This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skeezix
    one cannot ignore the convenient timing of this with the apparent and impending end of SG1 looming in the near future.
    This is also something that really makes me hope here. The timing is far too convenient (and seemingly planned). TPTB at Stargate and MGM have known for some time that this was coming, so it looks quite suspiciously like this is a result from that.

Hopefully we'll find out something more concrete this month!

Comment

there was some talk here about mgm distributing thheir own episodes and such so i thought i would inform you about this topic
      stargate meets youtube meets myspace meets itunes in a new site

myspace
      Users will be able to create profile pages (think myspace but without the rigid framework of boxes like "people I would like to meet") and you will have access to tons of high-resolution MGM pics - from episodes, b roll and press kits - to use in your profiles.
      itunes
      There _WILL_ be complete episodes online - not at launch due to some non-technical issues - but coming shortly thereafter. They will be free to stream online but will have ads. Downloads/rentals will also be available at some point after the launch.
      youtube
      Users will be encouraged to upload and share vlogs about why the SG1 should be kept in production as well as commentary on episodes and fanfic
      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=35958

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
        The savestargate site has a survey now up asking for fan reaction to a digital future for Stargate:

http://savestargatesg1.com/digital.php
        Done!
        T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
          The village is gone?! Dammit...

Well, it's usual for the cast to split up after the show wraps for the season...so who knows, maybe this is still all on schedule. One can hope...
          The point is: the regular sets like the SGC are still standing.
          sigpic
          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

With the SGC still intact, it could be that they are making more room for new stuff to put in.

Comment

Ooooo *fingers and toes crossed*

Comment

Ive siad it so many times I sooo hope if an American TV network can't buy the rights then at least a canadian or UK (SKY), or even german whatever, as long as stargate lives on!! You people do not know how much I am praying!!
                I HATE SY-FY

Comment

the website is saying wether to have season 11 by waiting for it a year or not have it at all, errmmmm dopey has come to town!!
                  I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by Royalflush
                    This is also something that really makes me hope here. The timing is far too convenient (and seemingly planned). TPTB at Stargate and MGM have known for some time that this was coming, so it looks quite suspiciously like this is a result from that.

Hopefully we'll find out something more concrete this month!
                    Remember, at Comic Con just before SG1 and SGA aired their season premieres...TPTB from MGM and SFC were asking people to watch the show "live" and tell (spread the word) their friends to do the same. So both parties "seemingly" knew it was a break or make year for SG1. Reports at the time laughed at TPTB because it was felt that they were wasting their time trying to get technological savvy people that were too used to time shifting programs to watch at their convenience...to suddenly switch/change habits and watch SG1 live. But to those of us that lived through past cancellations of their favorite programs knew something was up and tried to warn the fanbase...to no avail.

Now those same people aren't laughing anymore. Fans are reading the rumors and official press releases by MGM and have hope... BUT, those statements sound very familiar concerning another cancelled series:

From TV Guide:

Question: No, no, no! Showtime can't cancel Dead Like Me! Might another network pick it up? — Joseph T. Sustrik

Ausiello: It's a good question, and one I posed to MGM's television president Hank Cohen over the phone yesterday. "We are exploring every opportunity and option that we have available to us," he told me. "It's a terrific show and, contrary to what [Showtime president Robert Greenblatt] told Variety [on Tuesday], our producers don't feel like we've even begun to explore all of the Reaper opportunities that we have. We have a very, very loyal fan base and I'm going to do everything I can for these fans to make sure the show lives on. The irony of all this is that Dead Like Me is a metaphor for second chances, and we're hopefully going to find one." Cohen expects a final decision will be made within 45 days, which, according to my calculations, is plenty of time to mount a massive letter-writing campaign.
                    SGA is a spinoff from SG1 and if we want to see more SG in any form in the future, fans need to support/watch SGA...regardless if it's on the SFC. One can just go to the SGA Wiki site, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_Atlantis , and read how SGA came about and the reference material used in the wiki to collaborate the info is listed at the bottom of the page, in case somebody questions the accuracy of the wiki information.
                    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by belgian
                      they said under the umbrella title MGM Channel in foreign countries around the globe. so not in the us
                      Yippee!!!! I'm in Canada and we wait FOREVER to see Stargate up here. Best news I've had all day...if they have a Canadian channel that is. Potentially not so good for those in the US though. Good news all 'round for Stargate though. Maybe the series won't be cancelled after all. *crosses fingers*

Oh and I hope they bring back Dead Like Me...fab show. Yep I'm greedy.
                      Hero worship is only a part time job

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                        This is brilliant! MGM screwed scifi over royally, heres to Stargate and james bond marathons in the near and ever wonderfull future thats emerging!
                        Haha... That's right! Up urs Scifi channel! Boo-yah!

Best Stargate quote:
                        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                        Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                          Yes, it will be great to have an MGM owned network, unfortunately, I fear it will come too late to save SG-1. They will complete shooting by October 4th, and then the finale will go to post production. They have already broken down a few sets, like the village and the cave, but not the old stand-bys....the conference room, the gateroom and Gen. Landry's/Hammon's/O'Neill's office. Once the cast goes their separate ways, especially Claudia Black and Ben Browder (they will probably return to Australia), it will be difficult to resurrect the "band". However, maybe they already have plans in the works, and we will get at least something, but I sincerely doubt it will be another season.
                          Ben Browder is an American and lives in LA permanently, so if there's no NEW Farscape in the works to be filmed in Australia, he doesn't have a reason to go there Claudia, I believe, was living in London UK, before moving to Vancouver, so I'm pretty sure she'll return there, not to Oz. Personally I really hope to see Claudia as Vala again on the mini-series, TV movie, whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan
                            Ben Browder is an American and lives in LA permanently, so if there's no NEW Farscape in the works to be filmed in Australia, he doesn't have a reason to go there Claudia, I believe, was living in London UK, before moving to Vancouver, so I'm pretty sure she'll return there, not to Oz. Personally I really hope to see Claudia as Vala again on the mini-series, TV movie, whatever.
                            I agree, I want Vala back..I think she is a fun character.

Comment

Supplemental News:

MGM Channel Central Europe launch set

MGM Networks and Liberty Global-owned Chellomedia will launch their 50/50 joint venture, MGM Channel Central Europe, across Hungary, the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Romania later this month.

Klaus Michler, previously chief operating officer at German advertising agency Arbo Media, has been appointed general manager of the new channel, which will initially reach 1.5 million cable and satellite homes.

Michler will be based in MGM Networks' regional headquarters in Munich. Sisco Schultis, manager of sales at NBC Universal Global Networks in Munich, has been appointed MGM Channel finance director. Thorsten Schweer, programming manager at Premiere, joins as manager of programming and on-air.

The new channel will begin broadcasting 24/7 starting October 26 in local languages, featuring titles from the MGM film library including Never Say Never Again, The Magnificent Seven, Robocop and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

The central Europe joint venture between MGM and Chellomedia was first announced in April at MipTV, building on an existing partnership between the two parties in Latin America.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant
                                Supplemental News:
                                There's already MGM Movie Channel available in Poland, but unfortunately not for me, my cable network doesn't have it

Comment

Working...
                                X