X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

o_o yeah someone definitely needs to youtube that after they download it

Comment

I'm not on YouTube but I'm watching now.

Geez man! It begins (pretty host):

"And speaking of sucking, it really sucked this week for Stargate SG-1 fans..."

Way to put a fricking fine point on it! Yow!
      Frak! --Apollo
      Frak you. --Cain
      FRAK Me! --Kat
      frakwit! --Tyrol
      B*tch took my ride. --Starbuck

Comment

Just watched it.

God I hate Sci-fi so much right now.

Comment

Hypaspace Weekly recently interviewed Michael Shanks, Chris Judge, Claudia Black, Ben Browder and Peter DeLouis regarding SG-1's cancellation. You can download the clip at: www.benbrowderportal.com. There's also a youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z69ohgoQjg0

The clip also contains behind the scenes footage from the S10 set.

Spoiler:
          It looks like they're shooting the episode 'Bad Guys'

Banner by angelfire east

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan
            You can find the clip HERE
            Oooh, thankee!
            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
            Yes, I am!
            sigpic
            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Sorry, already taken:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...91#post5720291

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                Sorry, I didn't see the other thread until it was bumped. I've asked the mods to merge the post .

Banner by angelfire east

Comment

Man I'm glad I get Space up here. Not only do I get to refuse to give the Sci Fi Channel money now that they've axed SG-1, but damn Kim Poirier is cute
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Just watched the clip, many thanks for the folks who posted the links and keep us updated with the news.

Very sad to watch it, CJ's portion almost makes one hopeful that they are doing ok and there is hope for the show to come back in some form or another. BB and MS are as one mentioned before putting a brave face, but CB boy oh boy, really breaks your heart, she did mention it happened before in "Farscape" .. somehow I felt she was about to shed tears but tried hard to prevent it. CB added, it is 90% business, 10% show .. or something similar.

I just hope the cast/crew don't be out of a job for long.

Comment

This is comforting, I am going to just sit back and see what happens now. Wow irony! I have gone through many stages with this news, anger, denial, anger again, acceptance, anger, more anger, acceptance, fear, anger yet again, and finally closer.....STARGATE FOREVER, you gotta love the professionalism of the cast.

Comment

Originally posted by OberonSky
                        Just watched the clip, many thanks for the folks who posted the links and keep us updated with the news.

Very sad to watch it, CJ's portion almost makes one hopeful that they are doing ok and there is hope for the show to come back in some form or another. BB and MS are as one mentioned before putting a brave face, but CB boy oh boy, really breaks your heart, she did mention it happened before in "Farscape" .. somehow I felt she was about to shed tears but tried hard to prevent it. CB added, it is 90% business, 10% show .. or something similar.

I just hope the cast/crew don't be out of a job for long.
                        Fingers crossed...

I really hate Skffy even more now for doing this to Claudia and Ben for the second time. You should get Farscape DVDs - the last volume of season 4 - and watch "Farwell" Special, about "Farscape" cancellation. It's breaking my heart every time I'm watching this. You're right, Claudia was on the edge with tears now.
                        T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by OberonSky
                          she did mention it happened before in "Farscape" .. somehow I felt she was about to shed tears but tried hard to prevent it
                          Yeah, I think I even noticed her gulp or... something. Subtle, whatever it was, but it caught my attention. Maybe the look in her eyes.

I was amazed that she actually mentioned the Farscape experience. I don't think I could have brought myself to go there. I was one of those "very angry people" when Sci-Fi killed (and I do mean *killed*) Farscape, and frankly, half of why I'm torqued as much as I am about SG-1 is that they've up and done it again but with more brazen attitude and even more stupidity (which I didn't think possible).

Claudia & Ben - you'll probably never see this but - you're the greatest. Y'all were smooooooooth and ya looked goooooood and when I grow up I want a Peacekeeper outfit just like yer'ns. FARSCAPE is what got me to SG-1 baby!

And the SG-1 originals... are words needed? 10 years. Hot damn.

And with that... I will watch these folks in whatever venue MGM can prop them up on, even if it's a creaky wood stage with one light on a pole

Chris Judge in interview: "You may be forced to watch us for years to come..." YEAH!
                          Last edited by takinspace; 27 August 2006, 01:06 AM.
                          Frak! --Apollo
                          Frak you. --Cain
                          FRAK Me! --Kat
                          frakwit! --Tyrol
                          B*tch took my ride. --Starbuck

Comment

The unlikeliness of another season is slowly sinking in, but I still get a bit depressed when I read or see things pretty much adding to the whole cancellation deal. Like they said, I should try to be happy with the long run SG-1 got.
                            http://www.bigcrumbs.com/crumbs/land...nchan2&s=59146
                            Shop through Big Crumbs for your online purchases to receive a little bit of your money back.

