Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless your dad brought Virgin's version of SkyPlus and got you locked in a contract with 'em for a year...
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

well that sucks

Actually, Virgin hasn't kept it's end of the contract, as you were guaranteed those channels...technically the contract's null.
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

But, it's counted as unforeseeable circumstances. I'd buy my own Sky basic box myself but...you know, sucks to be an unemployed college student struggling his way through media studies.
        sigpic

Comment

does that mean you won't get to see the few eps of SG-1 and SGA? Boy, that would really suck if you can't see the show wrap up.
          Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
            does that mean you won't get to see the few eps of SG-1 and SGA? Boy, that would really suck if you can't see the show wrap up.

Certainly does....

Deeds xx
            sigpic
            Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
            MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
              Especially if SkyOne was where you first saw the series. There couldn't be worse timing!
              sigpic

Comment

Sky One was where I first saw the series, and it was also on NTL so for me it's going to be a shame not being able to finish it on NTL. Although I also have Sky, a strong fart near my dish is enough to drop the signal quality so if I have bad weather, i'm screwed as I can't run into an NTL room and finish the episode.

Tis such a shame.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                  It'll be too late...the damage is done...Virgin will loose a lot of customers in the next week, and the incentive to get those channels back will have diminished.
                  Virgin will lose some customers, but I don't think it will be a drastic amount. Remember that Sky are losing a very large number of viewers too.
                  I think a lot of folk will just download the programmes they're going to miss.
                  sigpic

Comment

I for one won't be giving Rupert Murdoch a penny of my money...I can live without some TV shows.

But I don't think I'll be giving any money to Virgin Media either, unless they give us some more channels or bring the price down.
                    sigpic

Comment

Much as I am disgusted with Sky's behaviour over this - as far as I am concerned it is nothing less than a blatant and unprincipled attempt to cripple their main business rival and should be investigated by the monopolies commission - I am relieved that we switched to Sky several months ago... we changed because the service we were paying for with NTL was abysmal - particularly the permanent broadband that distinctly wasn't! - and we got so fed up we decided we'd rather pay more and get the TV through Sky and the broadband through BT than continue with NTHell. Lucky choice really in light of recent events....
                      sigpic

Comment

Which in turn damages the series...
                        sigpic

Comment

I've been telling the folks to switch for ages. NTL always drops out, both on tv and internet.
                          sigpic

Comment

We were with Telewest and had very few problems until NTL bought them over. And now that they've been bought over by Virgin Media it's gotten even worse.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                              Which in turn damages the series...
                              It will damage the ratings of all the shows on Sky One, therefore it's in everyone's best interests to sort this mess out quickly.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                                We were with Telewest and had very few problems until NTL bought them over. And now that they've been bought over by Virgin Media it's gotten even worse.
                                Yeah we have been on Telewest for years and have never had any problems with the tv or broadband.

And it was the NTL contract that was up with Sky not the Telewest contract. But now were all one company its all the same unfortaunately.
                                STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
                                legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                                X