More Skyone For Vm Customers.
                        sigpicIf The Simpsons ever get on Stargate

Comment

Yep...I've lost Sky 1 as well. I really thought Sky and Virgin would've worked out a deal before the deadline...but nope! I'm not switching to Sky though. I've been reading all the news and discussions over at digitalspy and it comes across that Sky are being just a tad greedy here. I prefer Branson to Murdoch anyway. At least he seems to have some ethics! Hopefully something will be worked out when the dust settles. Perhaps Virgin may start outbidding Sky for individual series! I'm hoping I'll be able to see s4 of Atlantis when it airs!

Comment

I give it a week before one of them caves and they are put back on Virgin

Comment

I really think the monopolies commission, or whoever is the relevant body, should be looking into this - this is seriously shoddy business practices on the part of Sky.
                              sigpic

Comment

I am disgusted with sky at the moment.They had absolutly no reason to raise prices. I suspect they expected VM to give in. Well as much as I am annoyed that I can't see the last 2 episodes of SG-1, I am glad that Virgin media stood up to Sky and Richard Murdoch.
                                It has got to be illegal. First they threaten to cut sky channels from cable, then they buy into ITV, attempting to strangle the opposition(VM who were trying to buy ITV). then they cut it charging outrageous prices, and basically bullying VM. Murdoch isn't getting any of my money, and I would rather miss stargate than give in to digital terrorists.
                                Go to hell Sky and Richard Murdoch. *sticks up middle finger at sky*

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

Working...
                                X