This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fatewarns
    You could tell they really dont want the show to end either ... Lets hope that MGM can do something about this ... Give the cast a new SHOW , call it STARGATE ( Something ) , Just bring SG-1 back ... Or move them around a little if needed ... Just dont let STARGATE that we LOVE and KNOW end this way ..

Comment

how about shifting SG-1 to the alpha site? Stargate Alpha wouldnt be a bad title.

Comment

Originally posted by ahdvd
        how about shifting SG-1 to the alpha site? Stargate Alpha wouldnt be a bad title.
        Or they could just make it Stargate Command like they intended to.

Comment

Well those interviews pretty much sum up what we already know. SG-1 would switch networks (if anyone would have them/could afford them) and continue if it wern't for Sci-Fi and their stinkin' contract.
          As it stands though, Sci-Fi has SG-1 by the balls unless MGM is willing to break contract and pay heavily or until the contract expires (can't see it being more than a few years, lol.)
          Sucks.

Comment

*cries*
            The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
            Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
            My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
            Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Originally posted by -PITBULL-
              You could tell they really dont want the show to end either ... Lets hope that MGM can do something about this ... Give the cast a new SHOW , call it STARGATE ( Something ) , Just bring SG-1 back ... Or move them around a little if needed ... Just dont let STARGATE that we LOVE and KNOW end this way ..
              I hate to say this, but if they make a new show, they wilL NOT put the same cast in it. Cost is the problem and the cast from SG1 are making big bucks (you think they don't renegotiate higher salaries every year??) No, if you're lucky, you'd get one, two actors tops, but it depends if they're willing to take paycuts or something.

From all I've seen, the cast is much more accepting (aka realistic) about the cancellation than many of the fans. For a show to run 10 years is very rare and they know. I realize some fans want SG1 to continue forever, but that's being totally unrealistic. A Stargate show, perhaps, like Trek, but even that ran into the ground eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                I hate to say this, but if they make a new show, they wilL NOT put the same cast in it. Cost is the problem and the cast from SG1 are making big bucks (you think they don't renegotiate higher salaries every year??) No, if you're lucky, you'd get one, two actors tops, but it depends if they're willing to take paycuts or something.
                Yes, this is the business reality that many people seem to be ignoring.

From all I've seen, the cast is much more accepting (aka realistic) about the cancellation than many of the fans. For a show to run 10 years is very rare and they know. I realize some fans want SG1 to continue forever, but that's being totally unrealistic.
                Rather than be saddened or disappointed by the casts' reactions, a lot more fans should be listening to what the actors are really saying--it's a business and life goes on.

Comment

Awww

It's nice to see that the cast and crew and given to such a light perspective on the cancellation. I wonder what Peter Deluise is gonna do.
                  I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                  Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I watched this last night on youtube.

I did think CJ seemed the most determined to be optimistic about the news and his 'don't fret you might be forced to watch us for years to come' was a nice bit of levity.

MS seemed quite circumspect to me just like his official statement on the news.

I do feel for BB and CB who both seemed resigned that it has happened to them again. CB's thank you to the fans was also emotional and a nice nod of how much she personally seems to respect the long history of the show.

Interestingly, MS, BB, CB and PDL seem to in the mindset that its over and they're expecting to move onto other things compared to CJ's optimistic line of 'it's only the end of original SG1 episodes on Sci-fi'. But who knows...I'm sure there was some direction on what they could/couldn't say.

I have to admit that CJ's thank you to the fans for their support and how much the fan support meant to the cast and crew had me almost in tears and I'm not usually given to weepy moments.
                    sigpic
                    Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                    My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

I don't know about anyone else, but I expected the show to end after S11. Well, I figured thats the earliest they could pull it off the way the story is now. I could kinda sense SG-1 slipping after season 8, just like everyone else i'm sure (i'll admit I've been less synical then most about these last seasons).
                      So, I kinda expected it to end soon, but not for another year.

Comment

christopher judge sounded very upbeat about it all.
                        he was very aware of the fan loyalty and im sure he would be first to return the loyalty.

Comment

Yes I agree with Uber Sg-1 Fan and Fifth Man and that there does seem to be a little bit of my Spider Sense tingling as well. There's oibviously something a lot deeper that we don't know about in the corporate hierarchy of Mgm. Maybe they're trying to wiggle out of that hellish contract. Maybe they're planning a feature film. But whatever is going on

A) It's probably going on in an Mgm boardroom somewhere right now whilst I'm typing this

and B) It will definitely mean an SG1 resurrection in some form.

Comment

love chris judges reaction

Comment

Originally posted by Fatewarns
                              love chris judges reaction
                              Yeah i think he would be one actor that would take the pay cut for a New Eps ...

Comment

How do i always miss these on TV?

Anyway, it was kinda cool to see their reactoins, it woulda been nice to hear from AT and RDA

Anyone who gives me green is sexy, wanna be sexy? Give me Green! Woopie!

CLICK THE PIC!

Comment

Working...
                                X