Clear All

Chris's reaction showed that it may not be the end as of yet, very upbeat

Comment

Originally posted by Fatewarns
      love chris judges reaction
      Me too.

Comment

Originally posted by -PITBULL-
        Yeah i think he would be one actor that would take the pay cut for a New Eps ...
        He and Claudia. I think so. Although I think that Claudia being Australian is probably the cheapest of all of them.
        T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

yap, CJ/T gives me hope... kudos to him for all he said.
          VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan
            He and Claudia. I think so. Although I think that Claudia being Australian is probably the cheapest of all of them.
            Because Australians are cheap?

Comment

Originally posted by prion
              I hate to say this, but if they make a new show, they wilL NOT put the same cast in it. Cost is the problem and the cast from SG1 are making big bucks (you think they don't renegotiate higher salaries every year??) No, if you're lucky, you'd get one, two actors tops, but it depends if they're willing to take paycuts or something.

From all I've seen, the cast is much more accepting (aka realistic) about the cancellation than many of the fans. For a show to run 10 years is very rare and they know. I realize some fans want SG1 to continue forever, but that's being totally unrealistic. A Stargate show, perhaps, like Trek, but even that ran into the ground eventually.
              They my not take all the present six regulars, but I can see them taking two of them, perhaps Daniel and Vala, or maybe Teal'c across to the crossover

Come and visit the Daniel/ Vala Forum

SAVE SG-1 CLICK HERE TO SIGN PETITION

Comment

call it 'Stargate SGC' insted of sg1. we cud see some sg2 and 3 missions =)

and pull them into 10 more seasons :-|... or atleast 3 more =)

SAVE STARGATE!!!!!! http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/index.html

http://strifetv.proboards101.com/

Comment

Originally posted by jenks
                  Because Australians are cheap?
                  Unfortunately yes. Australian actors' start price is much lower than American, who are protected by SAG and its' rules. Don't know about Canadians.
                  T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Thank you for putting up the video letting everyone know how they all feel about SG-1 being cancelled. Mr. Browder and Ms. Black really blessed all of us out here who enjoy watching the show with their kind words to the viewers and fans.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit
                      To me the only cast member that sounded optimistic was Chris Judge, all the rest sounded like they'd given up, how disappointing.
                      I totally agree. CJ and AT seem like the one's who could keep doing this for years and years. They were happy in their jobs. MS....that's the second time I've heard him mention the cancellation, the first being his statement on his own website and I have to say he seems almost relieved by the cancellation. I think he was ready to move on, but the pull from the fans were so strong that he felt his absense would hurt SG1 if it went on with out him. He was doing this more out of loyalty than for enjoyment. I truly believe he wants to move on and experience other avenues of acting.

I felt for CB also in this. She only had one solid "breakout" year on SG1 and her story is only just beginning and she knows it. Truly sad.

Comment

I just don't understand at all!!!

After seeing this wonderfull video, it obvious the cast want to continue making Stargate;

MGM - want to carry on making Stargate,

- Brad and Rob - and the writers want to carry on making Stargate,

But Sci-Fi - don't want to!! and wont let them!!

ARGHHH!!! I just dont understand!! Sci-Fi - let them continue you selfish, selfish - screwed up people!!!
                        Its not about whos right or wrong its about the debate!

Comment

Claudia's segment is now up at the Space Channel site

Comment

Originally posted by -PITBULL-
                            You could tell they really dont want the show to end either ... Lets hope that MGM can do something about this ... Give the cast a new SHOW , call it STARGATE ( Something ) , Just bring SG-1 back ... Or move them around a little if needed ... Just dont let STARGATE that we LOVE and KNOW end this way ..
                            Yeah, let's really start Stargate Command this time. I think the producers and the cast wouldn't have minded the show becoming Stargate Command, especially given the new team dynamic, but Sci Fi wanted to be known as having the "longest running Sci Fi show on TV" and that couldn't happen if the name had changed.

Comment

Originally posted by xxmynameismikexx
                              call it 'Stargate SGC' insted of sg1. we cud see some sg2 and 3 missions =)

and pull them into 10 more seasons :-|... or atleast 3 more =)
                              So it would be called 'stargate stargate command' ?

I do like the idea of seeing missions from other teams though, although I think there is only one other team that actually explores like SG-1...

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                                I hate to say this, but if they make a new show, they wilL NOT put the same cast in it. Cost is the problem and the cast from SG1 are making big bucks (you think they don't renegotiate higher salaries every year??) No, if you're lucky, you'd get one, two actors tops, but it depends if they're willing to take paycuts or something.

From all I've seen, the cast is much more accepting (aka realistic) about the cancellation than many of the fans. For a show to run 10 years is very rare and they know. I realize some fans want SG1 to continue forever, but that's being totally unrealistic. A Stargate show, perhaps, like Trek, but even that ran into the ground eventually.

You're confused.

This isn't what MGM has said they want.

This is what SciFi has said THEY want, for MGM to do the show on the cheap so they (SciFi) won't have to pay MGM so much in production money.

WHERE are you getting this from?

MGM hasn't said they want to change the cast, etc.

They've said they want to go on with SG-1.

Shame on you for spreading misinformation.

Comment

Working...
                                X