Comment

Originally posted by ranchan2
                              The unlikeliness of another season is slowly sinking in, but I still get a bit depressed when I read or see things pretty much adding to the whole cancellation deal. Like they said, I should try to be happy with the long run SG-1 got.
                              I'm not happy at all, because I've really begun to like and fully enjoy SG-1 when Claudia and Ben came on board, especially this season when Claudia is regular cast member. I WANT MORE VALA!!!

Comment

And here there's a transcript (I snurched it from Michael Shanks Online website )

"The announcer introduces the segment:

And speaking of sucking, it really sucked this week for Stargate SG-1 fans when the SciFi Channel announced that there wouldn't be an eleventh season, and that the episodes currently shooting in Vancouver would be the last. Our HypaSpace crew were on the set this week for the 10th Anniversary celebration and talked to the cast and crew about the decision to pull the plug.

The scene cuts to Michael sitting:

Michael: We found out a little bit earlier than the public did, obviously, that the show had been cancelled, and.. and it's, it's hard to be really terribly upset. You know, cancelled's a really weird word, it's not - we haven't been cancelled, that kinda means 'pull the plug and go home'. This this mean - this means we're not getting renewed and it's been one of those things that's been on everybody's mind for years and years and it's - the fact it's reality is just... it's just something we have to deal with and - and I think we've really had a wonderful run, so it's hard to be terribly sad and upset about it."

Cut to a scene of Michael and Chris on set in SG-1 costume filming, with Michael (as Daniel) saying "You know what? We're just about done here so you guys are all going to be able to go home and get on with your lives". Cut to Chris Judge, with some of his reaction as voice-over to behind the scenes shots of SG-1 filming:

Chris: What recent announcement? (said seriously) Ohhh, that one? (smiling) You mean the one that has the internet... you mean the announcement that has the internet all a-buzz. You know it... I believe that the ending of our relationship with the SciFi Network.. um... I think is just that. It's the ending of doing original episodes for SciFi. We are fortunate that we do have a person at the studio - Charlie Cohen - who is a very innovative thinker, a progressive thinker, so between he, Brad and Rob I am confident that they have other machinations of SG-1 in the works, and the Stargate franchise as a whole. So just because our relationship has ended with SciFi, I don't know that's not necessarily the end for SG-1 and I know it's not the end of the Stargate franchise. So, you know, don't fret, you may be forced to watch us for more years to come.

Cut to a short clip of Chris ducking behind a girl with a clapper board, then to Claudia Black:

Claudia: I'm not surprised, I think personally that ten years is an extraordinary achievement. I don't know how the writers - apart from bringing in new characters - I don't know how you can continue to tell new stories in the same environment with the same people. People's lives don't change unless you got through a massive sea change, so I think as a show it would have had to undergone some kind of major change eventually, and maybe it was occurring with me and Ben and Beau arriving on the show. And it always comes down to economics, I understand. I've been down that road before, I was on another little show called Farscape and it... it, you know, 90% business, 10% show.

Cut to a short clip of Michael and Ben filming, then to Ben Browder, and more shots of behind the scenes filming as he talks:

Ben: The immediate thing is, when a show is cancelled, is the disappointment, the fact that you're not going to be seeing these people you've enjoyed being with for, ah... for all those years. You're not going to see them on a daily basis, and you have to go out and look for work and... But, you know, given the fact that SG-1 went for ten years and is record-setting in that regard, I think you have to walk away when you've been cancelled with great dignity and say "we had a great run". All the people who did this had a great run. So with class, dignity and grace you take your bow. All good things come to an end and... this is one of them.

Cut to a clip of Peter DeLuise directing Michael, Chris and others, with Michael playing the scene aggressively, apparently to get a bit of a laugh. He ends with a "shut up the lot of you!", turns to Chris and says "What?!", to laughter from the group. Cut to Peter DeLuise:

Peter: I've directed about sixty episodes, or so... I think maybe even slightly more than that. I've kind of lost track. But, I've learned so much about directing and visual effects, and diplomacy!, and writing and producing that I really do feel blessed. I feel like I've been paid to learn, and some of the people that have been on the show since the beginning, even more than me, they have this decade of memories and friendships that they've made. I'm pretty sure that all the people I hang on the weekends with are all of the people I hang out with the week days, which is strange because I don't really have a life outside Stargate, so now that it's coming to a close, I don't know what I'm going to do with myself. I sound really depressing.

Cut back to Claudia:

Claudia: I would like to say to the fans of the show that were it not for you the show would not have gone for ten years. And I know right now that you're probably sad to hear that Season Ten will be, at this stage, the last season. You should be really proud that you've been part of it, and a major reason why you've had this show for so long.

Cut back to Chris:

Chris: I really would like to thank the fans for, in all sincerity for ten years of a wonderful, outrageous, rabid support and with the announcement that I'm sure you all heard very recently, that outpouring of love and support continues, and it's not taken for granted... it's taken very seriously, it's taken to heart, and we feed on it and it strengthens us and I truly, truly, truly would like to say thank you."

Comment

Working...
                                X